Questions to GPS/Celluar signal and GS PRO
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KristianCaroe
New
Denmark

Hi

I'm new to DJI Phantom but not to flying drones.
After flying a few times with my DJI Phantom 3 4k I have a coulpe of question, that I can't find any answers to myself.

1. First of all.... a Phantom 3 4k, is that the standard or advanced with 4k camera? (It was a gift so that is why I haven't found out before).
2. On my first flight I used an Ipad Mini without sim card (celluar connection). It worked fine until I tried the "follow me" mode. It said "no GPS" on screen for the Ipad. When I used my Iphone instead the "follow me" mode worked fine. Is it a requirement to have celluar connection to use the "follow me" mode? I have an idea to use this mode a place where there is no celluar connections available.
3. I tried the App DJI GS Pro (ground station pro). I had mapped a route with waypoints and it worked like a charm. So did the "Fence" mode. But that App did not show the camera view. I tried everything (I think ) but it did not show the camera view. If I opened the DJI GO app and hit record and then went back into GS PRO and did som stuff here, and went back again to DJI GO, then it had recoreded everything. But should'nt I be able to see the camera view in DJI GS Pro? (it was just a black little screen).
4. Last but not least. My plan is that sometime in the future I will try to launch the drone from my boat when fishing. The problem is here that the homepoint cannot be where we take off from, because the boat is moving forward. So if I lose signal the drone will fly further away and land on water. I have seen that I can choose "my gps" point as homepoint, but that would be the GPS point for the moment I press that button right? So that will eventually also be somewhere behind the boat or what? Any tips/suggestions for this problem?

I hope some of you experts can help a struggeling man In advance: Thanks

best regards
Kristian - Denmark

2018-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, a Standard with 4K cam.

Yes, only the iPads that are Cellular versions, are with the built in GPS module.
The pleasure of having a Cellulr device, is that you can change your dynamic home point. But of course if the boat is moving, your home point will continue to be behind you as you travel.
But if the boat is stationery, you can change the home point, and then have it land in the boat. Or close, so best always be in Control when landing or hand catching.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules