Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updating firmware batteries
4979 13 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

I updated the firmware in the MA, but somebody had added that once you do so you have to do it for each battery that you have surly thats not true?
That would mean refreshing a further three times (I am getting a 4th Battery tomorrow)

2018-2-14
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No you don’t need to do that, the app will notify you if the battery needs to be updated (tells you that there is inconsistent firmware) it will then update the battery.
2018-2-14
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-14 13:00
No you don’t need to do that, the app will notify you if the battery needs to be updated (tells you that there is inconsistent firmware) it will then update the battery.

Thanks for that, thought it never sounded right...
2018-2-14
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It depends on which firmware you are upgrading from, and which you are going to. Like Buzzyone states, you'll be notified by Go 4 if you need to update, but it's best to test with another battery after updating just in case so you don't have to worry about this in the field.
2018-2-14
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Last update I had to do my three batteries
2018-2-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wyke Posted at 2018-2-14 13:20
Last update I had to do my three batteries

Last update on the Mavic Air to v...200 you were asked to update for each other battery afterwards? Really? I wasn't advised of firmware mismatch. Can you confirm this please.
2018-2-14
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-14 13:42
Last update on the Mavic Air to v...200 you were asked to update for each other battery afterwards? Really? I wasn't advised of firmware mismatch. Can you confirm this please.

I had a firmware mismatch on all my batteries when I updated at the weekend, so yes, three batteries needed updating
2018-2-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wyke Posted at 2018-2-14 13:53
I had a firmware mismatch on all my batteries when I updated at the weekend, so yes, three batteries needed updating

Interesting - thanks. My Mavic Air was shipped just a week ago. I wonder if it was already on v...100 and I updated to v...200, and the battery update was required going from v...000 to v...100? Anyway, I'll double check tonight. Cheers.
2018-2-14
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The .100 Firmware Update was AC, RC and for the batteries, the .200 only for AC and RC. New users might still need to go through both updates and then the batteries are affected too.
2018-2-14
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

thanks, i already wondered why i getting inconsistent fw notifications in the app all the time... never thought that this could be affected by different batteries  but seems to make sense. (bought the fly more pack)
2018-2-14
Use props
NebbyChico
lvl.2

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-14 13:00

So, yes you do need to rerun the update for each battery. Why do you tell people something that is not true? During an update that involves battery firmware updates, the app will NOT notify you that the battery needs and update! You have to change batteries and boot everything again to CONFIRM that no battery update was included in the latest Air update. What is the big deal? Pop in each battery or deal with it in the field, your choice.

2018-2-14
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Nebbychico wth are u talking about he is right... the App will tell you that there is inconsistent firmware for the battery and it takes 1 minute to update.... did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today cupcake?
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If the update involves battery, you have to update the firmware of each battery, too. And when it needs, the app will prompt you to do so, please don't ignore the firmware inconsistency message. Thanks for attention.  
2018-5-10
Use props
fans884d8af3
lvl.1
United States

FYI - I just ran the Nov 2018 v1.00.0200 firmware update.  I use Samsung Galaxy Note 9, running Android 8.  I could not update controller or mavic2 via the DJI Android App.  I had to use DJI assistant, and had to do it on the Mavic2 three times for each of the batteries I have and once for controller.  In past, I could not do the Aug 2018 update via the DJI App either, that was on a Galaxy S8 running Android 8 and used computer and DJI assistant then too.  When I did update I only did one battery then out of 3.  I did not realize that each battery may have to be done for firmware updates, but from now on will connect each battery to make sure.  
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules