My Spark no longer USABLE. DJI Assistant 2 bricked it.
1580 10 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

WARNING:  DJI assistant V1.2.2.827 will brick your Spark making it unusable if you update the safe fly zones using it. Will no longer connect to DJI Assistant and will not bind with the RC . For certain I and one other owner have lost their Sparks due to this issue caused by DJI. I expect there are others of us out there.  Mine is in Canada and Assistant was on a PC the first time to try it. Bricked and would not be recognised by Assistant 2 on that PC. Went to my Mac and tried to have Spark recognised  by the Mac. No luck. Went back to PC, deleted Assistant 2 and then reloaded Assistant 2 and cold booted machine, plugged in Spark no change, still not recognised.  I tried holding the power button several times for the 3, the 6, the 9 and even 15 seconds and nothing changes. No ready to pair sound , no change in lights..Nada.  When you power the Spark on, it goes through a very quick self test then goes into the back lights flashing rapid yellow and front solid red despite 15 various reboots.  No change. And more disappointing is no response to written RMA request from DJI. Actually had the unit sold that night, and wanted to make sure the new buyer had everything up to date. Now unusable. Not sure how to get DJI to help, they have not answered my RMA request. Youtube videos?

2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Steve, sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, is it possible to connect the drone via the WiFi only? Please try and see if the mobile device can recognize it. And for the support RMA request, may I have your email address that you used for contacting  our support? I would like to check. Thank you.
2018-2-14
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-14 23:25
Steve, sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, is it possible to connect the drone via the WiFi only? Please try and see if the mobile device can recognize it. And for the support RMA request, may I have your email address that you used for contacting  our support? I would like to check. Thank you.

Thor the wifi for Spark is not visible at all.
email is steve.currie@hotmail.com \
thank you.
2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Steve, sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, is it possible to connect the drone via the WiFi only? Please try and see if the mobile device can recognize it. And for the support RMA request, may I have your email address that you used for contacting  our support? I would like to check. Thank you.

unable to connect to wifi either
email is
steve.currie@hotmail.com
2018-2-15
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Try holding down the power button for 30 seconds while it's turned on
2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-2-15 05:44
Try holding down the power button for 30 seconds while it's turned on

Thanks, is this a know fix or just a possible thing to try?
2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Still no email back from DJI support in response to the matter. It seems to be impacting many owners. 48 hours now since I emailed DJI Support for RMA.
2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Thor , I still have not gotten any email response.   Thanks for inquiring .
Steve

2018-2-15
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-15 06:15
Thanks, is this a know fix or just a possible thing to try?

this is how you switch the wifi to be recognized by your smart phone instead of the RC, it should help with fixing the issue if you can connect the smart phone and update the spark that way. good luck!
2018-2-15
Use props
stevecurrie
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

So just to be certain....I am responding to the post from   DJT_MVSP     who stated: "Try holding down the power button for 30 seconds while it's turned on"    That he means 30 seconds and not 3 seconds....? I will certainly try the 30 but that is the first I heard of the 30 option anywhere. (do you think they meant 3?)
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

stevecurrie Posted at 2018-2-15 06:54
Thor , I still have not gotten any email response.   Thanks for inquiring .
Steve

Steve, I am terribly sorry for the late reply for some reasons. The email was replied after and we had sent the tracking number to you, had you received it and sent the drone back?
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules