dji phantom 3 advanced dji go app shows wrong aircraft
6336 15 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EricPabico
lvl.1
Philippines

After updating dji go app, the app shows wrong aircraft (it shows phantom 3 pro instead of phantom 3 advance) and no video feed.Tried reinstalling dji go app, relinking RC to AC but no avail. Also tried clearing/deleting cache on my phone but still the same problem. Need help pls.. Thank You!

2018-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are you sure that you downloaded the correct firmware for your aircraft?

RedHotPoker
2018-2-15
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

it happened to me once , i solved it reinstalling (twice)the app after a clean up of system
2018-2-15
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

This happens to me quite often, the ket is to wait. So this is the chain of events;

1. Fire up controller (this will automatically fire up the DJI Go application) - At this point, the DJI Go application will recognize the remote and connect
2. Fire up the aircraft
3. The DJI Go application will find the model (normally at this point it shows P3P) - However, if you wait (~30 seconds it will drop to show P3A), then hit the camera button and away you go.

It's worth noting that I have even hit the camera button whilst the P3P is showing, which has been equally fine.

/Chris
2018-2-15
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

This happened to me just yesterday, I just cleared my tablet cache and it solved the issue
2018-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

FlanniganFlyer 8 Posted at 2018-2-15 02:39
This happened to me just yesterday, I just cleared my tablet cache and it solved the issue

Cleaning up the Internet cache and cookies is often key...

RedHotPoker
2018-2-15
Use props
EricPabico
lvl.1
Philippines

Tried all of the suggestions above but still the same problem, any one help?
One more thing, when I turn off the AC it takes long than usual. Also when i tried to connect from gimbal to computer using USB cable, it detects the sd card but after few seconds it disconnects then connects again then disconnect.. which I think not normal.
2018-2-15
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
Netherlands

Are you using an Android device by any chance,

You problem sounds almost exactly the same as mine, but my drone being a P4P, and the controller thinking its a Mavic Air.

I'm trying to see if there is a trend between android updates and stability of the DJI Go 4 App.  If enough people show that they have no stability across the android app - then maybe maybe DJI can take note, and try to implement an update that connects the controller correctly first time, every time.  Not just the first flight of the day.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-134739-1-2.html
2018-2-15
Use props
EricPabico
lvl.1
Philippines

Rigger73 Posted at 2018-2-15 05:46
Are you using an Android device by any chance,

You problem sounds almost exactly the same as mine, but my drone being a P4P, and the controller thinking its a Mavic Air.

Yes I'm using Android device, samsung.  But it has no problem from day 1 until the last update of dji go app.
2018-2-15
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
Netherlands

EricPabico Posted at 2018-2-15 06:02
Yes I'm using Android device, samsung.  But it has no problem from day 1 until the last update of dji go app.

This is what I'm trying to find out.

All those who are having problems with DJI Go app connecting to the RC, seem to be on android.

Its just a hunch - but DJI really need to get this sorted.

A mainstream tablet like my new  Samsung Tab S2 cannot reliably connect to the remote control - yet my older Huawei MediaTab can.  I'll have to look at both Android versions to make sure when I get home.

To Susan or Grace - can you confirm that DJI have updated DJI GO for the last 2 or 3 Android versions?
2018-2-15
Use props
kurupted
lvl.1
United States

I'm having this same problem. No video feed, detects as P3P instead of P3A. Have cleared app cache/data, re-installed the app, tried an older apk of the app, still nothing.

Tried the suggestion above about waiting on the selection screen 30 seconds and it stays at P3P.

Same tablet I've been using for years (Nvidia Shield)

Everything was fine last time I flew

2019-4-27
Use props
pjtalley10
New
United States

Have there been any updates on how to solve this? I am now also having this EXACT same issue. I have a P3A and it defaults to P3P with no camera view
2019-7-19
Use props
pjtalley10
New
United States

Any updates on your end to this? I know its old but still having this issue
2019-7-19
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Bear with me and try this (to be certain its not sequence error) :

Disconnect USB cable from Android - you can leave connected to controller.

Power up Android - DO NOT connect cable ... DO NOT start GO. Leave it on 'desktop screen'

Power up controller

Power up P3A / P3P

Let Controller light go GREEN and P3A / P3P stop its camera dance.

NOW plug in USB cable ... Android should then pop up a box asking if you want to use USB ... then will ask if you want to start DJI GO  ... (assuming you have not previously selected always !)

The screen should then go through its pages till it hits the START CAMERA page ... hopefully it should be on P3A for you ... if not then scroll the P3 list below the picture ... see if it accepts P3Advanced ...

Let us know results ...
2019-7-21
Use props
fansf9dd052b
New

Pakistan

EricPabico Posted at 2018-2-15 04:28
Tried all of the suggestions above but still the same problem, any one help?
One more thing, when I turn off the AC it takes long than usual. Also when i tried to connect from gimbal to computer using USB cable, it detects the sd card but after few seconds it disconnects then connects again then disconnect.. which I think not normal.

HI Eric, were you able to solve the issue? I have the exact same problem. Tried everything but still the dji go says its a p3 pro instead of a p3 advanced and also the sd card disconnects in like 10 seconds. Please guide, thank you.
2019-8-18
Use props
fans8064a044
New

Poland

I had the same problem. Taking out broken SD card resolved it.
2020-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules