Music Question...
2406 13 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

Curious. I know that I cannot use music tracks for commercial use without the artist's permission (and likely paying them for the use) but what about hobbyists?
Can I safely use music tracks on my Youtube videos?

I like the free music tracks DJI offers in the GO app, but there's not a way to edit the full resolution video from the app. Right?
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Coppertop! To answer your last question, you are correct that there is no way to edit the full resolution video from the DJI GO 4 app's editor. You may need to use the video on the SD card to your computer for more editing options and better resolution. With regard to using music tracks for commercial purposes, you would need to consult a legal officer.
2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Coppertop! You may need to consult a legal officer regarding your first concern. To answer your last question, you are correct that there's not a way to edit the full resolution video from the DJI GO 4 app's editor. You would need to use the video on the SD card to your computer for better resolution and more editing options.
2018-2-14
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

There are web sites that have royalty free music available for download. Here's a web page with a list of some of them: https://blog.bufferapp.com/background-music-video
2018-2-14
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Definitely be careful and do your part to make sure you are giving credit where credit is required and paying for what should be.

That said, there are a lot of ways to find royalty free music.

I found this video just the other day, I tried it out and it works well.

He talks about Divinci Resolve but how he gets the music could apply to any video editor.

Here's a YouTuber who claims his music is royalty free, I'd suggest looking into each piece to do your  best to make sure it is.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYtz6eR7uaczTGk5LU_L2wQ

Good luck & Happy Landings!
2018-2-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you upload video's to Youtube with music that has copyright, you will get a notification.
Depending on the type of contract Youtube has with the owner, various things may happen.
- Your video will be blocked
- Your video may be silent
- Your video plays but the revenue from the advertisements goes to the music owner.

Also, if you have a lot of copyright infringements, your channel may be blocked.

Even though I like to put music in my video's, I don't upload music with copyrighted music.
And I would advice not to do so.
There are decent alternatives. One of them is the Youtube creator environment. Here you can pick music from Youtube.
2018-2-15
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

Some drone users, make their own music, like me,you can
download it from Kriz music production

Just mention my name and its good to go(Tom Kristoffersen). You can download
mp3 file from the site. If i would recommend any songs i would say: The good people,
Falling Stars, Things you never see etc, special for instrumental songs.
2018-2-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bass Rebels on YouTube. There are other similar copyright free channels but they are very good
2018-2-15
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

Thanks for the tips.
2018-2-15
Use props
djiuser_qb1JCTnqi0Ck
New

Pakistan

You may need to use the video on the SD card to your computer for more editing options and better resolution.  There are decent alternatives. One of them is the Youtube creator environment. Here you can pick music from Youtube. You can download mp3 file from the site. If i would recommend any songs i would say: The good people, Falling Stars, Things you never see etc, special for instrumental songs.
2018-10-31
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

As a music creator, I encourage everyone to stick to copyright laws.  At least ask permission...
2018-10-31
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

You can also download the music files from the Go4 app to your PC. I haven't used any of them yet, but they're there if I want to.
2018-10-31
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I use Eric Matayas' music at soundimage.org
2018-10-31
Use props
fans8ea48d80
New
Flight distance : 179610 ft

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-2-14 18:21
Hi Coppertop! To answer your last question, you are correct that there is no way to edit the full resolution video from the DJI GO 4 app's editor. You may need to use the video on the SD card to your computer for more editing options and better resolution. With regard to using music tracks for commercial purposes, you would need to consult a legal officer.

Would that be a DJI legal officer? How do I get in contact with one?
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules