12Next >
3713 64 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Just happend. My p4 runs away. Batterys nicly charged. 120.4 meter high max flight set. RTH set to start point. Starting good, Hoover time to check, then fly the path. Checking different flight modes. Decide for "s". Had the plan to go on some distance. No wind.  Visible view. Out of sudden " no signal" . No video stream and no reply on remote.itriggert on screen the RTH. Answer..unable to do because no contact.  Second later, after looking the screen for some messages, P4was no more to see. I short the distance on road to last estimated point. No view. Flight whent over water area I run back to start point.because I made the settings to fly home to start point. At that time15 min batterie shut be remained.
She never come back.
But after all the trouble with the firmware.... My unhappiness is limited.
2018-2-15
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Ouch sorry for your loss, if you want people on here to have a look at your flight logs to see if they can decode what happened.then you can follow the instructions on this link and then paste the link back here to th eresults it generates. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-2-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Thank you. I made a quick look on the transmitted flight path. Sort of true is that it says I switched in ATTI. But only for 1 second. It doesn't shows that I switched back to GPS and later to sport.. even only one foolish is transmitted.  No pictures. Anyway I had the control in sport mode until the message popped up lost signal. Have a feeling she was shot down by authorities. If not destroyed in midair, she would return home in time.  Lost signal with more than 2/3 battery. Distance about 700m . High that ghat time 120.  Hight of next building less than 50m.  visual view so a RTH should bring her back. But she was already not more in air.
2018-2-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2018-2-15 06:51
Thank you. I made a quick look on the transmitted flight path. Sort of true is that it says I switched in ATTI. But only for 1 second. It doesn't shows that I switched back to GPS and later to sport.. even only one foolish is transmitted.  No pictures. Anyway I had the control in sport mode until the message popped up lost signal. Have a feeling she was shot down by authorities. If not destroyed in midair, she would return home in time.  Lost signal with more than 2/3 battery. Distance about 700m . High that ghat time 120.  Hight of next building less than 50m.  visual view so a RTH should bring her back. But she was already not more in air.

"Have a feeling she was shot down by authorities."

That sounds a bit severe, if you upload your file to phantom help, then there might be some proof. In most countries it would be illegal to shoot down any aircraft, so you might have grounds to reclaim the cost of your P4.
2018-2-15
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

T-R Posted at 2018-2-15 06:51
Thank you. I made a quick look on the transmitted flight path. Sort of true is that it says I switched in ATTI. But only for 1 second. It doesn't shows that I switched back to GPS and later to sport.. even only one foolish is transmitted.  No pictures. Anyway I had the control in sport mode until the message popped up lost signal. Have a feeling she was shot down by authorities. If not destroyed in midair, she would return home in time.  Lost signal with more than 2/3 battery. Distance about 700m . High that ghat time 120.  Hight of next building less than 50m.  visual view so a RTH should bring her back. But she was already not more in air.

Can you share log with us?
2018-2-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wouldnt the mention of ATTI mode explain it all, i.e. it wouldnt RTH on disconnect in ATTI mode, the op thought he went in to S mode but evidently it was ATTI, im still in the infancy stage of droning, its just bits and bobs picked up so i could be wrong........

Please do share your log so that we can try to ascertain the issue and or estimated landing area (long shot)?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, we can actually create a case for you to review the flight record. When did you purchase your Phantom 4?
2018-2-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-15 08:52
"Have a feeling she was shot down by authorities."

That sounds a bit severe, if you upload your file to phantom help, then there might be some proof. In most countries it would be illegal to shoot down any aircraft, so you might have grounds to reclaim the cost of your P4.

Buddy..i live in China.
2018-2-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-15 21:26
Hi, we can actually create a case for you to review the flight record. When did you purchase your Phantom 4?

I bought it about 20 month ago..about
2018-2-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-15 21:13
Wouldnt the mention of ATTI mode explain it all, i.e. it wouldnt RTH on disconnect in ATTI mode, the op thought he went in to S mode but evidently it was ATTI, im still in the infancy stage of droning, its just bits and bobs picked up so i could be wrong........

Please do share your log so that we can try to ascertain the issue and or estimated landing area (long shot)?

Sir. I can't understand your English. Can you say it on a way that a non-native-English can understand?
2018-2-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Wouldnt the mention of ATTI mode explain it all, i.e. it wouldnt RTH on disconnect in ATTI mode, the op thought he went in to S mode but evidently it was ATTI, im still in the infancy stage of droning, its just bits and bobs picked up so i could be wrong........

Can't open the link.  My location is china.  ReCapitcha dose not work here because the big firewall do not let Google in. Some good ideas?
2018-2-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Even hard to upload something here, because Google, Google services and so on , is not supported, or better, mot working
2018-2-16
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

The instructions to find the files are incomplet. I have an android 7.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 9,7.
There are 3 dji related files:
dji.go.v4---asdklog_a
                   asdklog_s
dji.pilot---asdklog_a
                   asdklog_s
DJI----assistant
          dji.go.v4
          dji.pilot
          SDK_logs
          unmannedairlines.dronepan

So you can see, the file structure is different than in the instructions do find- and upload.  Where I have to go and whatnot have to find?  May this is helpfully to update the instructions.

2018-2-16
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

What means:
"For Android devices:
Connect your device to a computer via a USB cable and go to "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord" (for DJI GO 3) or "DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord" (for DJI GO 4). WHAT divide to what computer? The drone is GONE. Nothing to plug in

Note: If you're using Litchi, you'll find the logs in the "LitchiApp/flightlogs" folder.

Note: If the log files are not visible, then install and run SD Refresh or restart your mobile device."

Can some one describe "things" with a name? "Device"?.can be a lamp, a shaker or the drone. So what is it
2018-2-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Wouldnt the mention of ATTI mode explain it all, i.e. it wouldnt RTH on disconnect in ATTI mode, the op thought he went in to S mode but evidently it was ATTI, im still in the infancy stage of droning, its just bits and bobs picked up so i could be wrong........

RTH works fine in ATTI mode, as long as there is a GPS signal, if you loose GPS then RTH can't work since it doesn't know where it is.
2018-2-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2018-2-16 00:58
What means:
"For Android devices:
Connect your device to a computer via a USB cable and go to "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord" (for DJI GO 3) or "DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord" (for DJI GO 4). WHAT divide to what computer? The drone is GONE. Nothing to plug in

"Can some one describe "things" with a name? "Device"?.can be a lamp, a shaker or the drone. So what is it"

There is a log file stored on your phone, or tablet.  (your mobile device)

People call it a "device" because they don't know if you use your phone or you use a tablet, or if you use the P4P+ with integrated screen, and they don't know if it is Android or IOS.
2018-2-16
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-16 02:25
RTH works fine in ATTI mode, as long as there is a GPS signal, if you loose GPS then RTH can't work since it doesn't know where it is.

Thank you. That is my experience too.  I try to upload my data.. But no one is answering about the how.  Do you have any idea to my questions?
2018-2-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

T-R Posted at 2018-2-16 00:58
What means:
"For Android devices:

WHAT divide to what computer? The drone is GONE. Nothing to plug in
The device is your phone or tablet.
Plug that into your computer and find the .txt file for the flight.
You upload the .txt file to Phantomhelp.com.
It gives you a detailed report and you post a link to that report here if you want help from experienced flyers.
2018-2-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-16 02:25

cheers Nigel, i wasnt 100%, least i know How does it work then, does it then take it out of atti mode?
2018-2-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-16 03:51
cheers Nigel, i wasnt 100%, least i know  How does it work then, does it then take it out of atti mode?

• RTH mode is a separate mode.
  • When you enter RTH mode, you always leave whatever mode you were in before.
  • When you leave RTH mode, you always go to whatever mode is indicated by the mode switch, even if you entered RTH from something like Active Track mode.
  • You can only enter RTH mode if GPS is available and if you loose GPS then it will always enter the only mode available - Atti mode.
  • You can always enter RTH mode if GPS is available.
2018-2-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah OK, i got you, thanks, I didn't realise that, is it then possible that he also disengaged rth thus causing the fly away? We really need to see the data....
2018-2-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-16 04:55
Ah OK, i got you, thanks, I didn't realise that, is it then possible that he also disengaged rth thus causing the fly away? We really need to see the data....

Yes, that is possible.

If you loose contact then it is best not to press RTH since it may pick up the button press after it has started home and the button then cancels RTH, just because you can't hear the aircraft doesn't mean that the aircraft can't hear you.   If you are not sure of the state then power the controller off, then contact will definitely be lost and the aircraft will definitely set off home.

I don't think this is what happened here, more likely there was a fault, or it crashed.  Flying out of sight with your only view being through a forward looking camera and no audio is always risky, maybe an aeroplane came up behind?  If you choose to take those risks then it would be wise to get insurance, although if you are in the UK then it is illegal so the insurance shouldn't pay out anyway!
2018-2-16
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-16 06:13
Yes, that is possible.

If you loose contact then it is best not to press RTH since it may pick up the button press after it has started home and the button then cancels RTH, just because you can't hear the aircraft doesn't mean that the aircraft can't hear you.   If you are not sure of the state then power the controller off, then contact will definitely be lost and the aircraft will definitely set off home.

Hi Nigel.
I flew in the sight of view. 980m away. Clearly could see red and green lamps. But then , out of sudden gone. After lost signal, I wait for 2 minutes to see or hear the sights of that drone. Then I used the screen to trigger RTH with response that RTH can't be transmitted by lost of signal.soni switched the controller off. I even restart the app. Drone did not appears.

Upload issues:
I work in China. There is no service of Google working. So I call the website to upload th txt, the ReCapitcha pictures are not working,  because based on Google. Maybe someone can think about this.
My "divice"  (thank you all for the explanation) has LET and WIFI, so I be able to enter the internet. But this android has no Google in as well.  So no ReCapitcha neither the button for "search"is working.
BTW, I can't even upload pictures here in the forum or can see any videos. It is blocked by Authorities.
I really be curios what's happen to the toy and like to analyze the files. I found 4 txt of that timecode. 3x they are made by pre-flight preparation, one the flight.
So if someone has an idea how to upload this from my side, thx.  I wish the programmers of websites take notice of this issues, because there is a world of user without JavaScript and Google services. (Its the future)
Thank you all for help and reply. Happy New Lunar Year.

The only way to go around would be to install on my windows system a VPN.  But.....it is impossible to download it from the inside of china.  If someone has a clean,  freeware VPN for windows and can send by email, plz send PM

2018-2-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

T-R Posted at 2018-2-16 18:53
Hi Nigel.
I flew in the sight of view. 980m away. Clearly could see red and green lamps. But then , out of sudden gone. After lost signal, I wait for 2 minutes to see or hear the sights of that drone. Then I used the screen to trigger RTH with response that RTH can't be transmitted by lost of signal.soni switched the controller off. I even restart the app. Drone did not appears.

If you can upload the relevant txt file to dropbox (or similar), someone here can upload it to Phantomhelp.com and posy a link.
Without seeing the flight data, it is very difficult to determine the cause of your incident.
But it's unlikely that your Phantom flew away.
I've seen hundreds of similar cases and the data shows pretty clearly that pilot disorientation and confusion is very common and Phantoms flying away is almost a myth.
2018-2-16
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-16 20:24
If you can upload the relevant txt file to dropbox (or similar), someone here can upload it to Phantomhelp.com and posy a link.
Without seeing the flight data, it is very difficult to determine the cause of your incident.
But it's unlikely that your Phantom flew away.

Thanks. LABROIDS.
Dropbox is not connectable from China. you should know that. Same as YouTube and so on.

I fly dji drones sins they on the market. Have at home 4 phantoms, inspire and M600.  DESORIANTION?  I can find that quite often in the firmware of DJI. But I am a real Captain in live, sins> 30 Years, sir. If I am one time disoriented I looks my license as a captain. Ok, Sir?You said  "I have seen hundrets of this data like that..."  so you managed to look on my already...(like that)  ?
Good you made your opinion and judement, even bevore i upload something. I really apreciate your .... help. My confidence in thier baised judgment of those privat files is well-defined.
May i check the files just for myself or share on request with people here wbo give me a bit more confidence.  
If DJI like to open a case, good, please DJI PM me.
So far there is non constructive help how to upload files from China.

2018-2-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

T-R Posted at 2018-2-16 21:00
Thanks. LABROIDS.
Dropbox is not connectable from China. you should know that. Same as YouTube and so on.

Dropbox is not connectable from China. you should know that.
Should I?  And I should know everything that is/isn't possible from China?
You have an unrealistic attitude.
I said Dropbox or similar.
You're the one in China, with all the knowledge of what you can do.  
You find a way to upload your .txt file if you want help.
You said  "I have seen hundrets of this data like that..."  so you managed to look on my already...(like that)  ?
Of course I haven't seen your data, and I can't work out what you think happened to your drone due to your confusion and language troubles.
May i check the files just for myself or share on request with people here wbo give me a bit more confidence.  
You don't realise it but I'm your best hope.
If DJI like to open a case, good, please DJI PM me.
Good luck getting any help from DJI - you'll still be waiting in a week.
So far there is non constructive help how to upload files from China.
So far, you've been very unhelpful to people trying to help you.
If you can find a way to get the .txt file so people will help you, I'll analyse it and see what it says.
2018-2-16
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-16 21:16
Dropbox is not connectable from China. you should know that.
Should I?  And I should know everything that is/isn't possible from China?
You have an unrealistic attitude.

Haha.  Thank you the answer. It's shows / explain why I'm not unhappy to loose this toy.   "Hope"  is a thing I gave up long time ago on DJI.  There was a hope for a firmware free of bugs.
Your words that I have to wait a week to get an answer of DJI, shows how this company threats clients. The log files will mot tell if there was a mid-flight-shut-down caused by hardware/software. It will not show if there is an option to do this through external influence. I am in China, DJI is Chinese. I am pretty sure that they do cooperate with The government just to get the permission to do business. It is commonly here.
Hope.. for what. Finding it? I'm not at all interested on the remains. It was anyway water 120m below.
Hope belongs to churches, ànd they are the reasons of wars. I do not fly with hope, I'm a captain, sir.
BTW: you forgot to tell why you are my only hope, you did not introduce yourselves.  It would be, at least friendly to do so, and helpfully for people who has no Faith in this DJI.

" hope is the list thing that dies"

2018-2-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

T-R Posted at 2018-2-16 22:17
Haha.  Thank you the answer. It's shows / explain why I'm not unhappy to loose this toy.   "Hope"  is a thing I gave up long time ago on DJI.  There was a hope for a firmware free of bugs.
Your words that I have to wait a week to get an answer of DJI, shows how this company threats clients. The log files will mot tell if there was a mid-flight-shut-down caused by hardware/software. It will not show if there is an option to do this through external influence. I am in China, DJI is Chinese. I am pretty sure that they do cooperate with The government just to get the permission to do business. It is commonly here.
Hope.. for what. Finding it? I'm not at all interested on the remains. It was anyway water 120m below.

You have no idea.
That you lost your Phantom tells me that you have little experience.
That you don't understand why you lost the Phantom tells me more of the same.
That you think your Phantom "flew away" tells me even more about your limited experience.
The cause is most likely your own lack of experience, but without data we can't be sure if you had an uncommon genuine malfunction.

I could have helped you find the cause of the incident and possibly point to where the Phantom ended up.
I tried to help but you have a bad attitude.
No-one can help you unless you find a way to share the flight data.
Good-bye
2018-2-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

T-R Posted at 2018-2-16 22:17

Your words that I have to wait a week to get an answer of DJI, shows how this company threats clients.
If you want technical help from  DJI, you get that from their on-line support, not this forum.
2018-2-16
Use props
jsydanma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 732736 ft
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-16 22:35
Your words that I have to wait a week to get an answer of DJI, shows how this company threats clients.
If you want technical help from  DJI, you get that from their on-line support, not this forum.

The .txt file probably isn't very big? So, maybe the OP could just paste it here and someone else could upload it to Phantomhelp...?
2018-2-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

jsydanma Posted at 2018-2-16 23:14
The .txt file probably isn't very big? So, maybe the OP could just paste it here and someone else could upload it to Phantomhelp...?

It's a very small file but T-R doesn't seem to want help anyway.
2018-2-17
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-17 01:51
It's a very small file but T-R doesn't seem to want help anyway.

Labret,
You have no permission to talk in my name, do you clearly understand this?  Seems like you need straight words .
If you would take the same effort to read all, words carefully, you find my one, where I said, I can't upload here by restrictions of china. Damm.
Instead you just thake some words appart and even start to insult people here. What you think what you are?

I official call an administrator to give LabRAT a waring.  I will be in two days close by the head office of I in China and will bring this attitude  to them. That's the good if u life in China.

To all other  : I apreciate your helpful words and efforts. That was the reason I was writing here at all.
2018-2-17
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2018-2-17 21:09
Labret,
You have no permission to talk in my name, do you clearly understand this?  Seems like you need straight words .
If you would take the same effort to read all, words carefully, you find my one, where I said, I can't upload here by restrictions of china. Damm.

You say you want help understanding what happened but you still haven’t uploaded the flight log in question, I understand you live in China but even a quick search reveals a number of Dropbox alternatives available where you could have uploaded your flight log.
One of the big things to stop this ever happening again would be to understand what happened in the first place.
2018-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

T-R Posted at 2018-2-17 21:09
Labret,
If you would take the same effort to read all, words carefully, you find my one, where I said, I can't upload here by restrictions of china. Damm.

What a complete tosser you are.

You ask for help and get abusive to the person who tries to help you.
I don't care if you do share your data.
I'm not going to do anything to help such an ignorant pig
2018-2-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

@Lab-Rat
PlPlease ead my threat. You comments are improper and already reported to DJI . You are speaking only for an sick person as you are, not for this famous company DJI. Please, go away Caveman.
2018-2-18
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

TR 。。。 将您的飞行TXT给DJI 深圳总部吧,让他们看看吧或刷新您的APP的飞行航程也行的。

如需再需要更一步了解的话,我会一一解释。
2018-2-18
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord

这是藏在您电话APP内的文件夹,DJI(文件夹) 内有,dji.go.v4 再来 的就是FlightRecord 。。。找出内有的最新飞行记录TXT文件。 ( 每次飞行时都会收集飞行数据的)

那文件打开了也没法阅读的,但大疆内部的员工都有解码而可阅读的。。或上载那TXT文件到(http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ )
2018-2-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Siambuddhas Group Posted at 2018-2-18 08:32

这是藏在您电话APP内的文件夹,DJI(文件夹) 内有,dji.go.v4 再来 的就是FlightRecord 。。。找出内有的最新飞行记录TXT文件。 ( 每次飞行时都会收集飞行数据的)

谢谢老板。我喜欢和领导沟通。人们在论坛上不礼貌。将通过txt上传的链接发送privat消息。谢谢你的帮助。
2018-2-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Siambuddhas Group Posted at 2018-2-18 08:32

你好领导。你收到链接了吗?我看不出有什么异常。你有迷路的主意吗?

2018-2-18
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

@AlanHd

With the help of Mike, phantomhelp, (many thanks Mike! ) I did received the decoded informations.

Because off some "special" members here, I decide to made the investigation with the guys from the head office in China, as you can see below.  It's a pitty I can't share here,  and many unfair against all the honestly people, but 'Gentleman'like Labroids want this forum for them selfe. But there is always someone out who really like to help.
Anyway, the log do not show any abnormal in voltage or flypath. No warnings, no nothing. It stops in sudden exactly where I lost visible view. No recordings of decenting or any abnormal readings.  The whole log has only one message: max altitude reached. I set that on 120m by local regulations..
If someone is curios, send me a PM. I will provide a picture of the last lines of the excel data sheet. May more, depending... Thanks Labroids (Lab-rat better) and the no-actions of the Administration of this board,  my confidence here is limited.
2018-2-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules