Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I sell my MP and buy MA? Help me decide.
12Next >
2957 57 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Single SelectVote, Total 132 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

13.64% (18)
60.61% (80)
25.76% (34)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-2-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I say yes simply because MavAir has all the new technology, lacking a few things but in way inferior to Mavic , I also think Mavic Pro 11 will be out sometime this year and the Mavic Pro will feel somewhat dated and maybe difficult to sell on.
2018-2-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ehhh,  I don’t know.  The camera is better, and for a WiFi drone this thing kills range, but I wouldn’t sell either for the other.  Both awesome drones.  The Mavic is a long distance OG.  It has its special place in quad history.  
2018-2-15
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

I'm missing the option 'sell the MP and buy an Inspire 2'

That would suit your needs perfectly
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I find it difficult for me to vote because I have not owned a Mavic Pro. But anticipating that something new would come I had refrained from buying one during the Christmas sales. When then the Mavic Air was launched it was obvious for me that it would meet all my upgrade requirements for quite a while at a still reasonable rate. I have no doubt that a new version of the Pro will be great as well, but also more than I need for the time being and also more expensive than what I want to invest.
2018-2-15
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-15 09:27
I find it difficult for me to vote because I have not owned a Mavic Pro. But anticipating that something new would come I had refrained from buying one during the Christmas sales. When then the Mavic Air was launched it was obvious for me that it would meet all my upgrade requirements for quite a while at a still reasonable rate. I have no doubt that a new version of the Pro will be great as well, but also more than I need for the time being and also more expensive than what I want to invest.

I hear ya. I also have a spark so I am really contemplating if I should sell both and the proceeds should be enough to get an Air. I really enjoy my MP but missing that backward sensor irritates me and some missing features like the asteroid, circle. If only they can add those features, I'd keep both.
2018-2-15
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-15 09:24
I'm missing the option 'sell the MP and buy an Inspire 2'

That would suit your needs perfectly

Haha! Thanks for your input. I love the portability of these drones.
2018-2-15
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-15 09:23
Ehhh,  I don’t know.  The camera is better, and for a WiFi drone this thing kills range, but I wouldn’t sell either for the other.  Both awesome drones.  The Mavic is a long distance OG.  It has its special place in quad history.

I guess you are right. I am not really rushing. I enjoy my MP and I also have a spark. Its just annoying how some features  in Air is missing when MP is so capable of those features.
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-2-15 09:39
I hear ya. I also have a spark so I am really contemplating if I should sell both and the proceeds should be enough to get an Air. I really enjoy my MP but missing that backward sensor irritates me and some missing features like the asteroid, circle. If only they can add those features, I'd keep both.

I shall definitely try to sell my Spark now. The MA is such a tremendous upgrade in comparison that I won't need anything else for quite a while I believe.
2018-2-15
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

I’d sell anything recoding 4K with less than 100mbit data rate.
2018-2-15
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-2-15 09:39
Haha! Thanks for your input. I love the portability of these drones.

Yeah, sorry for the sarcasm, you didn't give much to go by.
With no input on what is important to you, there is not so much advise to be given.
Basically you could get a million answers to the question 'would you sell...' instead of 'should I sell...'

2018-2-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think both are great drones.
The Pro has more flight modes (home lock, course lock) and better flight time.
The Air has higher bitrate and the gimbal seems more durable.
Not sure which one has the better camera system, I have not watched in depth comparisons about that.
2018-2-15
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Both great drones but for me wifi doesn't even compare to ocusynk for connection reliability and distance.  Just my opinion, many probably will not agree
2018-2-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, but if I were you I would sell the Spark and buy the MA and keep the MP. OcuSync is too amazing to trade in.
2018-2-15
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

The Mavic  Air is an enhancement in some areas and not a big enough step change over the Mavic Pro to motivate me to purchase. I hope the Mavic Pro 2 will include the best of both Mavic Air and MP features in addition to an improved camera.  
2018-2-15
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-15 14:23
No, but if I were you I would sell the Spark and buy the MA and keep the MP. OcuSync is too amazing to trade in.

I was thinking of that.
2018-2-15
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

I'd sell it for the upcoming Mavic Pro 2, because I'm sure you'll see that and wonder why you have the Air if you did go that route.
2018-2-15
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

I own the Spark and MP. Don't own a MA. MP with the Ocusync is amazing where you are able to fly mile(s) away. The Spark use Wi-Fi and I often get RC disconnection within a mile distance. Don't get me wrong, I love the Spark as well for the size, palm launch and for a quick shoot and is very handy.
I believe The MA is also Wi-Fi. In my opinion the MA is good for the rear sensor.
2018-2-15
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

You can sell the spark to upgrade to the MA . While I think that the MA has the edge on the MP only on the camera.I would keep my MP for the range, connection reliability and flight time.
2018-2-15
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

If you'r going to  own 1 drone, than it seems that the mavic air is the most versatile drone available, it is small but not the smallest, its got good options, good range, good camera. It stands in between the phantom and smaller drones (mavic air, spark).

If however you want more than one drone, it wouldn't make sense to own the mavic air and the phantom, because the phantom outperforms (the mavic pro) in most aspect and the spark / mavic air are smaller and could do a quick job by being portable..
2018-2-16
Use props
lifedownunder
lvl.2
Australia

Why not sell and go for a Phantom?

Alternatively, wait for the Mavic Pro 2 that will be out soon

https://youtu.be/veKuFFzcZvM
2018-2-16
Use props
the0bone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11896 ft
Germany

That nobody can answer for you. Because the use case is for everybody different.
I did not go for the MP since years. Always watched the movies and where impressed. But for me to large to travel!
I did not go for the spark because of missing 4k and 2way gimbal.
The MA is 100% what I like to have!

And you have to ask your self:
Did you ever reached a limitation with the MP?
If, would the MA have it as well or would have been worked with it?
Do you need higher flight distance?
Do need this minutes longer flight time?

bitrate is nice - but would not be a selling point to me. Because if you need better footage, go with the professional versions with better sensor.
2018-2-16
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Stay with your MP.
The Air is an upgraded Spark.
Missing flightmodes, no occusync, less flight time, cheap RC... and so on. And for what? Not worth the „upgrade“.
Keep your MP until a real Mavic upgrade arrives.
#MavicPro2

2018-2-16
Use props
Berg I Imagery
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

I'd say "it depends".  If you mostly fly line-of-sight then the Mavic Air is an awesome drone.
2018-2-16
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Resale value is already dropping, so if you are planning to upgrade to air, or the mavic 2 which is not guaranteed to come out soon, pure speculation, you should sell it fast while it still holds value. It already dropped on ebay after the air released, I sold mine the day air came out.
2018-2-16
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.3
Canada

I own both units- I'd say unless you absolutely need the extra portability that the AIR affords, the PRO is a much better product since it has occusync.

I carry the AIR with me in my backpack everywhere I go, but I trust the image transmission and latency about as far as I can throw it... literally... I get chunky video feed in an open field at 200m distance.
(Go4 app and AIR Firmwares fully updated too)

I definitely don't regret my purchase, but if I gave up the PRO to replace it with the AIR I'd be slightly disappointed...
2018-2-16
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kibosh 3 Posted at 2018-2-16 12:47
I own both units- I'd say unless you absolutely need the extra portability that the AIR affords, the PRO is a much better product since it has occusync.

I carry the AIR with me in my backpack everywhere I go, but I trust the image transmission and latency about as far as I can throw it... literally... I get chunky video feed in an open field at 200m distance.

Thanks for that input. I definitely need some comparison. I mean, I've been using the PRO for almost 3 months now and didn't have any problem except when it got disoriented while flying above the water but was lucky to push RTH right away. I think the answer is clear here. I'm keeping the PRO and Spark. Keep your votes coming though. Would love to see how other people like in my situation think of this.
2018-2-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Don't do it.
2018-2-16
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was easy for me to vote yes.
I had a Platinum, which was a dud. Sent it to DJI and they replaced it with a new one. (Not a refurb!)
Wasn't much better than the first one. So I sold it. Only lost $50 on the deal.
Got the Air and it rocks.
Sure, it is having some teething issues, but even with it's quirks, it is better than either one of those Platinums.
2018-2-16
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My most important factor is noise. I want the quietest drone . Then i stick to my mpp and wait that hopefully the mp or mpp 2 comes out , more quiet and better camera. I was thinking of getting the ma , but according to my opinion it is far too loud for me
2018-2-16
Use props
kfloke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

MP win in term of flight time and flight range.
MA win in term of portability and some new shot.

Both have pros and cons. If I were you, will keep the MP. Invest in MA if really going for portability.
2018-2-21
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

I current have a Spark, but would like to sell it and upgrade to the MA since  it has a 4K camera, longer flight time and better features.
2018-2-21
Use props
Anunaki
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1522346 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I am facing the same dilemma. Ideal would be to keep them both but then I fear that the Mavic Pro would gather dust.

The main reason for me actually getting the AIR is infiti focus , 100mb bitrate and no more drunken horizon with the Mavic Pro.

But the again we might have a Mavic Pro 2 arriving soon .

Dji is making my head spin with all their must have gadgets.
2018-2-23
Use props
Henry-M
lvl.2

Australia

Sell the spark and the pro to buy the air and soon you can add the MPII which is going to big bigger but with many features the old pro does not have..
2018-2-23
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Keep your MP!! You can do everything with this drone, specially when use 3 party software or modded app. You can easy adjust everything on the MP because there is a good community in rewrite the go-app and prevent DJI to do things we don't want.
2018-2-23
Use props
rikk08
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Personally for me it's not worth the upgrade, I'll keep my mavic  for now  ,as I'm quite satisified with the quality, and wait for either a new Phantom or a mavic 2 (hopefully!!)
2018-2-23
Use props
mlamb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140190 ft
United States

New Mavic Pro owner here, so I'll admit I am slightly biased.  But think about it this way...  What do you do with your video footage that you take?  Post it on YouTube or Facebook?  Will those platforms take advantage of the extra bit rate of the Mavic Air's camera?  I really don't know, but I have seen other posts on here saying how you already loose some quality when uploading there.  So in the end, is the video really any better?
2018-2-23
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

mavic pro  is a long distance runner. if you are not interested for the control range the mavic air is best for you
2018-2-23
Use props
fans663583ad
lvl.2

Canada

Hold off before making a decision. March is the rumored Mavic Pro II introduction. The image quality is key for this platform. Let's see what is offered. The flight distance is not so important, as most are violating the law when the drone can't be seen with the naked eye, lol.
2018-2-23
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

Easy decision. The air is definitely an upgrade from the spark. Is the Air a upgrade from the MP or MPP no way. The Air was a replacement for the spark not the MP or MPP  when they come out with the MP 2 if they do the will be the replacement for the MP and MPP. If the rumors are true with the MP 2 being bigger and with a better gimbal how that’s going to be the one to go for. That’s what I’m waiting for.
2018-2-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules