Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Valentine's day sunset from the North Eastern U.S.
601 8 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaineMavick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169524 ft
United States

Ok, so I have a question about the video here. I know shooting in low light with a higher ISO is going to add a lot of grain to the image but to my eye, there seem to be either flickering or sharpness issues.  I think watching in 4k will make the issue clear.

2018-2-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have watched it twice in 4K, but see no flickering.
2018-2-15
Use props
dwainwayne28
Second Officer
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

I love the clarity
2018-2-15
Use props
MaineMavick
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-15 12:31
I have watched it twice in 4K, but see no flickering.

On the left-hand side where it darkens to black it seems like there is noise or some effect either caused digitally and not just by ISO gain.

I feel like I'm going to go insane staring at it too much.
2018-2-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MaineMavick Posted at 2018-2-15 15:18
On the left-hand side where it darkens to black it seems like there is noise or some effect either caused digitally and not just by ISO gain.

I feel like I'm going to go insane staring at it too much.

Maybe yes.
But nothing more than I'm used to see from a MP.
I think the image looks great on 4K
2018-2-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice footage
2018-2-16
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Captain
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

If you stream it to a standard HD TV it will be barely noticeable or on a mobile pone but on a high quality monitor you'll notice it more.

In this instance what you're seeing is GOP interframe flicker and just general noise from the small sensor/low light, best way to fix it is with Neatvideo.

Personally I wouldn't bother removing it unless it was for pro reasons.

In premiere pro bring up the colour scopes and advance by 1 frame at a time, you'll see a spike every 8 frames, when you find a spike advance frame by frame and count, you'll see what I mean. Also you can zoom in on the video and as you're going through frame by frame you'll see it correspond with the spike on the scopes.
2018-2-16
Use props
MaineMavick
Second Officer
United States

Chasing Light & Shadows Posted at 2018-2-16 02:12
If you stream it to a standard HD TV it will be barely noticeable or on a mobile pone but on a high quality monitor you'll notice it more.

In this instance what you're seeing is GOP interframe flicker and just general noise from the small sensor/low light, best way to fix it is with Neatvideo.

At least I'm not going crazy.  I've spent a few years now staring at editing screens and having a single frame do something crazy can make you lose your mind.
2018-2-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now