Phantom 4 advanced blinks red after about 10m altitude
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martin-Karl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11276 ft
Germany

Hi All,

I've been searching the web and FAQs to solve my issue.

I wanted to fly my P4A in a "free zone" (no NFZ) but the drone stopped at about 10m altitude and started blinking red when I tried to get it higher. It could fly from left to right, forward and backward, just didn't want to go any higher.

I changed the spot and went to a park 400m away and there it was possible to get the P4A as high as Germans law allow. No issues.
What could be the reason? Any clue? I received no warning in the DJI Go App about any NFZ whatsoever and if it was a NFZ, I guess I couldn't take off at all anyway.

Is there a signal which can be sent and "tells" the drone that it's not allowed to go above certain heights? Wondering... The drone works great anywhere else except where I was today - on the shores of the Rhine (Mainz, Germany).

I would be really thankful if someone had an explanation for this behavior.
Thank you all!
martin

2018-2-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

It sounds like magnetic interference. This would be true if you can fly in one spot but the aircraft behaves differently elsewhere.
2018-2-14
Use props
Martin-Karl
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-14 13:31
It sounds like magnetic interference. This would be true if you can fly in one spot but the aircraft behaves differently elsewhere.

It actually looked like it was hitting a ceiling and couldn't go any higher. I behaves exactly the same if I fly the P4A at 100m - red blinking, ceiling like - because this is the limit I've set in the APP... But besides this, I have no explanation...
Thanks!
2018-2-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look in DJIs own 'flysafe' map, the area might be marked by them as restricted, perhaps incorrectly.

Here

2018-2-14
Use props
Martin-Karl
lvl.1
Germany

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-14 14:15
Have a look in DJIs own 'flysafe' map, the area might be marked by them as restricted, perhaps incorrectly.

Here[/url]

Thanks, I did that already, sorry for not mentioning.
The red pin on the right hand side is were I was standing...
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Martin-Karl Posted at 2018-2-14 14:12
It actually looked like it was hitting a ceiling and couldn't go any higher. I behaves exactly the same if I fly the P4A at 100m - red blinking, ceiling like - because this is the limit I've set in the APP... But besides this, I have no explanation...
Thanks!

Did you check the app itself to see what the height was for the aircraft?
2018-2-14
Use props
Martin-Karl
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-14 14:34
Did you check the app itself to see what the height was for the aircraft?

That is something I didn't.
I'll go back tomorrow and check that! :-)
Thanks!!!
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules