Should I sell my MP and buy MA? Help me decide.
2964 57 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-23 08:47
Easy decision. The air is definitely an upgrade from the spark. Is the Air a upgrade from the MP or MPP no way. The Air was a replacement for the spark not the MP or MPP  when they come out with the MP 2 if they do the will be the replacement for the MP and MPP. If the rumors are true with the MP 2 being bigger and with a better gimbal how that’s going to be the one to go for. That’s what I’m waiting for.

Thanks for your input. Very helpful.
2018-2-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Owners of one drone are almost always biased, so keep that in mind when making any decision...  these are both fantastic birds.
2018-2-23
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-23 08:47
Easy decision. The air is definitely an upgrade from the spark. Is the Air a upgrade from the MP or MPP no way. The Air was a replacement for the spark not the MP or MPP  when they come out with the MP 2 if they do the will be the replacement for the MP and MPP. If the rumors are true with the MP 2 being bigger and with a better gimbal how that’s going to be the one to go for. That’s what I’m waiting for.

I agree with you. I guess I will wait for the MP2.
2018-2-27
Use props
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 952133 ft
Hong Kong

using both of them. I agree with some comments above, that it depends whether you see the further portability in Mavic Air something essential.
If not, I think the Mavic Pro is a more versatile & flexible as Ocusync remote connection is WAY MORE superior & consistent than the Mavic Air Wifi.

Gimbal  - Mavic Air gimbal design is better, but so far I really didn't see a lot of MP gimbal problem unless you crashed really really really harsh
bitrate - maybe I am not good enough at it, I really couldn't notice the difference of MA & MP due to the differences in bitrate

I do think the MA is a really great drone, esp with its extremely small size, the new obstacle avoidance system, and the new Internal Storage. But I just don't think these new things can "replace" the MP.
Although it is named "Mavic", I do tend to think it is an upgrade version of Spark instead of Mavic Pro.
2018-2-27
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

NO! the MP/MPP's are way better drone than the Air.
2018-2-27
Use props
Maginot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40863 ft
United States

My two cents... you always can end up waiting and chasing the newest DJI product.

I have a Phantom 4 Plus, after upgrading from the P3.

When the Mavic Pro P came out, I jumped on it as a more portable and capable drone.
The thing is rock solid. Great distance. And, I upgraded to boosted Titan Antennas.

Now, if you only want to use it for local visual line of sight, the MA seems great. But, I live in a wooded area and tend to want to explore the area and need a boosted system.

The Phantom has a great image, but size limits it to a planned outing.

The MPP is very portable, great range.

The MA looks awesome, great specs. But it seems to be more of personal drone and less for exploring.

And, I haven't seen anyone boosting the MA, which is dual frequency...

The MPP is 2.4 and boosting is easy with a single frequency antenna.

I would stick tight and get plan for the MP2. However, no one really knows when it will be released. just rumors.

2018-2-27
Use props
frankengels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2273796 ft
Belgium

For me a clear No, The advantages of the MA are not significant. The MP has still a lot of advantages like really solid RC connection, longer flight time, faster P mode with all sensors enabled, less noisy and a better VLOS range as it is larger.
2018-2-27
Use props
Thunderbirdsarego
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

nup...Pro is about as small as you want a drone to be.
2018-2-28
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Thunderbirdsarego Posted at 2018-2-28 03:02
nup...Pro is about as small as you want a drone to be.

These aren't the drones you're looking for...

Sorry, didn't work. I'll take the smaller one.  
2018-2-28
Use props
Brutale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
Canada

YES.......It seems, to me, you don't want the MP anymore. If you did, you would not be entertaining selling it for the MA. I've known about the MA for as long as most people on this Forum and it has never entered my mind to sell it for a MA.
Question; Why's that ?  
Answer; Because I have no desire to get rid of it.
So sell it......................and be happy.....maybe.
2018-2-28
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182808 ft
United States

I love my Mavic Air! That said I probably wouldn't have bought it if i had already had a Mavic Pro. If anything i'll probably be in the market for a Mavic Pro 2 or Phantom 4 Pro while also planning to keep the Mavic Air. I love the size of the Air for travel and hiking around with but now that i have a taste of the drone life Id like something bigger to capture better images for some projects. I wouldn't keep the  Mavic Pro and Mavic Air though. I think they essentially are good at doing the same thing. It's nice to have different tools for different jobs
2018-3-1
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CSMelzer Posted at 2018-3-1 17:29
I love my Mavic Air! That said I probably wouldn't have bought it if i had already had a Mavic Pro. If anything i'll probably be in the market for a Mavic Pro 2 or Phantom 4 Pro while also planning to keep the Mavic Air. I love the size of the Air for travel and hiking around with but now that i have a taste of the drone life Id like something bigger to capture better images for some projects. I wouldn't keep the  Mavic Pro and Mavic Air though. I think they essentially are good at doing the same thing. It's nice to have different tools for different jobs

Thank you for your input! I am keeping my MP.
2018-3-1
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Brutale Posted at 2018-2-28 09:30
YES.......It seems, to me, you don't want the MP anymore. If you did, you would not be entertaining selling it for the MA. I've known about the MA for as long as most people on this Forum and it has never entered my mind to sell it for a MA.
Question; Why's that ?  
Answer; Because I have no desire to get rid of it.

I am happy with my MP. If not, I would have sold it without asking. I might sell the spark tho. I am probably just jealous of the Asteroid quickshot mode. Other than that, I am perfectly fine with my MP. Want to hear thoughts of other pilots too if they were in this kind of dilemma.
2018-3-1
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Peeps get excited about a better camera but I have a Pro and a 4K OLED tv and most of my friends cant really tell the difference 'tween that and 1080p so is a topline camera really necessary if you are not a professional?

Great to have a better cam but I woudnt sell a perfectly good Platty Pro and Upgrade for that and 3 more minutes.
2018-3-10
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

If you want an improved spark, go downgrade to the air. Battery and range are identical to the spark. Very bad signal with interference
2018-3-10
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really like my daughter but they have these boy, people that you can get, that are really cool! They can pee standing up, play football, and can later work in my business. My daughter, whom I really love can get better grades, is more loving and is really pretty.
You could compare the features and find that even though they are both excellent to raise as human beings they are both different with unique features that make each one outstanding. I think I could love them both, equally.
The question is:
Should I get rid of my daughter and get a son?
2018-3-10
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LKHPhotography Posted at 2018-2-27 19:35
using both of them. I agree with some comments above, that it depends whether you see the further portability in Mavic Air something essential.
If not, I think the Mavic Pro is a more versatile & flexible as Ocusync remote connection is WAY MORE superior & consistent than the Mavic Air Wifi.

I agree with all the things you said. I love my Mavic. I guess was just too jealous of the new quickshots and more importantly, the backward sensors. I am not too techy when it comes to the bitrate like you I might not know the difference. What I was really hoping to have are the new features that the MA has except for the very loud props (I heard) - also the reason why I don't fly my Spark that often.
2018-3-21
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-3-10 02:19
I really like my daughter but they have these boy, people that you can get, that are really cool! They can pee standing up, play football, and can later work in my business. My daughter, whom I really love can get better grades, is more loving and is really pretty.
You could compare the features and find that even though they are both excellent to raise as human beings they are both different with unique features that make each one outstanding. I think I could love them both, equally.
The question is:

Although I heard the MP2 is coming very soon according to the news, I don't see myself splurging into a new gadget. I guess I want to see how people think of this situation. I am definitely not letting go of my daughter. Not ready for a son though.
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules