Can't fly
1560 10 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coffeejoenc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2585 ft
United States

Got a Spark and I can't even fly at my RC Club field. Tried the self unlock and still can't fly. I will never buy another DJI drone again. Go with a company that doesn't control where you fly.
2018-2-15
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Yeah. Good decision
2018-2-15
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Indeed
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Sorry to read on your experience. If you send me a personal message and provide more detail, I may be able to provide you a solution. I look forward to hearing from you.
2018-2-15
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187408 ft
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-15 13:46
Sorry to read on your experience. If you send me a personal message and provide more detail, I may be able to provide you a solution. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sooo ... maybe you can help.  I have a commercial drone license.  I work at an aircraft brokerage on an airport.  I have permission from the airport manager to use the drone to video the aircraft for marketing purposes.  I have gone through the process of self-unlock twice and still cannot get the damned thing to work.  As a work-around, I did buy another drone that doesn't try to control where I fly, but I still would prefer to use my Mavic Pro.  The three-step method doesn't seem to work, so perhaps you can explain how I am going to make this work?  I have the unlock code, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Jake Fortune Posted at 2018-2-20 15:41
Sooo ... maybe you can help.  I have a commercial drone license.  I work at an aircraft brokerage on an airport.  I have permission from the airport manager to use the drone to video the aircraft for marketing purposes.  I have gone through the process of self-unlock twice and still cannot get the damned thing to work.  As a work-around, I did buy another drone that doesn't try to control where I fly, but I still would prefer to use my Mavic Pro.  The three-step method doesn't seem to work, so perhaps you can explain how I am going to make this work?  I have the unlock code, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I can not do the unlocking on my end. You can do that here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2018-2-20
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-20 15:56
I can not do the unlocking on my end. You can do that here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

I didn't know this is possible thanks for sharing this info!
2018-2-20
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-20 15:56
I can not do the unlocking on my end. You can do that here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

That doesn't really answer my question.  I have done the 3-step unlocking at my end, received the unlock code, and still can't make the drone fly.  Why?  If the 3-step doesn't work, why even offer it to us?  
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Jake Fortune Posted at 2018-2-21 09:08
That doesn't really answer my question.  I have done the 3-step unlocking at my end, received the unlock code, and still can't make the drone fly.  Why?  If the 3-step doesn't work, why even offer it to us?

Please make sure you are following proper procedure:
2018-2-21
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-21 10:03
Please make sure you are following proper procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WGWDx8oGP0

Yup.  I've done it right at my end.  Even sat through the video to make sure.  I'm in a Yellow zone, but the unlock just does not work.  
2018-2-21
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
United States

And ... cue silence.  This is as far as DJI customer support ever gets.  Make sure YOU are doing it right, then nothing.  
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules