Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Driver error
4787 12 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone send me the driver for DJI USB connections.
I finally got my computer to see the Mavic Air and it starts to open then Driver error pops up.
After a considerable amount of time on the phone with Microsoft, they told me to contact the manufacturer and ask them to send me the driver.
I am on Windows 10 and neither my Spark or Mavic Air will connect to download images.
Funny, they both connect just fine to DJI assistant.

2018-2-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you seen this thread? Still no solutions, unless you luck it with a recent driver for the specific USB controller in your PC (as did one of the posters).

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534

I'll be trying the sequence in my last post to see if it makes any difference.

Oh, btw, did you install Assistant 2 v1.2.2 with driver signature enforcement off?
2018-2-14
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-14 20:25
Have you seen this thread? Still no solutions, unless you luck it with a recent driver for the specific USB controller in your PC (as did one of the posters).

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534

I have never had any trouble installing DJI assistant or connecting to it.
Just can't connect to remote storage of the birds.
I have plenty of USB devices that work fine. Lexar and Sandisk card readers, large SD from GH5, Cordless mouse, etc.....

2018-2-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-14 20:36
I have never had any trouble installing DJI assistant or connecting to it.
Just can't connect to remote storage of the birds.
I have plenty of USB devices that work fine. Lexar and Sandisk card readers, large SD from GH5, Cordless mouse, etc.....

I'm with you on this - I can update the Mavic via Assistant 2 and USB-C, but Windows will simply not see the storage (either one). Very frustrating...
I'm hoping that the steps in the other thread will help me to diagnose the issue further.
2018-2-14
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I just tried that and no difference. There were 4 items greyed out that I deleted and restarted comp.
Plugged bird in and same thing.
2018-2-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-14 20:58
I just tried that and no difference. There were 4 items greyed out that I deleted and restarted comp.
Plugged bird in and same thing.

Oh, bugger! I didn't get to it last night to try it myself. I spent my time trying to make sure that my drivers were up-to-date instead.
It's obviously DJI's virtual storage drivers, but I can't work out why they aren't being used. I installed Assistant 2 with Driver Signature Enforcement off (I have for every version since they introduced the unsigned Vision driver), so it can't be the same issue for those drivers. Where to next? Sigh.
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Our very knowledgeable and kind Co-Pilot djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H has found the solution today which I share here on his behalf:

1. Connect Mavic Air to your computer powered on.
2. Open device manager, open Ports (COM & LPT).
3. You will see two COM devices instead of one as usually when you connect Mavic Air They will have name "USB Serial Device (COMx)" instead of X you will have number of COM device.
4. Right click on both and click Uninstall and tick also option Delete driver if it will be available.
5. Mavic's Air mass storage should be detected right away or replug usb cable if not.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, I will forward this case to our engineers to check. At the moment, please try another PC or use a card reader to access the external memory. Thank you.
2018-2-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

For the record, the steps in post #7 resolved my storage access issues also.
2018-2-21
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-20 10:42
Our very knowledgeable and kind Co-Pilot djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H has found the solution today which I share here on his behalf:

1. Connect Mavic Air to your computer powered on.

Holy $&^? !!! That works!!!
After countless hours of trying this and that, this did the trick.
DJI had even emailed me some suggested fixes. (Didn't work, but they were quick to offer!)
Pass it on!!
I will share this with other forums as well.
THANK YOU!!!!

2018-2-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-21 19:55
Holy $&^? !!! That works!!!
After countless hours of trying this and that, this did the trick.
DJI had even emailed me some suggested fixes. (Didn'y work, but they were quick to offer!)

We have to thank our co-pilot who has found the solution. He has meanwhile changed his forum name to DH_Pilot.
2018-2-21
Use props
DrNoD
New
Germany

Was connecting the drone to Windows 7. Driver error popped up. But the drives appeared. But only one time.

Second time. NOTHING.

I installed the DJI Assistant. Nothing works with this tool. Can't connect.

I noticed that the 2 drives pop up and disappear. One and the other and again gone.

When i have the mobile connected to the remote, i get a popup in chinese language when i plug the USB into the drone. Like Cancel and something else.

I see both, the card and internal memory appear and disappear in the mobile app when the USB cable is connected.

Taking pictures and videos works. I can take the card and copy files with a reader.

Ideas?

2018-4-17
Use props
djiuser_ts8X4JuVFYby
New

Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-20 10:42
Our very knowledgeable and kind Co-Pilot djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H has found the solution today which I share here on his behalf:

1. Connect Mavic Air to your computer powered on.

This method didn't work for me. However, I found another work around.

My laptop (HP Spectre) has a 1 x USB and 2 x USB-C ports. I could not get it to connect using the USB port. Instead, i connected a USB hub to  one of the USB-C ports and it worked fine.

Hopefully this helps someone out there.

Also, connecting an external USB hub to a standard USB port might also work.
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules