Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What Android device did you use to fly your P3? [Confirmed Devices LIST]
1234Next >
16087 139 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

Hey!

Since that by now Android devices are supported, I would like to know which mobile/tablet devices are 100% confirmed to work with DJI Phanthom 3.

Please write the exact model and device you used! and what P3 do you have (Adv/Pro)

I'm sure it will help for all the DJI customers who can't wait for the IOS release (like me!). as was stupid enough to run and buy an android device that doesn't work with it.

I can confirm that I tested it with Samsung Galaxy 4s & 5s and it worked great.

P.S
I can also confirm that LG GPAD 7 v400 DOES NOT WORK WITH P3.

2015-4-30
Use props
jct.jerrett
lvl.1
United States

Works fine with the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6.
2015-4-30
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

jct.jerrett@gma Posted at 2015-5-1 01:08
Works fine with the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6.

Thanks,

Guys keep sharing regarding your devices
2015-4-30
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Anyone wanna confirm if a galaxy tab 3 is working?  
2015-4-30
Use props
mturner
New

United States

Can confirm that the Samsung Note 3 works just fine!
2015-4-30
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally think the best Android for the P3 is the Nvidia Shield. Just got my P3 Pro tonight and it all syncs up with the P3. It didn't let me register at first so I deleted the app and reinstalled and it works great. And so many user setting that you can adjust, it's great.
Didn't get to fly yet cause it's so late but it's all easy to go in the morning.
I used to fly my Vision+ with my Note2 and the Shield is way better with having a way larger screen.
2015-4-30
Use props
fda483
Flight distance : 196654 ft
United States

I can NOT seem to get a Tab 4 to work. It will connect via the app but no video to the device. Hope it's compatibility and not a bum camara or Lightbridge. Anyone else try a Tab 4?
2015-5-1
Use props
johnlega
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Confirmed Motorola DROID Maxx  works.
2015-5-1
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.4

United Kingdom

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-1 15:19
I personally think the best Android for the P3 is the Nvidia Shield. Just got my P3 Pro tonight and  ...

Nice full UHD screen and great graphics.  Anybody tried a Nvidia Shield with the P3 as yet? Nvidia Shield  has GPS too correct???  Thanks in advance.

**EDIT** found it in the spec... so it does...
  •               Location support              GPS (A-GPS)

Also; I am guessing that you could add an external display as it has:

Other features        
  •               TV out              HDMI Mini

So you could if you wanted plug in a screen or glasses.... probably

2015-5-1
Use props
scrub
lvl.1

Austria

Nexus 4 works (running Lollipop 5.1).
2015-5-1
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-1 18:27
Confirmed Motorola DROID Maxx  works.

Thanks for sharing
2015-5-1
Use props
spencerpearse
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Just got my delivery today. I have the Galaxy S4 with extended battery by Anker.  It does not fit the holder.  But thanks for letting us know the S4 will work (once I change back to the standard battery).  I was a bit worried that I'd have to spend more money on yet another smart device.
2015-5-1
Use props
davemex
lvl.1

United States

Working well on Oneplus One phone running lollipop (CM 5.0). Used both 1.0.10 app and 1.1.0.
2015-5-1
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

davemex Posted at 2015-5-1 20:58
Working well on Oneplus One phone running lollipop (CM 5.0). Used both 1.0.10 app and 1.1.0.

1.1.0 ? there is dji pilot app 1.1.0? where do you get it?
2015-5-1
Use props
davemex
lvl.1

United States

Tomer Posted at 2015-5-1 21:17
1.1.0 ? there is dji pilot app 1.1.0? where do you get it?

It is now posted on the P3 product downloads page but has not yet popped up in the play store. You can download and install it manually though!
Edit: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
2015-5-1
Use props
fda483
Flight distance : 196654 ft
United States

fda483@aol.com Posted at 2015-5-1 17:02
I can NOT seem to get a Tab 4 to work. It will connect via the app but no video to the device. Hope  ...

Update - Downloaded "today's" version of the app and the Tab 4 works. Have not put it up in the air yet but have video and control.
2015-5-1
Use props
Kent
New

Germany

scrub Posted at 2015-5-1 19:57
Nexus 4 works (running Lollipop 5.1).

Thanks for the info. Does the video streaming work fluently with no stoping in between?
2015-5-1
Use props
justinschilling
lvl.1

United States

Nvidia Shield works great.  It's made for gaming, so running the Pilot App is child's play.

It has many useful  features, like a mini hdmi out, Full HD resolution, and easy screen recording.  Also, it isn't preloaded with a lot of near useless annoying apps, and comes with Lollipop 5.0.1 out of the box now.  It has a nice size screen that is perfect for P3.  

I received mine from Amazon today, and so far it works flawless with the new version of the app(1.1.0, i believe).

It also come with a stylus, if you are into that kind of thing.
2015-5-1
Use props
p-swieconek
New

United States

justinschilling Posted at 2015-5-2 13:55
Nvidia Shield works great.  It's made for gaming, so running the Pilot App is child's play.

It has ...

Yes, The Shield is my android of choice for DJI pilot. I've been flying it with the Inspire, and only had to load the latest version for the P3. Haven't played with cam, but tight hover in my living room with GPS lock is sweet - not possible with Inspire - yet. P3 is looking good - don't sweat the delay with iOS , it will be available soon - it is identical issue DJI had with Inspire iOS. Vertical stabilization is a bit touchy, but understandable given weight of p3. I modified my P2 with GS and IOSD, and it behaves a lot like P3. Will be playing with gain to try to give it a bit more climb bias. OOTB it tends to sink slightly, which is what you would expect for safety considerations. All in all pretty much plug and play OOTB if you have a qualified androids device - or a Shield
2015-5-1
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.4

United Kingdom

p-swieconek@com Posted at 2015-5-2 15:58
Yes, The Shield is my android of choice for DJI pilot. I've been flying it with the Inspire, and o ...

At Last!! Some really sensible forum content - Thank You!  

I was beginning to worry this place was full of impatient petulant kids but no... this advice is great, thanks again. :-)
2015-5-2
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.4

United Kingdom

justinschilling Posted at 2015-5-2 13:55

It has ...

Ohhh screen recording I hadn't thought of that.  Nice.  I guess you can capture the screen to the Shield's SD storage too which would be great for tutorials. Great that I know it runs well - thanks! :-)
2015-5-2
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.3

United States

thinking about getting a shield. I do have a tab pro 8.4 but the shield looks very promising
2015-5-2
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am running with a TESCO HUDL2 and its working an absolute treat, no problems whatsoever

I sourced the HUDL today whilst waiting for IOS but will probably simply stay on Android

I have to say the P3 is an awesome piece of Kit, I have never handled a drone before but this thing is amazingly easy to pilot and the filmed footage is incredible
2015-5-2
Use props
nurimanizam
lvl.1

Singapore

Confirmed working on my LG G3 if anyone's wondering.
2015-5-2
Use props
Ecklund1
lvl.1

United States

Motorola Moto g works great with v1.1.0
2015-5-2
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Edit to my above post that the Nvidia Shield works great. After playing with the P3 Pro the app keeps disconnecting the. Reconnecting. It will do it several times then it stays disconnected. I cannot get it back up by closing and reopening. I have to fly back and power down the quad, and Transmitter, then restart the app and it will then work but only for a few minutes then it starts disconnecting again.
Hopefully it's just my Shield that has a problem, I'll delete the app and reinstall to see if it helps.
2015-5-2
Use props
harvey
lvl.1

United States

Works perfect on my LG Nexus 5
2015-5-2
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-2 22:54
Edit to my above post that the Nvidia Shield works great. After playing with the P3 Pro the app keep ...

Please keep us updated
2015-5-2
Use props
edds
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Anyone tried using the app on a windows tablet via bluestacks?
2015-5-2
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.4

United Kingdom

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-2 22:54
Edit to my above post that the Nvidia Shield works great. After playing with the P3 Pro the app keep ...

Maybe try another device to be sure. Also try a different cable perhaps.

There was a USB debugging setting too. Did you set that?  Message on install I recall.
2015-5-2
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-3 01:21

There was a USB debuggi ...

Yes, debugging was set. I tried the cable from my Samsung S4 and it still disconnected but it took about 5 minutes this time. I'll try my S4 later when I charge the battery again and see if that solves it.
2015-5-2
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

2013 Nexus 7 does not install from Google play; states that the device is not supported w/no download option.   Had to install it manually from DJI downloads http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download   Don't know if it actually works, as I dont have my P3P yet.
2015-5-2
Use props
ksdigitaldavid
New

United States

Anyone gotten their Galaxy note 4 to work? I tried and it didn't see the p3 when registering. I have a galaxy tab 3 I will try next.
2015-5-2
Use props
gregklawrence
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

nurimanizam Posted at 2015-5-2 21:58
Confirmed working on my LG G3 if anyone's wondering.

I'm wondering how you did it. I can't get my G3 to connect. I connected with a Samsung S5 and it worked great. Thanks.
2015-5-2
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it works fine, but I ordered a 2013 Nexus 7 which seems to be one of the tested devices.  But just now someone said you can't download the app from google play with the Nexus 7.

I hope I didn't order the wrong mini tablet.  I ordered the google Nexus 7 (2013) expressly because the Google Nexus 7 II is listed as a compatible device, and the second version of the nexus is the 2013 model with the qualcomm CPU and 1900x1200 display.

How can they list it as a confirmed compatibile device if you can't even download the app from the play store?  Is it possible you have to update the android version on the Nexus 7 pad first in order to get it to let you download the app from the play store?

-Roger Uzun
2015-5-2
Use props
Boogieman
First Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone tried a Galaxy Tab S?
2015-5-2
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Brazil

rogeruzun@gmail Posted at 2015-5-3 09:52
I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it works fine, but I ordered a 2013 Nexus 7 which seems ...

You can download it directly from DJI website http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
2015-5-2
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jon.jongodfrey Posted at 2015-5-3 01:21

There was a USB debuggi ...

done everything and was still disconnecting after a few minutes. I changed the video back to 4k from 1080 and I got a 9 minute flight in without it disconnecting. I definitely think it's the Shield and not the P3.
We'll see if it stays connected on my next flight in a park.
2015-5-2
Use props
coreynach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

Ecklund1 Posted at 2015-5-2 22:10
Motorola Moto g works great with v1.1.0

I can confirm a Moto G works, but I would not say great. I've never flown Light Bridge (until now) but the video feed jittered a lot during flight, not just during yaw, but for normal forward flight. I know Light Bridge has a bit of lag, but this had a whole lot more jitter/lag than I expected (despite the reading saying I had strong video feed signal)... I am currently assuming it's NOT some issue with Light Bridge, but is actually that the Moto G is not powerful enough to keep up with the HD stream?

What was your experience with the Moto G as far as smooth video?

Anyways, I just wanted to confirm that I too got the Moto G to work, but I'm not sure if it should be recommended as I feel it's performance was bad. I guess I won't know for sure until I have my ipad air working (ios app soon I hope). If it jitters too, I know it's Light Bridge, not the phone...
2015-5-2
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.4

United Kingdom

jasper7821@yaho Posted at 2015-5-3 14:56
done everything and was still disconnecting after a few minutes. I changed the video back to 4k fr ...

Best try another device to be sure.
2015-5-3
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules