Battery drain on Mavic Air
1716 3 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3FuCJGtYWfKP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193264 ft
United Kingdom

The weather here has been pretty crap this last week, either wind, rain or both so the last time I was out was Sunday (4/5 days ago) but it's looking potentially promising tomororw so, even though I charged ALL batteries when I got back on Sunday, I thought I might as well top them up tonight ready to go tomorrow if weather allows.

However I noticed that, despite having been charged on Sunday (today is Thursday) the battery that has been sitting in the Mavic Air was down to 55% charge. I rotated the other two batteries to check them & as expected they intitially showed 100% but very quickly dropping to 99%, pretty much as expected.

So, is it expected normal for it to drain a battery so quickly despite not being powered on or is this an issue DJI should be made aware of?

for now I'm going to keep all batteries out of the machine for a while & monitor their capacities once connected to confirm I just don't have one bad battery (I doubt it's bad but you never know).

Intersted in hearing others' experiences...
2018-2-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I have had a battery connected for at least the same time for "dry" testing and going through the settings. Thus it has been in use (no flying, just sitting on my desk but switched on occasionally) and is down by one LED now. Thus not even close to 55%.
2018-2-15
Use props
peejayk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193264 ft
United Kingdom

Hmm, thanks for the input. I didn't actually check the LED's, was purely going by what DJI Go 4 was reporting in the battery indicator at the top of the screen. Whether I fly tomorrow or not I'll see how it's looking tomorrow evening...
2018-2-15
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

i charged my p3p and air batteries sometime before the weekend.  i just checked and Air batteries show full LEDs but P3P batteries are down 1 LED - pretty sure i have them set to 7 day discharge
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules