Has anyone figured out a clever hack for IOS mirroring?
1327 4 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbf70ee88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306791 ft
United States

I would dearly love to be able to mount my iPhoneX on my Osmo Mobile 2...put it on a fishpole/extension for shots 8-10 feet or so up in the air...then monitor the image on a second IOS mobile device (iphone or ipad) thats in my hand.
IOS mirroring is trivially easy to a PC or Mac...but I have not yet found a way to do so IOS>IOS.
I want a field solution...one that does not require a desktop.
Huge kudos and thanks in advance for someone who has solved this seemingly obvious issue...and which would add a lot of value to advanced Osmo Mobile 2 users
2018-2-14
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Filmic Pro has a companion remote app that will do that. Also they have already said that they are working on putting Osmo mobile 2 functionality into Filmic Pro.
2018-2-14
Use props
WaldenK
lvl.2
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-2-14 19:35
Filmic Pro has a companion remote app that will do that. Also they have already said that they are working on putting Osmo mobile 2 functionality into Filmic Pro.

Terrific! I'll check it out. Naturally native DJI app functionality would be best, but I'll happily try FilmicPro (which i already use, and is excellent). Thanks a lot for the tip BobWinNV!
2018-2-14
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

WaldenK Posted at 2018-2-14 19:38
Terrific! I'll check it out. Naturally native DJI app functionality would be best, but I'll happily try FilmicPro (which i already use, and is excellent). Thanks a lot for the tip BobWinNV!

Glad to help and don't forget that you can also use the second phone as an audio recorder for a directional microphone.
2018-2-14
Use props
WaldenK
lvl.2
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-2-14 21:20
Glad to help and don't forget that you can also use the second phone as an audio recorder for a directional microphone.

and...it works like a champ! thanks again for the tip,  BobWinNV...much appreciated.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules