1377 6 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Switzerland

Hi everyone,
I just unboxed my brand new Mavic Air, charged all the batteries, did all the updates and then wanted to take it for a first flight. Indoors it worked just fine, but when I tried to take off from my rooftop terrace it lost the signal immediately, at an altitude of about 4 meters. First it lost the image transmission, then it showed "aircraft disconnected". It started to return to home and land, which I tried to abort multiple times without success.
Before the flight everything was shown green and ok.
I tried to take off 2-3 times and always got the same behaviour.

To me it looks like an interference with the wifi signal.
I used Phantom 3 and Mavic Pro drones in the same exact spot and never had any problems.

Any suggestions? Fixes?

Thank you =)
2018-2-16
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I would suggest testing it at a different location.
2018-2-16
Use props
george.mrrace
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117982 ft
United States

The Mavic Air has both bands of Wi-Fi.  I believe the default is 2.4.  I suggest you switch to 5.2 and see if that solves your problem.  You may have a strong router in your area on the same channel.
2018-2-16
Use props
Philicious
lvl.2
Ireland

Exact thing happened to me on my rooftop It flies perfectly at other places but must be something blocking it. I was able to turn it off by just grabbing it and push it upwards just a bit then engines will die
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi dorius_23. Please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. Also ensure that you have good line of sight for the drone, with minimal interference from wifi sources. Please let me know if this addresses your issue.
2018-2-19
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Switzerland

Updating to the latest version with DJI assistant solved the issue. I Could fly it no problem from the rooftop: I noticed that now the aircraft has automatically selected the 5.2 ghz band ;)

Thanks guys =)
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules