1458 15 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_hk1234
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155 ft

Hong Kong

Hey guys,
I have a very bad experience with my Mavic pro two weeks ago. A very serious RTH bug on my Mavic Pro that leads to it’s missing. The Return-to-home function (RTH) for my drone doesn’t guide my drone back to me. Instead, the home point of the flight change suddenly and my drone fly toward the wrong home point (which is a place we never been before) at high speed. Not long after that I lost remote signal and lost sight of the drone. I form a search party and try to find the drone at the missing point suggested in the DJI apps for 2 days but the drone is just not there. I have no idea where the drone is and apparently I can’t trust the DJI app anymore. This is a total waste of time and resources. Anyone have the same experience?

I've contacted DJI about the incident but they refuse to start an investigation into the problem due to my warranty ended. But in the conversation, the DJI CS said this is a special case and would like to offer me a 30% off coupon to buy a new one but they will not investigate the case. My question is if this is such a special case then why can't they investigate the problem? I didn't accept the 30% right away because it sounds very irresponsible to me. Not long after I hang up the phone I received an email to tell me to send them the flight record for investigation. But 1.5 weeks is passed now, I've tried to ask for an update but still no response (case number: 0642000000541) . Overall I am very disappointed with the DJI CS service and the way they treat their customer.  

Anyone have experience dealing with DJI customer service? For me, it feels very irresponsible and no transparency of information. Now I have no idea what is going on, what cases the incident. Any feedback from similar user case would be much appreciated. It sounds like my case is such "special" not sure if anyone also experienced this.

I'm attaching the flight log video here.  
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4qrjg ... %2037%20PM.mp4?dl=0
2018-2-15
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Have you sent DJI your flight logs? You did not say you actually sent them.
2018-2-15
Use props
David_hk1234
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Yes I did. Would expect a response if I didn’t send them the flight record.
2018-2-16
Use props
David_hk1234
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Sorry typo, I Would not expect a response if we didn’t send them the flight record.
2018-2-16
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

I saw a video of this exact same problem but luckily when he tried to fly it towards him it wouldn't come any closer as his maxium flight distance had been reached so he checked return to home and noticed it had moved, I will have a look for it
2018-2-16
Use props
David_hk1234
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thanks mate! Any information will help! Actually we also found other post address the same problem.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-109444-1-1.html
2018-2-16
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Why didn't you cancel the RTH before it flew out of range and lost connection?

My guess is that it flew until it towards wrong home point till it ran out of battery.
Maybe try to search in the straight line in the direction it flew..
2018-2-16
Use props
David_hk1234
lvl.1

Hong Kong

We did, but there are tall trees in the way and long grass all around the area. Searched for 2 days.
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello David, I'm so sorry to read your post. Could you leave your case number here? Something like CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx. I'd like to check the status and see whether we can help.
2018-2-16
Use props
David_hk1234
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-16 19:18
Hello David, I'm so sorry to read your post. Could you leave your case number here? Something like CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxxx. I'd like to check the status and see whether we can help.

Hi Susan,

This is the only number we got from the CS. I've attached the email here.

2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

David_hk1234 Posted at 2018-2-19 19:01
Hi Susan,

This is the only number we got from the CS. I've attached the email here.

Thanks for getting back to us. I managed to get the case number via the forum info. Per the case log, the drone has been out of warranty, we're sorry data analysis is not available in this kind of situation. Hope for your understanding. You can find this in our policy: https://www.dji.com/service/policy
Essential Information.png
2018-2-19
Use props
David_hk1234
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-19 20:19
Thanks for getting back to us. I managed to get the case number via the forum info. Per the case log, the drone has been out of warranty, we're sorry data analysis is not available in this kind of situation. Hope for your understanding. You can find this in our policy: https://www.dji.com/service/policy

Hi Susan,

So what happens if DJI coded all drones to flyaway after the warranty period? Obviously, there is bug in the system then lead to my drone missing. All I want to know is why that happen? If DJI is not willing to dig in and solve the problem. How can you expect the customer to continue buying your products?  Your reply is just another case of being very irresponsible. Anyway, this gave me more information to send to the media. I've reached to a few media over the past few days and they are very looking forward for me to give them more information so they can report the flyaway issue with all DJI drones. Given the fact that the new Mavic air just released this will be a very hot topic for them. This is not a cheap investment and I think the public should know the risk they are facing when they purchase a DJI drone. That it will go against the user will and flyaway due to a serious bug. Good luck DJI with your special customer service.
2018-2-19
Use props
ktsummey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64491 ft
United States

Check out UAVFlyaways.com

It's a new site keeping track of fly away issues. Spread the word!
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

David_hk1234 Posted at 2018-2-19 20:45
Hi Susan,

So what happens if DJI coded all drones to flyaway after the warranty period? Obviously, there is bug in the system then lead to my drone missing. All I want to know is why that happen? If DJI is not willing to dig in and solve the problem. How can you expect the customer to continue buying your products?  Your reply is just another case of being very irresponsible. Anyway, this gave me more information to send to the media. I've reached to a few media over the past few days and they are very looking forward for me to give them more information so they can report the flyaway issue with all DJI drones. Given the fact that the new Mavic air just released this will be a very hot topic for them. This is not a cheap investment and I think the public should know the risk they are facing when they purchase a DJI drone. That it will go against the user will and flyaway due to a serious bug. Good luck DJI with your special customer service.

David, your case will be followed by designated department, please wait patiently.
2018-2-20
Use props
David_hk1234
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-20 20:21
David, as Susan mentioned above, data analysis is not provided as warranty expiration. Your case will be followed by designated department, please wait patiently.

Elektra, you are not getting the point here. There is a bug in the system that leads to my drone missing. And you are not solving the problem, all you do is to tell me warranty expired and not going to do anything. It only proves that you guys are afraid to tell us what is the problem and trying to hide something. If DJI can change the home point of the drone like this, means that the user actually has no control over the drone 100% and I suspect that DJI can even control our drone remotely by changing the home point.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

David_hk1234 Posted at 2018-2-20 22:27
Elektra, you are not getting the point here. There is a bug in the system that leads to my drone missing. And you are not solving the problem, all you do is to tell me warranty expired and not going to do anything. It only proves that you guys are afraid to tell us what is the problem and trying to hide something. If DJI can change the home point of the drone like this, means that the user actually has no control over the drone 100% and I suspect that DJI can even control our drone remotely by changing the home point.

Thanks for your attention and details. Our designated department will follow the case and provide a proper solution to you. Hope it will be settled soon.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules