Smart Phone Screen Issue
601 2 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rfNsvkqj8t76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1526 ft

United Kingdom

I have recently purchased a preowned drone and took it out for its first flight today on return looking at the video I felt i needed to reset some of the camera settings. During the camera set up process I noticed  on screen interferance on the smart phone which was intermittent each interferance lasted for about one second and and recyclled every 5 to 10 seconds on the smart phone screen. Taking further video while the above was active showed that the interferance was only on the phone screen and not on the actual saved video on the SD Card.

In an attempt to eliminate te phone I then set up another smart phone to the drone controller and experienced a similar effect but less interferance than on the original phone.

Has anyone any ideas as to the cause?

Noise band on Smart phone screen

Noise band on Smart phone screen
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi! Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your unit.
Can you please provide us which phone you have used with your drone.
Looking at the picture you have provided above, it looks like that you are surrounded with several appliance that may affect the transmission interference.
Please try and setup outside and confirm if you are experiencing it even on the outside.
Thank you for your support.
2018-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Go outside, some distance away from the house and test it. You are most likely getting radio interference from a source inside the house. The Phantoms use unregulated radio bands, and there are literally thousands of devices transmitting on exactly the same radio frequencies.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules