Random horrible video/tranfer feed on P4P+?
903 6 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

Sometimes when i start upp my remote and P4P i get horrible video feed. It feels that everything on the remote have a huge latancy and the screen is very slow to respond to everything.  Then i just restart the remote controller or sometimes only the dji GO4 app on the P4P+ remote and everything is ok.

It happens like 50% of the time for my, and i have to restart the device a couple of times and everything works.
I have the newest firmware on the P4P and on the +remote. I had this on the firmware that was before also. So it doesnt feel like a firmware issue?

What can be the problem here?
2018-2-16
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

are you running any 3rd party apps? The cheaper P4P is the only one that can run all the apps. The more expensive P4P+ is only good if you are doing basic hobby stuff. Strange i know but it is what it is.  Cheers
2018-2-16
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

goldrock Posted at 2018-2-16 02:50
are you running any 3rd party apps? The cheaper P4P is the only one that can run all the apps. The more expensive P4P+ is only good if you are doing basic hobby stuff. Strange i know but it is what it is.  Cheers

Dont have any 3rd party apps.
2018-2-16
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

are you on 2.4g or 5.8?
2018-2-16
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

Someone with more knowledge than me could probably help, but I suspect this is an issue with an iPad getting hot. Video feed for me today was about 30% of the time with the air temp about 34C but in the direct sun. For the second flight, I chilled the iPad in front of the AC and it worked well for 5 minutes then started glitching and even inverted the image. I’ll keep experimenting but as I said, I suspect the amount of data the iPad is trying to process is overwhelming it.
2018-2-17
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

Bootspike Posted at 2018-2-17 22:12
Someone with more knowledge than me could probably help, but I suspect this is an issue with an iPad getting hot. Video feed for me today was about 30% of the time with the air temp about 34C but in the direct sun. For the second flight, I chilled the iPad in front of the AC and it worked well for 5 minutes then started glitching and even inverted the image. I’ll keep experimenting but as I said, I suspect the amount of data the iPad is trying to process is overwhelming it.

I have the P4P+ wich have a built in screen. So its something els..
2018-2-20
Use props
Helicam
lvl.3
Sweden

goldrock Posted at 2018-2-16 18:22
are you on 2.4g or 5.8?

Its on auto, but have tried both.  Its  when i restart the app inside the remote a couple of times it works..
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules