new features Pilot app / XT
2764 6 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

Some days ago, there was an update of the DJI Pilot app. They resolved some problems I've mailed to the support. My main concern was that in dual control mode, the operator of the slave controller could change all the parameters of the app, such as return to home altitude. The DJI GO 4 app did everything well and master can control everything, and slave can only control gimbals and cameras. But after the latest update, the DJI Pilot app works the same way. This is a great releave. The second important problem was, in DJI Pilot app, the slave controller couldn gain control of the gimbals. Now this workes (not always very good, but it works), just as it works in DJI GO 4. But it works not the same way. Here you have to go to the setting where you can find 'request gimbal control'.

gimbal control

gimbal control

Sometimes it doesn't work. In my upper picture you can see I am in contact with the master RC.

Sometimes, I have contact with the master RC, but not in the app. Then the request to gimbal control gives a failure. As you can see, the remote controller name is blank.

gimbal control failure

gimbal control failure

And in my pictures I also found an example of linked master-slave and I have the same failure.

gimbal control failure2

gimbal control failure2

That was the first news.

Second.
I saw some new options in the Pilot app when using the XT camera. I show you two pictures. The first is before the update, the second is after the update.

XT before - after

XT before - after

Now we have a new option: isotherm. Does someone have experience with isotherms and how to use them? Is there a manual on how to use this? Normaly (as in the DJI XT PRO app for apple) you only can adjust minimum and maximum temperature, but here you can change 3 temperatures.

Isotherm

Isotherm

Thanks for replying.

Dominique

2018-2-14
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi ! what's about the XT/FLIR apple App ?? don't you have an Ipad?
2018-2-14
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-14 10:02
Hi ! what's about the XT/FLIR apple App ?? don't you have an Ipad?

The XT app on ipad is when you use only 1 cam, the DJI Pilot app is for use in dual cam mode. I already tested XT Pro app when in single downward gimbal and I know it works very good.
2018-2-14
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2018-2-14 11:46
The XT app on ipad is when you use only 1 cam, the DJI Pilot app is for use in dual cam mode. I already tested XT Pro app when in single downward gimbal and I know it works very good.

Ok, and if you connect 1 XT camera on the dual gimbal mount, are you able to use XT PRO app?
Thanks for your feedbacks mate !
2018-2-14
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-14 11:50
Ok, and if you connect 1 XT camera on the dual gimbal mount, are you able to use XT PRO app?
Thanks for your feedbacks mate !

Yes this works. I did it 2 weeks ago. First I opened DJI go 4 app because there I find it more easy to do the settings and control everything in the app. After that I switched to my ipad and started the XP Pro app for use of the isotherms. But with the update from last week of the Pilot app, maybe I will work more with the isotherms in Pilot because I think this gives more possibilities. On ipad you can only change minimum and maximum temperature and in the Pilot app you can change minimum, middle and maximum temperature.
2018-2-14
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2018-2-14 12:39
Yes this works. I did it 2 weeks ago. First I opened DJI go 4 app because there I find it more easy to do the settings and control everything in the app. After that I switched to my ipad and started the XP Pro app for use of the isotherms. But with the update from last week of the Pilot app, maybe I will work more with the isotherms in Pilot because I think this gives more possibilities. On ipad you can only change minimum and maximum temperature and in the Pilot app you can change minimum, middle and maximum temperature.

thanks !!!
I've also noticed you use Z30.
It could be very interesting if you could find the exact lvl of zoom of Z30 (x??) to get equivalent size image with XT.
Do you use XT 13mm 640 or 336 resolution?
it would be helpfull there: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1199669
2018-2-14
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-14 12:43
thanks !!!
I've also noticed you use Z30.
It could be very interesting if you could find the exact lvl of zoom of Z30 (x??) to get equivalent size image with XT.

I think google is a good place to find the answer. I have a ZXTA07SP, that is 640x512, 7.5mm lens, 9Hz framerate, performance camera type. I think the angle is 90° and it has IFOV of 2,72mRad. The MFOV is 4mm or 12 mm^2 on a distance of 1m or 12cm^2 on a distance of 10m.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules