Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motion Timelapse "Device Error..."
561 2 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Macreo
lvl.1

Canada

Noticing that when I have my OM2/Note 8 on a motion timelapse, that if I get a text message or a phone call (and probably any sort of notification) while it's recording, the entire gimbal flops and I get a gimbal error. Anyone else experience this? I guess we have to go into Airplane mode for long timelapses?
Edited to add: I attempted another 20 min motion timelapse and without any notifications, it flopped with a "Device Error, double tap trigger to recover"at 13 mins. I'm wondering if the motor is overheating and it's failing.

So it seems to flop and fail and I get the Device Error with notifications and/or at 13 mins due to possible overheating of the motors.

2018-2-14
Use props
Macreo
lvl.1

Canada

So the pitch motor is the only one that gets very very hot. Even if the Note 8 is on the heavy side, why would this motor get hot and not the lateral motor that holds the grunt of the weight of the phone?
2018-2-14
Use props
Macreo
lvl.1

Canada

Okay, so... newbie me, it seems I didn't have the phone balanced correctly. After properly balancing it in the OM2, it works and no longer overheats. *Doh!
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules