2 Crystal Skies, 2 different color temps
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Purchased 2 Crystal Sky Ultra monitors about a month apart. Sat them side-by-side after purchase and the new one has a "warmer" color (i.e. one has a bright white color and the other as more yellow).

I couldn't find find any way to change the colors other than the SRE (both monitors are set to "Normal").

Is there something wrong with one of my Crystal Skies or can I adjust the colors to make them match?
2018-2-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Mims, can you share some photos of your CrystalSky for comparison?
Thank you.
2018-2-15
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-15 21:45
Hi Mims, can you share some photos of your CrystalSky for comparison?
Thank you.

It's attached. Unfortunately the photo doesn't quite do it justice, but you can see that the one on the left is warmer than the one on the right.
2018-2-16
Use props
ROne21
lvl.2

United States

I see the one on the right is warmer.
2018-2-16
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Color management isn't one of DJI's priorities.  They have no tint (Magenta/Green) control for any manual correction in their cameras either where most all other still and video cameras do, so you live with magenta tinted X-series cameras with DJI.  That mess has been around for several years now with their poor manual white balance and why I fly with a green filter too if in manual white balance.

Doesn't surprise me it carries over into their screens either.  Your left one is definitely more yellow than the bluer right which may compound your white balance issues with the poor camera tint if you rely on the Kelvin reading off a color temperature meter to set up the camera.

Fwiw, you can color correct Apple and Android screens with an X-Rite i1 Display Pro calibration tool and their ColorTRUE apps for those two OS systems.  Not so with DJI being a locked OS.

2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mims Posted at 2018-2-16 14:54
It's attached. Unfortunately the photo doesn't quite do it justice, but you can see that the one on the left is warmer than the one on the right.
[view_image]

Hi, there. Please try to adjust the light of the screen in the setting and put it into the brightest value, choosing "normal" in SRE, then shoot a picture about it. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-23
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Max brightness in "normal." I think the original photos had the same settings, but I took these again to make sure.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules