So drones are like motorcycles and mopeds, if you do it enough yo...
910 2 2018-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
United States

I have many moto and moped friends, and almost to a man/ or girl they have lost it/ crashed, usually because they were rushing to get somewhere. Seems like its the same with drone AC. I am guilty of this as well. Makes you respect the commercial aircraft pilots with 300 people in back. They don't rush. Its all about practice, patience and planning. I have flown indoors a bunch, due to weather being bad in winter this year, but is has helped.  I have a good open warehouse space plus a backyard spot. I focused on flying, not videos that I think will come with time. Been outside which to me is somewhat easier if you pre-plan your flights, example; max elevation 150 ft and 5 mph South wind at max. Fly in sport, with flight objectives. Establish strength of connection and quantity of satellites, 10-12 desired, current calibration of GPS, and IMU always, flight mode, flight plan, pre-flight check, flight path, warm up, weather check with wind speed at time of take off and direction, obstacle and liability threats upwind-downwind-side wind. It is fun to make these assessments and it is to makes your flight traceable/ trackable.  

Don't be too confident like my moto friends. The Hawaii lifeguards have a saying, if in doubt don't go out. View yourself as a pilot and not a hobbiest even though you are. Lets all face it its fun to fly these things. But it comes with a certain amount of responsibility and liability.This will make you a safe and competent pilot and perhaps you wont lose your machine.  
2018-2-14
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Wise words, and I totally agree, I practice manually flying all the time.
2018-2-15
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The biggest difference between someone that flies a drone and a commercial airplane pilot is that the airline pilot has very detailed instructions that cover pretty much anything that could happen. I have a friend that is an instructor for a major airline. I've gone with him to a full motion simulator and watched some of the bizarre scenarios they put their pilots through. Practicing everything that your drone could possibly do would be near impossible.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules