MAVIC AIR - Won't Connect RC to Device
3554 10 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jtrapha
lvl.1
Vietnam

Similar to multiple other posts I have tried multiple ways to connect my Mavic Air to the RC. I have scoured youtube and forums to try and figure this out and have come up empty handed. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I had purchased this drone for a trip and had made sure it was fine with even a successful test run. But ever since the first flight this thing has been broken. I would like to see a response from DJI in regards to addressing this issue rather than just a link to a video we have all tried and looked at.
I have tried:
  • Connecting through the app wired connection
  • Connectring through the camera mode
  • Connecting with the pause+fn+custom button.
  • I have tried downgrading the software
  • I have tried using a cable through the usb
  • I have tried multiple devices
  • I have tried to factory reset on the air but the RC wont let me do a factory reset.

The only thing I haven't tried at this point is throwing it through the window to get it to fly. If anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it?
2018-2-15
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

What devices you have tried? Is the problem between air and rc or between rc and devices?
2018-2-15
Use props
jtrapha
lvl.1
Vietnam

I have tried two different IPhone 6s Plus , IPad mini, And another IPhone 6. Problem is between air and RC. The device show as connected on the app with the RC but the air continues to just blink yellow and never link no matter what I seem to do.
2018-2-15
Use props
fans24dcb42d
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hi, I have the exact same issue. How did you solve it?
2018-2-25
Use props
jtrapha
lvl.1
Vietnam

I exchanged it for another one. I couldn't get any help from DJI. I think its a firmware issue. I just wont be taking my new one off the RC until they fix the linking issue. The shop owner even tried to link it to his phone and then relink it back with his Mavic Air and it did the same thing.
2018-2-25
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Fiji

I have the same issue and I'm traveling without my computer, so no DJI assistant available. Any fixes?! This is so frustrating!!! Unbelievable how they can let such a huge bug slip through!! Very disappointed DJI.
2018-2-28
Use props
HARIPRASAD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5374 ft
United Arab Emirates

jtrapha Posted at 2018-2-25 23:32
I exchanged it for another one. I couldn't get any help from DJI. I think its a firmware issue. I just wont be taking my new one off the RC until they fix the linking issue. The shop owner even tried to link it to his phone and then relink it back with his Mavic Air and it did the same thing.

hey, You got any firmware update ? mine is juz 2 days only. but i accidetally connected it to WIFI and now i cannot use my RC with Mavic Air. m also waiting for a new firmware from DJI.
2018-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you tried completely deleting the app and reinstalling.
2018-3-18
Use props
it-zone
New
Flight distance : 9603 ft
Vietnam

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-18 13:05
Have you tried completely deleting the app and reinstalling.

I am also unable to link RC to Mavic with a freshly bought phone. It's disaster!!!!

It was working before on an old phone without issues, just few weeks ago!!
2018-3-19
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

dorius_23 Posted at 2018-2-28 18:30
I have the same issue and I'm traveling without my computer, so no DJI assistant available. Any fixes?! This is so frustrating!!! Unbelievable how they can let such a huge bug slip through!! Very disappointed DJI.

Was it working before you traveled?
2018-3-19
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Indonesia

Griffith Posted at 2018-3-19 05:00
Was it working before you traveled?

It stopped working after I tried the wifi mode.. but removing the battery and reinstalling dji go did the job...
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules