Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair Service Quotation - Poor Assessment
12Next >
3472 44 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cunhah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8855 ft
Brazil

I crashed my Spark and set it to DJI to get it repaired. When I opened the Repair Request I added a detailed description on what happened and what parts are visually damaged.
For my surprise DJI just sent a Repair Quote that includes parts that are NOT broken and other parts that are broken were not included.

Let me share wih you the quotation that I received. Then I will share some pictures demonstrating that DJI support did a very poor job on assessing the damanage, and sent to me a wrong quote.

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Gimbal and Camera Module ?????1112.00112.00
Motor4 ?????9.0036.00
Upper Aircraft Cover (White) ?????14.004.00
Middle Frame Semi-finished Product Module (Excluding ESC and Motor)112.0012.00
Repair Service Fee165.00/H65.00
Freight:0.00
Total Amount:229.00
DJI Care deduction:0.00
Total Payment:229.00

Now let me share some pictures to demonstrate that this quote is wrong.

PICURTE 1:
This first picture was taken just after the drone crashed. As you can see Gimbal and Camera are both working. On the third picture you can see gimbal has NO scratches. DJI_0039.jpg

PICTURE 2:
As you can see all Gimbal is intact, no scratches. The left side motors are damanged. Probably also ESC board and LED. None of those were added on the quote.
Not to mention the 4 propellers that are full os scratches. But those were not added on the quotation.
And of course middle frame needs to bbe replaced as two arms are broken.
IMG_4136.jpg

PICUTRE 3:
Upper Aircraft Cover (White) has no scratch. Why DJI wants to repalce it?
Also, all for proppellers are damanaged. Why DJI did not include it on the quotation?
Why DJI included 4 motors on the quotation when only 2 (at most) are damanged (all from the left side of the aircraft)???
Why DJI did not include the LED board and Cover for the left side of aircraft that are damaged?
Why DJI wants me to replace the gimbal and camera module? (because it is expensive and they want to make money out of me?)

Upper Aircraft Cover is fine. Propellers Damaged.

Upper Aircraft Cover is fine. Propellers Damaged.

It looks like no actually assessement was done on my aircraft. Instead a general spark crash quote was sent. I cannot approve this.
Today, I opened a chat with DJI Support, shared all of this (including the pictures above) and ask a re-assessement to be executed.

Is this the quality of support that you all expect and receive from the world leader drone company?

I hope some Forum Moderator and DJI employee reads this and perform a detailed assessement on my unit and explains each part that needs to be replaced.

For all Customers watch out when you send your drone for a repair. Take pictures before so you can proof your point.

Thanks,
Henrique Cunha
@cunhah
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi cunhah, can you please provide your case number so that I can forward your concern to the relevant department?
2018-2-15
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487566 ft
United States

I’m in the exact same situation.. I’ve got a case# too. Mine went i n for a broken arm and one tweaked motor and I was quoted for camera and gimbal and four new motors. I was expecting the lower to replace the arm and one new motor. I tested the gimbal before I shipped it and all was good. 225.00 usd is my ransom
2018-2-15
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

SkyBug2 Posted at 2018-2-15 18:45
I’m in the exact same situation.. I’ve got a case# too. Mine went i n for a broken arm and one tweaked motor and I was quoted for camera and gimbal and four new motors. I was expecting the lower to replace the arm and one new motor. I tested the gimbal before I shipped it and all was good. 225.00 usd is my ransom

Hi SkyBug2, please provide the case number, too and I will look into it.
Thank you.
2018-2-15
Use props
cunhah
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-2-15 18:13
Hi cunhah, can you please provide your case number so that I can forward your concern to the relevant department?

Sure. I appreciate if you can escalate my issue to the proper department. I just shared my case number over a Private Message.
How long it will take to have it reviewed and a re-assessement made?
2018-2-15
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

Here is mine

CAS-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2018-2-15
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

Sadly I’ve already paid the ransom and have not heard anything since..
2018-2-15
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

Looks like a flat fee to me
2018-2-15
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

On a positive note, I didn’t get charged 4 dollars for replacing  the undamaged “upper aircraft cover” . Mine is also white.
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

cunhah Posted at 2018-2-15 18:56
Sure. I appreciate if you can escalate my issue to the proper department. I just shared my case number over a Private Message.
How long it will take to have it reviewed and a re-assessement made?

Cunha, I've already forwarded your case to the appropriate team for investigating, we'll keep you updated.
2018-2-15
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyBug2 Posted at 2018-2-15 19:07

SkyBug,
I might suggest you edit your previous post with your case number in it.  With the case number, other people can look up details and maybe be able to do things you may not want them to be able to do.  If an admin needs it, I would suggest sending it in a private message directly to them.

Best of luck with your repair going smoothly and quickly!
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

SkyBug2 Posted at 2018-2-15 19:07

When did you pay it? It may take a while to update it in our system, we'll keep you updated via email, please wait patiently.
2018-2-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-2-16
Use props
Smolly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15712 ft

South Africa

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-16 03:54
Too late, I have his case number, I am going to hack in his account and take control of his drone. Then I will crash it into a farm setting fire and burning the whole place to the ground... Vegan rules.

Fly it into the sun....
2018-2-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is how DJI support  justify giving you a refurbished Spark instead of fixing yours
2018-2-16
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-2-15 21:08
Cunha, I've already forwarded your case to the appropriate team for investigating, we'll keep you updated.

So.. Cunha has an investigation going on and I get a “wait patiently”?  Cool.
2018-2-16
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-16 03:54
Too late, I have his case number, I am going to hack in his account and take control of his drone. Then I will crash it into a farm setting fire and burning the whole place to the ground... Vegan rules.

If Vegan rules,  wouldn't it make more sense to crash it into a ranch?

After all,  veggies come from farms,  not ranches

Sid
2018-2-16
Use props
Firehawk989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

SkyBug2 Posted at 2018-2-16 06:43
So.. Cunha has an investigation going on and I get a “wait patiently”?  Cool.

You made the mistake of paying the money. Now all you can do is wait for your replacement to show up. I would be shocked if they agree to refund you the difference after the fact.
2018-2-16
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-2-16 09:07
You made the mistake of paying the money. Now all you can do is wait for your replacement to show up. I would be shocked if they agree to refund you the difference after the fact.

Fortunately there are more options than just waiting on a replacement to show up. I’ll wait patiently to see if this will be corrected. If not I will take another avenue.
2018-2-16
Use props
cunhah
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-2-15 21:08

@Dji Diana, I am waiting a contact. I have also asked on the Support Chat to have my case re-assessed, shared this forum post and all the pictures once again.
I was told that the flight log needs to be reviewed. I don't get what a flight log has to do with not damaged parts included on the repair quotation and others that are damaged that weren't included.
Anyway, I will let DJI Repair Center do whatever analysis they need. I just want to get my drone fixed with a correct quotation/price.
Can you estimate when I will get their reply?
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

cunhah Posted at 2018-2-17 05:11
@Dji Diana, I am waiting a contact. I have also asked on the Support Chat to have my case re-assessed, shared this forum post and all the pictures once again.
I was told that the flight log needs to be reviewed. I don't get what a flight log has to do with not damaged parts included on the repair quotation and others that are damaged that weren't included.
Anyway, I will let DJI Repair Center do whatever analysis they need. I just want to get my drone fixed with a correct quotation/price.

Hi cunhah, your concern has been escalated to appropriate department to follow up, the update may get delayed because of the weekend, please wait patiently, thanks for your understading.
2018-2-17
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

The battery fell out of my Spark and it fell into some bushes.. fortunately 'No Damage'.. however DJI advised, insisted, I send it in for analysis,, now after reading the above I am worried what sort of a quote I can expect,,,
2018-2-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flighty Posted at 2018-2-18 00:14
The battery fell out of my Spark and it fell into some bushes.. fortunately 'No Damage'.. however DJI advised, insisted, I send it in for analysis,, now after reading the above I am worried what sort of a quote I can expect,,,

Flighty, would you mind leaving your case number here? We'd like to check and follow up.
2018-2-20
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-20 00:22
Flighty, would you mind leaving your case number here? We'd like to check and follow up.

CASE # : 961450,,
2018-2-20
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

My spark is on its way back. I am curious though as to why when I shipped it, the package weight was .10 lb. looking at my tracking, there is a 5.00 lb box headed to me now. Is dji sending my drone packed in rocks? Hmmm...
2018-2-20
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

Op, hows the progress on your case?
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SkyBug2 Posted at 2018-2-20 09:33
My spark is on its way back. I am curious though as to why when I shipped it, the package weight was .10 lb. looking at my tracking, there is a 5.00 lb box headed to me now. Is dji sending my drone packed in rocks? Hmmm...

Hi, Glad to hear that your spark is on its way. We understand that we have confusion with the weight of your package. Please wait for the package and once you found any issues inside the package please let us know immediately. We have difference avenues of support as you can see on our website and we are happy to help. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-2-20
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Thor, will do.
2018-2-20
Use props
cunhah
lvl.1
Brazil

SkyBug2 Posted at 2018-2-20 09:49
Op, hows the progress on your case?

I got an email from DJI North America Management Team on 2/16 (Friday night) stating that I would get a phone call in the next 48 business hours. This call never happened.
Then, on 2/19 I got an email from them again saying that they were unable to get a hold of me. My phone did not ring all day/night. I suspect DJI does not know how to dial international (Country code +55 - Brazil).
On this email, they informed that after analysis they concluded that the damage is not covered under warranty (strange because I never asked it to be covered under warranty). And they applied a discount as a courtesy on a invoice that would be sent.
I NEVER got this invoice. I already sent over two emails, asking for the new Repair Quote with listed parts that will be replaced, price and discount. But seems that they don't know how to read English.

I am afraid this is the worst support anyone could get from a company. It is a shame.
2018-2-20
Use props
SkyBug2
lvl.4
United States

I’m sorry to hear that.
2018-2-20
Use props
cunhah
lvl.1
Brazil

@DJI Mindy @DJI Thor @DJI Susan @DJI Diana - Forum Admin,

Today, 2/20, I received a new quote for my Spark Repair, after a re-assessement of my case. I thank DJI Support Team for the review. But my questions, raised on this topic were not answered. At the end I was offered a discount of $45.80. But the same parts are included on the "new" service repair quote. Refer to it below:

nvoice

Customer:        CunhaHenrique
Case No:        XXXXX <<< IF YOU NEED CASE NUMBER, PLEASE ASK >>>
DJI Care Balance:       
Quote Date:        02-20-18
Remarks:        Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product malfunction. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that is new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy) DJI North America

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Gimbal and Camera Module        1        112.00        112.00
Motor        4        9.00        36.00
Middle Frame Semi-finished Product Module (Excluding ESC and Motor)        1        12.00        12.00
Upper Aircraft Cover (White)        1        4.00        4.00
Repair Service Fee        1        65.00/H        65.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        229.00
Discount:                        -45.80
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        183.20

As I said on my post, see above:
1) the Gimbal and Camera should be fine, as the drone took a picture after the crash and there is no visual damaged to it.
2) why 4 motors are being replaced if only 2 of them were damaged on the crash? What is the justification to replace all 4?
3) why Upper Aircraft Cover (White) is being replaced? Per the photo on this post, I demonstrated that this part is just fine with no scratch?
4) why 4 propellers were not added to the service repair quote? Per the photo on this post, all of then are damaged.
5) why ESC and LED on the two damaged legs are not included?

As I said, I appreciate the re-assessment. But for me looks like that all that was done was an addition on a discount.

Why the parts included on the repair quote does not match the damaged parts shown on the pictures?

ALL I WANT IS TO HAVE A COMPLETE ANALYSIS AND A FAIR QUOTE TO HAVE MY DRONE FIXED.

Before I approve and pay for this service, I need a detailed report NOT a general quote with a discount applied.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Per the case log, it is suggested to send it in at your cost. Pre the tracking number you offered, we do not find any tracking info, could you double check and confirm? Thanks so much!  
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cunhah Posted at 2018-2-20 16:16
@DJI Mindy @DJI Thor @DJI Susan @DJI Diana - Forum Admin,

Today, 2/20, I received a new quote for my Spark Repair, after a re-assessement of my case. I thank DJI Support Team for the review. But my questions, raised on this topic were not answered. At the end I was offered a discount of $45.80. But the same parts are included on the "new" service repair quote. Refer to it below:

Cunhah, the designated team will do a full and strict test of the unit you sent to ensure the functionality. I'm afraid that some potential problems cannot be judged from appearance. Hope for your understanding. If you do not want to repair, please let us know and we will arrange return without repair, thanks!
2018-2-20
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-20 19:18
Cunhah, the designated team will do a full and strict test of the unit you sent to ensure the functionality. I'm afraid that some potential problems cannot be judged from appearance. Hope for your understanding. If you do not want to repair, please let us know and we will arrange return without repair, thanks!

Before any suggested repairs are done I would like to be informed and advised.
2018-2-20
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

Flighty Posted at 2018-2-20 23:14
Before any suggested repairs are done I would like to be informed and advised.

Flighty, don’t worry. They will not start a repair until  they email you with a itemized list of the parts that need replacement and receive your payment for the work to be performed.
2018-2-21
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

sidtx Posted at 2018-2-16 08:56
If Vegan rules,  wouldn't it make more sense to crash it into a ranch?

After all,  veggies come from farms,  not ranches

Very perceptive my friend. It is ironic seeing that I raise beef cattle. lol. Good luck to all the iron deficient vegans out there. Beef! It’s whats for dinner.
2018-2-21
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

SkyBug Posted at 2018-2-21 08:46
Very perceptive my friend. It is ironic seeing that I raise beef cattle. lol. Good luck to all the iron deficient vegans out there. Beef! It’s whats for dinner.

Beef,  Bacon,   mmmmmm..

I'm a card carrying member of PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals!!!

Remember this?

Sid
2018-2-21
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

Yum..
2018-2-21
Use props
12Next >