Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Allow hovering when disconnected from DJI Go 4 app
1307 4 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
28wins
lvl.4

United States

@ DJI Support
@ DJI Thor

There have been many times I have had to position the aircraft at the right height and angle and let it capture video or pictures with a timer.
I also only fly via WiFi using the DJI Go 4 app.
However if I switch apps on my phone or lock the screen, the aircraft will start to descent and land on its own after 60 seconds.

My request is an option to override that behavior. It should stay exactly where I position it until fursther instructions or battery charge level drops to level low enough to warrant a landing or RTH.

2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

But you have that option in GO 4. You can choose what you want MA to do when connection is lost. Hovering is one of the options.
2018-2-15
Use props
Spaceman_66
First Officer
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Agree with Wachtberger. IIRC, the 3 selectable options are RTH (it was defaulted for me), land or hover in place. I changed it to hover but haven’t tested it.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please go to Settings - Main Controller Settings - Advance Settings ; then select under Remote Controller Signal Lost as you desire ( Hover)
2018-2-15
Use props
28wins
lvl.4

United States

Thank you everyone. Found it and it works! Exactly what I needed.

Hope this helps someone else too.

Unrelated query @DJI Paladin et al.:

If I power on the Mavic Air (running aircraft firmware v.1.0.2) and double press the function button at its back, I can set it somewhere and use the Palm Gesture to get it to take off.
But then it automatically enters Trace mode which I don't necessarily want/ need every time.
How can I get it to hover in place then without pulling out the phone and disabling SmartCapture?

If it isn't possible, please add this option for the user and bring PalmLunch and Palm Landing to the Mavic AIr.
I need it to behave like the Spark.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules