Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ps3 drifting after latest update
12Next >
2295 42 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyhigh69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

I been having some problems with my ps3 st. drifting right at auto take off and while just hovering in one place in P-GPS mode too.I don't know if its from the last update or just not calibrated correctly.
I have read other peoples issues as well with the same problem. So I am assuming that it is a software problem. Please can anyone give  me some advice of what i should do?  Maybe DJI can figure this problem out. I dont want to have another wreck. I came close today, I literally had to punch it full throttle forward just so I wouldnt drift into a wall that was 10 feet initionally away from at take off.

2018-2-15
Use props
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295000 ft
Slovakia

Is your drone stable at height ? When it hovers, does it drift only to sides, or does it drift all around the place where are you flying? I have pretty much the same issue, so i would like to know what to do.
2018-2-15
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18638 ft
Argentina

It seems a calibration problem of the compass, can you tell us where and how it has been done? Was it near electrical wiring, buildings or some source of electromagnetic radiation?
2018-2-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

RE: Ps3 drifting after latest update

__Leon_Fiebig__ Posted at 2018-2-15 23:44
Is your drone stable at height ? When it hovers, does it drift only to sides, or does it drift all around the place where are you flying? I have pretty much the same issue, so i would like to know what to do.

At the time it is drifting , yes it is at stable height , like 20 - 30 feet up. it doesnt seem to want to stay in one place to hover like it used to do. and when i first take off. it doesnt go straight up it tends to slip side ways. so today ill gather more info. and try it in a different location. and also i will calibrate compass again. and no strictures ect . ect . around . wish me luck. I got the geebeez now that it started doing this. It just exspensive to be repacing the ESC's .
2018-2-16
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

ArgenBrewer Posted at 2018-2-16 03:28
It seems a calibration problem of the compass, can you tell us where and how it has been done? Was it near electrical wiring, buildings or some source of electromagnetic radiation?

I have been following the calibration compass prompts in the Dji app. 360deg. horz. then following at 90 deg a 360 deg circle also.  No I can say no radiation or heavy metal objects around. back of my house. I calibrate in the open. Today Im going to go to a football field to try the different locations of calibrations and take off issue. and altitude hovering at 15 feet intervals. wish me luck... Ill get back later this evening to report the flight.
2018-2-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Check and see how many satellites you have next time.  It may be a GPS problem.
2018-2-16
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The Standard can log 11 satellites maximum in ideal conditions. In auto start the ground effect makes the rest. You think the Standard is flying in a toilet bowl in very low altitude up to 1 and a half meter I do mostly a manual start and let it hover in mostly 3 to 4 meters.   
2018-2-16
Use props
Thermographer
First Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-2-16 07:03
I have been following the calibration compass prompts in the Dji app. 360deg. horz. then following at 90 deg a 360 deg circle also.  No I can say no radiation or heavy metal objects around. back of my house. I calibrate in the open. Today Im going to go to a football field to try the different locations of calibrations and take off issue. and altitude hovering at 15 feet intervals. wish me luck... Ill get back later this evening to report the flight.

It might help to make sure you have nothing made of metal on your person... Gun, knife, a lot of change, & Texas sized belt buckle.
2018-2-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Did you calibrate the IMU yet. This is a part to control the movement and helps the FC with the GPS to hold the position. And you may calibrate the RC first without powered copter. I thingk the compass is not the culprit,more the GPS receive and the IMU and RC stick commands in the neutral positions. I hope that helps you further.
2018-2-19
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I noticed my P3S drift on my last flight on auto takeoff, I calibrated the compass which seamed to help but when I brought it into land i noticed it was still not stable. I will try calibrate the IMU at the wkend as suggested above
2018-2-19
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-2-16 07:03

I took the ps3 out for a flight today and it went good with the dji app, but when i used the litchi app it did not want to hold position. ?????
2018-2-20
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-2-19 11:26
Did you calibrate the IMU yet. This is a part to control the movement and helps the FC with the GPS to hold the position. And you may calibrate the RC first without powered copter. I thingk the compass is not the culprit,more the GPS receive and the IMU and RC stick commands in the neutral positions. I hope that helps you further.

Peterx,
Thanks for the info on the drifting.. I havnt calibrated the IMU yet but I will before next flight. But I did fly it yesterday under the DJI app and I had no drift at all. But when I used the Litchi app it continued to drift at all altitudes. So what do you think?  Im going to "force stop" the dji app before i fly using the Litchi app on next flight. Maybe the drift will stop. And most important, calibrate the IMU and compass.

flyhigh69
2018-2-20
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

AlanHd Posted at 2018-2-19 11:33
I noticed my P3S drift on my last flight on auto takeoff, I calibrated the compass which seamed to help but when I brought it into land i noticed it was still not stable. I will try calibrate the IMU at the wkend as suggested above

AlanHD,
Let me know how your next flight went after IMU calibration. And what app are you using . Like I noticed, the Litchi app, still had the drifting, but the Dji app didnt show no sign of drift. Strange?

Keep me posted,
THanks,
Flyhigh69
2018-2-20
Use props
fansf93718cf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7953 ft
United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-2-20 19:26
Peterx,
Thanks for the info on the drifting.. I havnt calibrated the IMU yet but I will before next flight. But I did fly it yesterday under the DJI app and I had no drift at all. But when I used the Litchi app it continued to drift at all altitudes. So what do you think?  Im going to "force stop" the dji app before i fly using the Litchi app on next flight. Maybe the drift will stop. And most important, calibrate the IMU and compass.

Cannot use both apps at same time. Use Litchi and when you need to view pics or make adjustments to machine, use GO app. Good luck and hope it fixes issue!
2018-2-22
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

not in the same time. It´s too CPU and RAM hungry.
2018-2-22
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-2-19 11:26

thank a lot, I calibrated the IMU and that done it, It flies great now. I did the test on both apps and both worked just fine
Thanks again
Fllyhigh69
2018-2-24
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Now you see the GPS receiver and the IMU are working together on the right way. After some updates and upgrades you may need to calibrate the IMU. If the GPS says the copter is hovering on a place and the IMU says yur copter is drifting then the copter is really drifting. If the IMU says the FC the copter is hovering then the copter makes it too. Mostly the IMU is the missing link to the FC of the copter. It feels the movement of the copter in real time and verify the movement data with the GPS data and try to set the movement against the real movement.
Have a safe and funny flight with your bird and take all times good shots of your favorite area.
2018-2-25
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-2-25 08:50
Now you see the GPS receiver and the IMU are working together on the right way. After some updates and upgrades you may need to calibrate the IMU. If the GPS says the copter is hovering on a place and the IMU says yur copter is drifting then the copter is really drifting. If the IMU says the FC the copter is hovering then the copter makes it too. Mostly the IMU is the missing link to the FC of the copter. It feels the movement of the copter in real time and verify the movement data with the GPS data and try to set the movement against the real movement.
Have a safe and funny flight with your bird and take all times good shots of your favorite area.

Thanks for everything. Great info,
Its been a very interesting time with this toy. A gas powered heli. Is my next hobby im gonna get into.

Sincerly,
Flyhigh69

2018-2-26
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-2-25 08:50

Thanks for everything. Great info,
Its been a very interesting time with this toy. A gas powered heli. Is my next hobby im gonna get into.

Sincerly,
Flyhigh69

2018-2-26
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

What type of heli want you get or build? To fly a heli is much harder than a quad copter at all. Do you had a fun quad yet? My Xin Lin 161 is only flown by hand,no ATTI no GPS and so on but its cool if it lands softly on the ground after a funny flight. Its a pure FPV and it makes flips with full speed. It´s really different to the Phantom. But a heli needs the most concentration. But if you really want to do this then you´ll fly this thing as a profi.
2018-2-27
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Thanks everyone who has commented on this issue. It has been solved.
2018-2-27
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-2-27 01:05
What type of heli want you get or build? To fly a heli is much harder than a quad copter at all. Do you had a fun quad yet? My Xin Lin 161 is only flown by hand,no ATTI no GPS and so on but its cool if it lands softly on the ground after a funny flight. Its a pure FPV and it makes flips with full speed. It´s really different to the Phantom. But a heli needs the most concentration. But if you really want to do this then you´ll fly this thing as a profi.

I'v watched some u tube videos of the nos helicopters and they were pretty cool. My PS3 ST is fun. I had an issue today on distance. I was about 150- 175 feet up and i traveled out to about 500-550 feet and I kept loosing signal. I even have the range extender installed. I have not went over the flight data yet. And all the other trouble shooting i have to check. But it was the first time i dared to go out that far. I was using the litchi app also. So next flight DJI after I go over all the settings and data. I dont know? firmware? Loose attan. wire in transmitter? I will post again tomorrow after trouble shootings done. I just hope It is nothing to serious, Its just 500 feet, not good!
But ya, the helicopter will be a totally different experience. It was amazing how fast and how manuverable they are. Just like how a dragon fly moves! In every direction imaginable, with speed....
2018-2-27
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

In what area did you fly and was an object between your RC and AC ?
2018-2-28
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-2-28 00:59
In what area did you fly and was an object between your RC and AC ?

sorry about not replying promptly,
At first I thought it was the library. Which I think had some of the problem of distance. I did check my controllers wiring that i had installed a ARGtex extender. I got my bird to get out to 1000 feet. I dont believe thats the full potential of distance with the range extender on it. I might need to replace the control module in the controller. I do have a second controller which had a broken s2 switch , Do u think it could be the module in the controller? Back to the wiring, I did find the black wire to the main antanae was not put on correctly. i fixed that, and that's when i got out 1076 feet at 195 feet up. i still havnt got a chance to take it out to the empty country to test it without any wifi interference. What do you think of the Elite 1.4db range extender? perhaps it would get me out farther. or just get a phantom pro.??? But I believe thier is a problem with the signal being lost a little past the 1000 feet mark.

thanks for reading,
flyhigh69
2018-3-11
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Normally the P3S should fly up to 3000 feet in distance in 200 to 400 feet in FCC mode in excellent conditions. You may know the 5.8GHz band is not so for extra range. I fly my bird in stock and CE mode between 700 and 1200 feet away and had no RTH kicked in.
2018-3-12
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-12 03:55
Normally the P3S should fly up to 3000 feet in distance in 200 to 400 feet in FCC mode in excellent conditions. You may know the 5.8GHz band is not so for extra range. I fly my bird in stock and CE mode between 700 and 1200 feet away and had no RTH kicked in.

So how do these modes work FCC , CE? I mean can I switch these modes manually? I still haven't flown out in the country yet to see if the wifi interference has anything to do with my short distance range. I have to replace S1 switch on the original controller that came with the drone. Maybe it will work better but I highly doubt that would be the problem.. Hopefully... I watched on the net of elite mod range  extender which looks like would help in distance. I just hate to spend more loot just to get the same results.
2018-3-13
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

The CE mode is in EU and ASEAN area. The FCC is in the US and middle America you get FCC mode. This will be sett by real or fake location by the mobile device with a GPS receiver. You get luck tolive in the US and you have FCC.
2018-3-13
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-13 06:20
The CE mode is in EU and ASEAN area. The FCC is in the US and middle America you get FCC mode. This will be sett by real or fake location by the mobile device with a GPS receiver. You get luck tolive in the US and you have FCC.

Thats crazy, when I look up my fight logs under the DJI app another country pops up first then hurfano county pops up. (Walsenburg Colorado) . And it shows me my flights. So THE mode FCC and CE are automatic? Its weird how , I'm pretty sure its Europe,  that pops up for about 2-3 seconds.  But if i'm going over 400 feet distance it has to be in FCC mode correct?
2018-3-13
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

In the Firm ware of the copter system is a subroutine asks for the flight area and verify that with the law at there and triggers the mode to CE or FCC fully automatic. The OP does´nt see anything about it.
In FCC you can reach up to 3200 feet(1km) with your bird in distance under excellent conditions. The signal power is more strong than in CE mode. The CE mode can let the bird fly up to 1600 feet(500m) in distance.
The height is by 400 feet (120-140 m) is not so far but is may be the best height for these distances in FCC and CE mode too. If you want to fly that distances then your bird is nearest invisible,and you must see to your mobile and look for the telemetry and flight direction.

This week i make a test between my real position and a fake position so i can see,if anything like this pops up or not.
2018-3-14
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-14 09:15
In the Firm ware of the copter system is a subroutine asks for the flight area and verify that with the law at there and triggers the mode to CE or FCC fully automatic. The OP does´nt see anything about it.
In FCC you can reach up to 3200 feet(1km) with your bird in distance under excellent conditions. The signal power is more strong than in CE mode. The CE mode can let the bird fly up to 1600 feet(500m) in distance.
The height is by 400 feet (120-140 m) is not so far but is may be the best height for these distances in FCC and CE mode too. If you want to fly that distances then your bird is nearest invisible,and you must see to your mobile and look for the telemetry and flight direction.

I flew 10176 feet yesterday in town. with all the wifi interference, I could of went farther but i chickened out cause of the wind, a bit strong, but i noticed the direction of the copter relative to my position, had a lot to do with my signal strength. Whith the copter facing my direction, it had great signal, but once i rotated to the direction i was flying (away from me), the strength dropped and disappeared RTH would kick in. I think a antanae wire maybe faulty or broken. I dont know what else it could be???
THanks for the infor of the FCC and CE modes.
2018-3-18
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

I have noticed too if the copters nose face me the range is more a little bit than the heck face me.
2018-3-19
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-14 09:15

Any results or news on the mock location.
2018-3-19
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Not yet,it was too windy,more than 30 mph.
2018-3-19
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-19 23:04
Not yet,it was too windy,more than 30 mph.

Tell me about it . March is so windy'. I tried to fly just a bit ago and it was pushing me bad. But any how , Its been good comunicating with you. I hope the wind dies down. Any how, I have been wanting some info on how to view my flights using a Smasung galaxy tab SM-T807 or a Samsung galaxy 3 express. In the past I was able to but I figure out how i did. MP4 Movi ect. I use the litchi app on all flights ., I use the Dji app to calibrate ect.. I followed the instructions through airdata to sync from Litchi to Dji . and some went through, again in the past but now I cant. I wanted my points to go up. The litchi app i perfer. If you can guide me to upload from litchi flights to dji accout it would be most helpful.THanks,
Flighhigh69
2018-3-20
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

My drones drift alittle on lift off Sometimes, I think its just turbulence from prop wash for that issue, but once in the air its fairly stable but has never been perfect for any of the 3 DJI drones that I own. However it shouldn't be moving around a lot. Hope you get it sorted out I don't upgrade firmware for many reasons like this
2018-3-21
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
United States

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-3-18 15:33
I flew 10176 feet yesterday in town. with all the wifi interference, I could of went farther but i chickened out cause of the wind, a bit strong, but i noticed the direction of the copter relative to my position, had a lot to do with my signal strength. Whith the copter facing my direction, it had great signal, but once i rotated to the direction i was flying (away from me), the strength dropped and disappeared RTH would kick in. I think a antanae wire maybe faulty or broken. I dont know what else it could be???
THanks for the infor of the FCC and CE modes.

this is an issue with the standard there are a bunch of posts for attaching better antennas to the drone to combat this issue. search Birdside antenna mod here and the other forums should pull it up for you
2018-3-21
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

10176 feet is really a big distance or way for the P3S if you want to fly smooth for filming or take photos. For the bird side antennas you may calculate very exact or the result will be not so good as you wish.
2018-3-21
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-3-21 11:21
10176 feet is really a big distance or way for the P3S if you want to fly smooth for filming or take photos. For the bird side antennas you may calculate very exact or the result will be not so good as you wish.

Pertex,
MY bad, that 10176 distance was not. It was 1176  feet. Anyhow, today i was impressed. I mean with the last distances, i flew out 1,585 feet in town so their was interference, but tomorrow, I am driving out to Redwing Co , my ranch, to see all about this interference.Then with no WIFI fliying allover hell, I will precisely know my distance . Hopefully the wind is not up to 23 mph or more. I have been pretty easy about winds under 24 26 mph . Its really noticeable how the wind affects the drone flying against the wind, the battery drains fast. OH, I wanted to ask you do you know how the double battery is applicable for the P3S?  I have been pondering on flight time.  
2018-3-21
Use props
Peterx
Captain

But 490 meters are not bad for now with these interferences. The flight time  depends from the weather conditions,speed of the AC and the skill of the pilot. The double battery is a "dance in a bowl of raw eggs".
You know a battery of a P3 has a mass of nearly 400 grams and is not so small. The mass is the smaller problem but where you can place it. I´ll look in Kopterforum.de,i sow a power mod for the P3 with a pair of 2 lipos 2x2200 mAh coupled with the P3 battery. That guy got flight times around 40 - 50 minutes each flight..
2018-3-22
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer

there is also info here on using extra batteries some used 3D printed mounts and some just secured the batteries to the landing gear with Velcro straps. one thing to keep in mind with adding batteries is that your adding weight which means the unit has to run harder to haul that weight, the total gains IMO aren't worth the effort while you will gain some extra flight time your degrading your ACs system faster with the extra load on the system.
2018-3-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules