Phantom 2 - Blink red on take off
1580 3 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gromi
New

France

Hi everyone,
Sorry for my english, I'm french (it isn't an excuse but i'm not good).

A friend loan me a Phantom 2 recently. I was newbie with it and tried to fly with it. It was the first time, and i powered on the drone without doing anything first (calibration with 360°, etc...). I didn't verified if leds from GPS was blinking red or not. Just powered on and going fly. I was wrong as f*ck, he crashed and one of the "arm" broke. I bought (with difficulty) a new shell, dismount all stuff and remount all correctly.

Then, i read some tutorials to learn and tried a new fly near the ground. All is right when Phantom 2 is landed.
- I power on battery (full charged)
- Check GPS: ok (blink green), calibration: ok (after 360° normal and vertical, blink green on front and red lights on, at the back),
- Power on rotors: ok
but after taking off about 50cm (20 inches), front green leds going red and if i try to make him gain height or stay, he flip, i lose controls and crash. I tried 2 times. Scared to break the drone again, i put it in his box.

Yesterday, after few research, i connected it to my PC, and search for errors. I don't know if there are any, saw nothing in DJI assistant software.

If someone have an advice, or this problem and/or a solution for me, i'll try anything i can.
Thanks for advance

2018-2-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

maybe it happens it you are flying the Aircraft just above you .... avoid this ...
2018-2-14
Use props
Gromi
New

France

This is the area zone where i tried to fly: Place where i flew
I take off in yellow zone, restriction is over 100m height. It doesn't explain why my drone flip. I think i need to take a video and post it here because i don't know why he do this.
2018-2-15
Use props
Octovisuals
lvl.2

Spain

Update everything and reconfigure all settings you know about. Set the gains to Default.

Recheck everything inside the aircraft is in good shape and in the position it should.

Read the manual carefully to make sure you correctly perform the compass calibration.

Don't fly unless there aren't any red flashes. Make sure you are using ATTITUDE + GPS mode at all times to fly!! Never attempt to fly in MANUAL.

Also, read the whole manual and study what each button and stick does in your radio. Make sure everything is in its correct position before flying.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules