Setting White Balance while shooting videos.
7062 8 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

Is there a simple but accurate way to set the White Balance while actually taking videos? Can it be done while the aircraft is airborne? What does one need to really look at while doing this procedure? Do you need to have a filter on the lens for cloudy days, sunny days, if so, what seems to work best, CP, N4, or N8? I forgot to mention the Histogram and adjusting it on the fly as well.
Thanks for the tips.
2018-2-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

White Balance iS not easy TO manage manually ... only experts know to do only viewing the day in VERY sunny days you must use at leasT ND 16 OR 32

2018-2-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

White Balance - Use It Correctly On Your Drone

2018-2-14
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-2-14 11:13
White Balance - Use It Correctly On Your Drone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeREQpmEdZ8

Thanks for the video. To me, it is still missing something but an informative video just the same.  
2018-2-14
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

The simple way to adjust white balance beyond leaving it on Auto is to set it on Sunny when it's bright out and Cloudy when it's cloudy.  You can adjust it at any time, just go into settings and change it.  You can also adjust temperature when you edit.

Like Nebu says, ND filters are good to have and use.  I have 8, 16 and 32 and  use them all depending on how bright it is.  It's hard to do but you want to try getting your shutter speed close to double your frame rate...
2018-2-14
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

ghutch Posted at 2018-2-14 13:33
The simple way to adjust white balance beyond leaving it on Auto is to set it on Sunny when it's bright out and Cloudy when it's cloudy.  You can adjust it at any time, just go into settings and change it.  You can also adjust temperature when you edit.

Like Nebu says, ND filters are good to have and use.  I have 8, 16 and 32 and  use them all depending on how bright it is.  It's hard to do but you want to try getting your shutter speed close to double your frame rate...

Thanks "ghutch", makes sense.
2018-2-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ghutch Posted at 2018-2-14 13:33
The simple way to adjust white balance beyond leaving it on Auto is to set it on Sunny when it's bright out and Cloudy when it's cloudy.  You can adjust it at any time, just go into settings and change it.  You can also adjust temperature when you edit.

Like Nebu says, ND filters are good to have and use.  I have 8, 16 and 32 and  use them all depending on how bright it is.  It's hard to do but you want to try getting your shutter speed close to double your frame rate...

Bravo, this is quite true. Never use the auto mode for white balance, as it tends to change as the scene changes, introducing colour changes you don't want.

I always set my exposure manually too, and use the built-in histogram display to aid in getting the exposure right. To understand the histogram and how to use it: https://forum.dji.com/thread-35998-1-1.html
2018-2-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Never use the auto mode for white balance, as it tends to change as the scene changes, introducing colour changes you don't want.
2018-2-15
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-2-15 02:59
Never use the auto mode for white balance, as it tends to change as the scene changes, introducing colour changes you don't want.

Thank you.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules