the map is missing - google play services
792 8 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3579 ft
United States

Hi, I just upgraded from Phantom 3 A to a new Phantom 4 Pro +.  I use to use the map on the app that shows streets, location and direction of travel all the time on the P3.  Now on the new building screen on P4 is says I need google play services.  How do I get that?  Im stuck.

2018-2-15
Use props
Zbo
lvl.1
United States

I mean built in screen.  Cannot edit the post I guess.  
2018-2-15
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I'll be pleased to hear the fix for your problem too.
I have just updated my P4P+ to Vol 03.06.00 and have now too lost my map in the corner of the screen & get  the message   "GO4 won't run without Google Play which is missing on your phone"

A) I am not using a phone,  but the built in screen
B)  I have no idea how/where to download Google Play from.  I have searched the settings etc & cannot find anything.
C) I have downloaded my Western Australian map again.

This happened once before,  but the bloke that 'fixed' it cannot remember how !  

2018-2-16
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

I dont think DJI want google play and services to work because it will allow people to discover that most software wont work on the current hardware.
Crystal Sky and the plus controller are great in the sun but Its kind of an open secret that they lack the horsepower required. Perhaps a nice beefy Crystal Sky would beat apple at their own game....
Why not go X86?
Stick a RYZEN APU in it, that would annoy INTEL which would be good..........
2018-2-16
Use props
Zbo
lvl.1
United States

Manxmann Posted at 2018-2-16 17:49
I'll be pleased to hear the fix for your problem too.
I have just updated my P4P+ to Vol 03.06.00 and have now too lost my map in the corner of the screen & get  the message   "GO4 won't run without Google Play which is missing on your phone"

It was new out of the box Monday.  Never had the map or direction indicator.  Spent hours doing research on line such as youtube.  Then spent 3 hours with DJI chat this morning going through a lot of hoops without result.  Called my store for a refund, and they said no.  DJI will not work with them on returns.  Then I called DJI and spent 20 min. on hold.  After a short conversation the guy said it is a internal error and not fixable.  Send it in for a new one.  The demanded I send mine in first and when they get it, they weill send me one.  No choice, I sent it off this afternoon.  Not happy as it is brand new and did not work right out of the box.  Im sitting here with nothing except the large receipt that I got when I bought a defective item.  I will let you know what happens.
2018-2-16
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Zbo Posted at 2018-2-16 18:41
It was new out of the box Monday.  Never had the map or direction indicator.  Spent hours doing research on line such as youtube.  Then spent 3 hours with DJI chat this morning going through a lot of hoops without result.  Called my store for a refund, and they said no.  DJI will not work with them on returns.  Then I called DJI and spent 20 min. on hold.  After a short conversation the guy said it is a internal error and not fixable.  Send it in for a new one.  The demanded I send mine in first and when they get it, they weill send me one.  No choice, I sent it off this afternoon.  Not happy as it is brand new and did not work right out of the box.  Im sitting here with nothing except the large receipt that I got when I bought a defective item.  I will let you know what happens.

Thanks,  doesn't sound like you have had a good start at all.
Hang in there ............ it's a lot of fun when things work !!
2018-2-16
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

dorbot Posted at 2018-2-16 18:07
I dont think DJI want google play and services to work because it will allow people to discover that most software wont work on the current hardware.
Crystal Sky and the plus controller are great in the sun but Its kind of an open secret that they lack the horsepower required. Perhaps a nice beefy Crystal Sky would beat apple at their own game....
Why not go X86?

TRUTH.....
2018-2-16
Use props
Ericmacfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233927 ft
Canada

I have the same issue with mine. Tried the factory reset,  No success...
2018-2-16
Use props
Arkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39626 ft

Belgium

dorbot Posted at 2018-2-16 18:07
I dont think DJI want google play and services to work because it will allow people to discover that most software wont work on the current hardware.
Why not go X86?

It would be strange if they wouldn't want Google Play to work because DJI themselves replaced the source used previously by old versions of DJI Go by Google Maps...

2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules