Mavic Air Camera Gimbal Unresponsive - Can anyone help?
2337 10 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9530ed0c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18612 ft
  • >>>
United States

After several successful flights, my Mavic Air gimbal is limp! Here is what happens: During power-up, the drone engages only the pitch gimbal and looks all the way down and then all the way up. Then it stops. Yaw and roll gimbals are never engaged. After startup, all gimbals are completely limp! Clearly the drone also does not respond to gimbal pitch commands from the remote or from the app. Here is what I have tried and the diagnostics I am seeing:
  • Gimbal status: Normal, no errors
  • Gimbal calibration: Stalls at 10%, nothing happens - there is no gimbal movement
  • Warnings and errors: None
  • Drone firmware: Updated
  • RC firmware: Updated
  • Rebooted everything including phone several times: No change
  • Changed battery (silly, but desperate): No change
  • Adjust roll and yaw settings: Non-responsive

Any ideas?

2018-2-16
Use props
djiuser_CSPLLt6ape9a
New
Flight distance : 338 ft
United States

same thing happened to me, right out of the box, customer service said they will email when fixed. Just chatted with them 5 minutes ago.
2018-2-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With that many issues it seems like you have a DOA - I'd return it for replacement.
2018-2-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It doesn’t sound good, you might try IMU calibration and then see if you can do gimbal calibration, you didn’t by any chance start up Aircraft without removing gimbal clamp ?
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to refresh the latest firmware and try to calibrate the gimbal again. If the issue persists, I might suggest sending the drone in, please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-17
Use props
fans9530ed0c
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-17 08:28
Hi there, please try to refresh the latest firmware and try to calibrate the gimbal again. If the issue persists, I might suggest sending the drone in, please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support

It was already updated. Gimbal calibration did nothing again after waiting several minutes it was still at 10%. Contacting support in the morning.
2018-2-18
Use props
fans9530ed0c
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-16 13:25
It doesn’t sound good, you might try IMU calibration and then see if you can do gimbal calibration, you didn’t by any chance start up Aircraft without removing gimbal clamp ?

I couldn't seem to find a way to calibrate the IMU. I have only done that on DJI drones when prompted. I have never started the craft with the guard on.
2018-2-18
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Go to app settings when drone and device are connected go to settings tap on imu then calibrate. If this does not work install dji's newest assistant 2 on computer and do a "refresh"
2018-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans9530ed0c Posted at 2018-2-18 21:07
It was already updated. Gimbal calibration did nothing again after waiting several minutes it was still at 10%. Contacting support in the morning.

Good luck on getting the replacement quickly - let us know how it goes.
2018-2-19
Use props
Half Chrome
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-19 03:06
Good luck on getting the replacement quickly - let us know how it goes.

The Mavic Air is on its way back to me, they say it has been fixed! I would love it if DJI would actually provide a report on what was wrong and how they fixed it.
2018-3-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done on getting it back quickly - they’ll probably attach a diagnostic report
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules