Inspire1 above swiss mountain lake. Enjoy!
1517 9 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

Your comments and suggestions on how to improve are welcome!

2015-4-30
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

Beautiful location!  I love Switzerland.

Thanks for posting.
2015-4-30
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

That was lovely!   Fantastic colours and enjoyed the scenery.

I am reluctant to offer too much opinion as everyone has their own style and approach and there is no right or wrong.

But here are a couple of thoughts:

1.  Once in a while I noticed a little bump in the footage or sometimes would see a maneuver in two parts, for example the bird comes to a stop and then starts to rise.   In these cases I suggest editing around these events.  Watch closely for anything that breaks the Magic.   ;-)

2. In my opinion (which you should probably ignore) the shots could have been shorter.   Five minute videos start to feel very long unless you are telling a story.   Maybe the whole thing could be closer to 2 minutes.    Having said that I'm sure there are those out there that would say the opposite and want the video to be ten minutes!   So please take this with a grain of salt.  

Really nice footage and an ideal location!   Would love to see that with a bit of fog hugging the water, magic!

Jim
2015-4-30
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

Thanks Jim! Bumps where caused when I stopped recording video to grab pictures. It seems it's not possible to take pictures without stopping recording, while previously it was possible.
I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "editing around these events". Could you explain?

2. You're right, it's too long ;-)

Hope to be there again when there would be just some fog above the lake.... or in winter when it's frozen!
2015-4-30
Use props
Boogieman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Loved it very nice.
2015-4-30
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

Great job.., control and scenery! Well done!
2015-4-30
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-1 06:11
That was lovely!   Fantastic colours and enjoyed the scenery.

I am reluctant to offer too much opi ...

What jim said ...

I would speed some parts up and cut them into more and shorter scenes ... Making this arround 1 min long maybe.

Don't be affraid to use "full stick input" when shooting theese kind of environments ...
"Full stick up" on either one or on both left and right stick would give you a nice smooth shoot with a bit more "action" for the audience

2015-4-30
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

blackbox Posted at 2015-5-1 06:16
Thanks Jim! Bumps where caused when I stopped recording video to grab pictures. It seems it's not po ...

I just meant ending the clip a few frames before a bump or other unsightly event, which would also reduce the overall duration.

When I edit I divide each clip into usable portions.  Sometimes ths means one segment, sometimes I can get three or four different segments from a single clip.

This accomplishes two things:

1. It masks any problems as bumps end up on the cutting room floor
2. Adds variety as can play the first segment from a clip, then come back to a later segment of the clip further into the edit.

Jim
2015-4-30
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Very nice mate well done. Thanks also to Jim for those great tips. Keep them coming
2015-5-1
Use props
chibberts
lvl.1

United States

What a sweet video and location. I'm very jealous.
2015-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules