DJI pilots forced to take knowledge quiz?
2813 21 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

On the Hobby King Web page they are saying this : “As of today, pilots of DJI drones will be forced to take a ‘knowledge quiz’ and pass the test in order to fly their drones.”
I haven’t updated recently nor have I been able to fly due to working 7 days at the moment, anyone know anything about this?  

It goes further to say “In their latest crackdown, the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) has announced that as of today (February 14), pilots of DJI drones will be forced to take a ‘knowledge quiz’ and pass the test in order to fly their drones. It should be noted that this is not the first time the company has used this concept. DJI has already tested this regulation in both the United States and the United Kingdom.”

2018-2-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will take you 2 minutes and TBH if you don’t already know the answers to the test you shouldn’t be flying anything - very basic.
2018-2-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was done a few updates ago.
2018-2-15
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-2-15 03:55
This was done a few updates ago.

It's just been released in Australia. Released in the US & UK a while ago.
2018-2-15
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Australia

Ahh, never seen it before. Bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted though.  As for the test I haven’t seen it yet, but as I am a trainer  for the CASA RePL licenses I don’t think i should have any problems.
2018-2-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SeaComms Posted at 2018-2-15 03:59
Ahh, never seen it before. Bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted though.  As for the test I haven’t seen it yet, but as I am a trainer  for the CASA RePL licenses I don’t think i should have any problems.

It's pretty easy. I did hear you can only fail it a few times before you're locked out. I can't verify that.
2018-2-15
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-2-15 04:22
It's pretty easy. I did hear you can only fail it a few times before you're locked out. I can't verify that.

You can only skip it 4 times too. I was getting worried with mine, as first time I skipped it just to see what the app was like. Second and third times, I got 500 errors from the webpage that backs it! So I only had one try before I assume it wouldnt let me fly. Fortunately I passed! And as others have said, its so simple, if you cant pass then you really shouldnt be flying!
2018-2-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cameleon Posted at 2018-2-15 04:40
You can only skip it 4 times too. I was getting worried with mine, as first time I skipped it just to see what the app was like. Second and third times, I got 500 errors from the webpage that backs it! So I only had one try before I assume it wouldnt let me fly. Fortunately I passed! And as others have said, its so simple, if you cant pass then you really shouldnt be flying!

Totally agree
2018-2-15
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

All common sense questions. But then again commonsense isn’t so common anymore. Lol
2018-2-15
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

sounds reasonable - good luck
2018-2-15
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Another reason I have not done any updates to my AC, or Go4 app, still as it came out of the box
2018-2-15
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Test is real easy. I did have a problem in the beginning. I passed it the first time . On my next flight  it asked me to take it again.  Then on my  next 2 flights it asked me to take the test. Finally it quit asking. I did pass each time taking the test. By now I could pass it in my sleep. All is well and I have had no more problems  since.
2018-2-15
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

I really appreciate DJI for drilling this into users. Too often I met pilots who don’t know the basic safety regulations. Safety is my career, so I get agitated quickly by such ignorance of people using potentially dangerous equipment.  
2018-2-15
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

They are all pretty basic questions that are important to know.
2018-2-15
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I skipped the quiz 4 times before I had to do it in order to get rid of that window. And I've noticed that you have do do the same quiz for every drone you connect to the GO4 app.
2018-2-16
Use props
W.Cordes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138793 ft
United States

My wife passed tonight with out help from me. She just got her Mavic Pro White and is still learning the rules.
2018-2-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is an easy test, but if you fail you truly should not fly a drone.

Seriously
2018-2-16
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was pretty easy.  I didn't even realize it was an actual test.  Just making sure you know the rules.
2018-2-16
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Australia

I definitely agree with it, just had never heard of it down here
2018-2-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got 100% on it several times.
As mentioned before, if you can't pass it, sell your drone.
2018-2-16
Use props
fans9c9b32af
lvl.1
United States

The quiz is utterly useless, especially since it white screens on so many people. I have not even been able to take the quiz due to their error of a web page not being found. So now the quiz pops up almost every time and does not allow you to bypass it or leave it to go fly. You have to reboot your controller and hope it does not come back. The FAA already requires you to get a license and take their quiz so why double down on stupidity. You know you cannot fix stupid. An easier way would be to insert your FAA license number into the app.
2019-2-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans9c9b32af Posted at 2-10 06:12
The quiz is utterly useless, especially since it white screens on so many people. I have not even been able to take the quiz due to their error of a web page not being found. So now the quiz pops up almost every time and does not allow you to bypass it or leave it to go fly. You have to reboot your controller and hope it does not come back. The FAA already requires you to get a license and take their quiz so why double down on stupidity. You know you cannot fix stupid. An easier way would be to insert your FAA license number into the app.

"You know you cannot fix stupid."

A point well emphasised in your post, but it was introduced to cover the 70% of new multirotor buyers who didn't even realise that there are rules and regulations governing their use. And so they were given an introduction to the basics. It only needs to be done once for each machine and that's it.

I'm not aware that the FAA requires a license unless for professional work, that must be new.

Your FAA license number entry would also not work for the other 7.1 billion people on the planet for whom the license is not required.

2019-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules