Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where is the Android-App for Ground Station ???
10866 25 2014-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mercur12
New
Flight distance : 3258 ft

United States

Hi,

we, your customers, owning android-phones, waiting for the promised "coming soon" release of an Android-App for the Ground Station.

When we have to expect this ?

Finally the market-share for Android-phones is about 85 percent.  (Aug 2014)

Mercur
2014-10-28
Use props
DJI-Tenna
lvl.2

China

Thanks for your concern.
DJI is just working on it, and still needs some time.
Please kindly keep an eye on DJI official website
2014-11-6
Use props
wittich
lvl.1

Germany

Any news about the android app for the Ground Station?
2015-2-21
Use props
nig_smith
lvl.4

United Kingdom

There are many advantages in using an Amdroid device over an iOS device but there are no advantages of using an iOS device over an Android device. Here are what I personally think are the two major ones.

1. Cost. A suitable Android device can be bought for less than $100. I use a a generic no name tablet for my APM Mission Planner Ground Station. Also if I damage the Android tablet while out in the field it's not a great loss and chances are I could repair it with easily obtainable parts. Not the case with my $500 iPad Air.

2. Google Maps. The iOS version of the Groundstation uses Apple Maps. In this region the imagery is nearly fourteen years old and of such low resolution it's nigh on unusable. Where as on Android, and I'm referencing the APM Mission Planner again, the imagery is far more recent and of a higher resolution. This is why scientific and educational entities don't use Apple Maps.

What I would dearly love to see in any future release of the Groundstation App, whether it be on iOS, PC, or Android platform, is the implementation of no fly zones that are the same as thoughs that have been embedded into the Phantom V2 and Inspire where operation is limited in height dependant on the distance from the centre of the no fly zone and not, as in the case of the current Groundstation software, where operation is prevented within a five mile radius of the centre of the no fly zone.  This aspect is a personal one for me as I'm both disabled and live and fly legally from a CAA authorised model flying club airfield which is in one of these no fly zones, 4.8miles from the centre of the no fly zone.

Here's hoping for some good news after the start of the Chinese New Year.

Regards

Nidge
2015-2-22
Use props
deepeshdotcom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36949 ft
Australia

Any update on this? Only thing stopping me to buy the Ground Station is not supporting Android.
2015-2-24
Use props
leemann
lvl.2

Canada

Any update on this? We need this mostly for the maps as Apple maps is no use in Canada
2015-3-13
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

I don't think anyone can argue that  Google Maps are far superior than Apple Maps.. But unless you own a Premiun Android Tablet (GS desgined for tables not phones) You prolly wont have a compartible device to run something like GS that relies heavely on good GPS/LOCATION/TRUE GYROSCOPE/COMPASS ETC which many of the cheap android tablets don't offer... Its  just a fact.. way too many android devices with many of them NOT running similar or even compatible hardware.
2015-3-16
Use props
nig_smith
lvl.4

United Kingdom

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-3-17 02:06
I don't think anyone can argue that  Google Maps are far superior than Apple Maps.. But unless you o ...

Hi Ronny

It's very doubtful that a high end android device will be required.

All the devices you mentioned are on the craft and all the tablet is required to do is receive and display the telemetry.

As well as the DJI Datalink on my hex I also use the APM2.5 on my fixed wing craft. To link to the APM I use a very cheap, £50, Android Tablet. With this tablet I'm able to view the GPS location, ground speed, altitude, all plotted in realtime on Google Earth much like the DJI App on an iPad but with much higher resolution. I'm also able to monitor all aspects of the power system, battery voltage, instantaneous current draw, and total Current consumed. The waypoint feature is very similar to that of the DJI App but with greater dynamic flexibility and if I use my cheap GPS enabled Android phone the craft knows my current location and allows for "Follow Me Mode" and dynamic home point.

The PC version of Mission Planner has some additional nice features such as being able to overlay the transmitted video onto the HUD display, this is currently an experimental feature on the Android platform.

Regards

Nidge

2015-3-19
Use props
mike.heiligenth
New

United States

nig_smith@o2.co Posted at 2015-2-22 20:49
There are many advantages in using an Amdroid device over an iOS device but there are no advantages  ...

My cheapo 7" Android tablet apparently isn't compatible.  I couldn't see the apps to download.

I am brand new to flying.  While assembling my Phantom 2 Vision "kit", I was thinking about what device to monitor the flight.  I have a large iPad 2, and an Android (4.3) smart phone with a 4" diagonal screen.  I wanted something in between these two extremes.  So I bought a cheapo tablet on clearance at the local discount store.

The iPad loads and runs the apps OK, the smart phone loads and runs the apps OK.  The cheapo RCA 7" Android Tablet doesn't show the Vision and Ground Station apps.  The cheapo tablet is an RCA dual core 8G Android running Kit Kat 4.4.2.

First flights were today, I found that setting the iPad on a table in front of me was more comfortable than trying to hold up that heavy thing on the controller.

BTW, we had a blast.  I love the Phantom 2 Vision.  I can't wait until I get good at flying this thing.

RR
2015-3-21
Use props
mercur12
New
Flight distance : 3258 ft

Japan

Hey, DJI- (Tenna),

in October last year You replied, that DJI is working on an Android-Version of Ground Station....

Now, 6 month later, what is the current Status of this ?

Mercur
2015-3-23
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

nig_smith@o2.co Posted at 2015-3-19 18:39
Hi Ronny

It's very doubtful that a high end android device will be required.

do a google search for the app, and you can download it from that search link. I just did that on a Nexus 7. I have dji app, and the dji ulitmate flight.
2015-3-27
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

davidw1963@att. Posted at 2015-3-27 19:48
do a google search for the app, and you can download it from that search link. I just did that on  ...

sorry, wrote quote to wrong person.... LOL.
2015-3-27
Use props
davidw1963
lvl.2

United States

mike.heiligenth Posted at 2015-3-22 13:36
My cheapo 7" Android tablet apparently isn't compatible.  I couldn't see the apps to download.

I  ...

Do a search on Google for the app. Type in dji vison app or ultimate flight and it will come up under a google play link. Click on that to download to the tablet. I did that on a Nexus 7. Since it wasnt listed in the "play store" for the tablet.
2015-3-27
Use props
JerEl
lvl.2

Poland

WE want an Android app for the ground station!  C'mon DJI, take a break with designing new aircraft and support the old.  I have a Samsung Note 4 that can do everything the fruit's company can do and MORE.  So it's not a matter of hardware it's DJI's refusal to make an app probably because they have sold enough ground stations to make it profitable.  But I've heard or spoke to hundreds of folks who are like me that won't buy the hardware till you have an Android app.
2015-4-2
Use props
recyclerjh
New

United States

JerEl Posted at 2015-4-3 13:42
WE want an Android app for the ground station!  C'mon DJI, take a break with designing new aircraft  ...

I agree I'd love to see an Android app for ground station! Pretty please
2015-4-28
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

So would I....   Pretty please dji
2015-5-26
Use props
fans03c44cff
New

Brazil

I bought the latest model of Phantom (4 Pro +) and I feel hurt, I should have bought only the Pro (without the screen), so I could access the updates faster ... Now I have to wait a long time to launch the Version for Android and still torser to make the software available for the "4 pro +" version.
What's the use to pay more and buy the latest version and stay out or be the last to have the benefits :-(
2017-2-6
Use props
Mildas1
New
Flight distance : 88766 ft
Poland

I vote for  DJI ground station app for Android !
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's something that's being worked on, however, we do not have an ETA as to when GS Pro will be made available for Android.
2017-3-21
Use props
EagleDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605062 ft
Netherlands

Look at the second post in this topic. DJI said it would take them just a bit more time. THREE YEARS ago. This is a joke...
2017-6-16
Use props
Tripod426
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152628 ft
United States

Ground Station Android, Ground Station Android, Ground Station Android, Ground Station Android, Ground Station Android!
2017-7-15
Use props
claudioNC
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Tripod426 Posted at 2017-7-15 12:04
Ground Station Android, Ground Station Android, Ground Station Android, Ground Station Android, Ground Station Android!

Do you perhaps would like to have Ground Station for Android?
2017-10-1
Use props
wilkenjoel
New

United States

Soooo
still nothing for Android? Why not?
2017-12-25
Use props
djiuser_4BIRfVd
lvl.2

Russia

Welcome! Who knows the release date of the flight planning in the DJI Pilot? What's the point of buying a drone like this cost and not be able to work normally? Propose to require from DJI for a speedy solution to this problem.
2017-12-28
Use props
Hi-FlyFoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27651 ft
Germany

Really DJI!
I would even be willing to buy one or more of your Crystalsky monitors (especially since they are supposed to work well in low temperatures, unlike ipads that are not made for winter).
Can you please start to offer complete pro solutions and pro support?
2018-1-19
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

Really this thread started in 2015 and still nothing I'm really surprised and shocked
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules