Compass error - Go to Atti mode. The obstruction of the horizon.
2550 20 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

[size=14.6667px]Hello everybody. Help me. After take-off, a compass error appears. (I fly in different places - forest, field, city). Always the same. About 2 minutes after take-off, the compass error appears. The calibration does not help. What to do? Help please advice. I think my compasses are magnetized.
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If the issue appears in every flight, I'd suggest to send it in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-16
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-16 19:12
Just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If the issue appears in every flight, I'd suggest to send it in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Quadrocopter did not fall. Hard landing was not. Send Quadrocopter to the service it takes a long time. Are there methods to demagnetize the compass?
2018-2-17
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

On March 10 I will receive the Cfixer. Will I tell you about its operation and whether it helped me
2018-2-24
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure that when you do a compass calibration that you are doing it in a wide open area without any potential magnetic interference or metal objects anywhere near you.  Press the calibrate button, then set you phone and RC down and take a step or two away from it.  Make sure that there are absolutely no metal objects on your or in your pockets and that you are well away from everything.  A good open park lawn or field is a great place to do it in order to ensure no interference.

Once you get a good calibration with no interference, then you shouldn't have to do it again.  If you get a message saying there is magnetic interference and to calibrate, don't calibrate again!  Get away from whatever objects you are near before you try to fly.  Then when you are flying, make sure not to fly near any big metal objects.

If you do as suggested above and continue to get interference, then it may be time to open a ticket with DJI support (http://dji.com/support).

Good luck!
2018-2-24
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Most_Brazil Posted at 2018-2-24 08:00
On March 10 I will receive the Cfixer. Will I tell you about its operation and whether it helped me

One more question here - does this happen during flight regardless of the speed? Maybe you've seen already the stuff that people get when flying quick in sport mode - then you get problems with the stability of the system due to speed. Does this error appear when hovering or flying slow as well?
2018-2-24
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

rnrnrn Posted at 2018-2-24 09:04
One more question here - does this happen during flight regardless of the speed? Maybe you've seen already the stuff that people get when flying quick in sport mode - then you get problems with the stability of the system due to speed. Does this error appear when hovering or flying slow as well?

My problem does not depend on speed. I'm flying in normal mode. Compass error appears almost immediately.
2018-2-25
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-24 08:31
Make sure that when you do a compass calibration that you are doing it in a wide open area without any potential magnetic interference or metal objects anywhere near you.  Press the calibrate button, then set you phone and RC down and take a step or two away from it.  Make sure that there are absolutely no metal objects on your or in your pockets and that you are well away from everything.  A good open park lawn or field is a great place to do it in order to ensure no interference.

Once you get a good calibration with no interference, then you shouldn't have to do it again.  If you get a message saying there is magnetic interference and to calibrate, don't calibrate again!  Get away from whatever objects you are near before you try to fly.  Then when you are flying, make sure not to fly near any big metal objects.

I tried all this 1000 times. Did not help. So I ordered the Cfixer
2018-2-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you contact DJI Technical Support?
2018-2-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Most_Brazil Posted at 2018-2-24 08:00

What is the Cfixer?
2018-2-26
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-26 06:33
Did you contact DJI Technical Support?

The invention of Russian people. Demagnetizes the compasses

Links to YouTube:

---   Cfixer for DJI Drones

---   CFixer Instruction

---   Cfixer and Mavic Pro
2018-2-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Most_Brazil Posted at 2018-2-26 09:38
The invention of Russian people. Demagnetizes the compasses

Links to YouTube:

Very interesting videos..
2018-2-26
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

I'll get Cfixer in early March
2018-2-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Most_Brazil Posted at 2018-2-26 09:48
I'll get Cfixer in early March

Yeah I'm thinking about it too.
2018-2-26
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-26 10:13
Yeah I'm thinking about it too.

I will make a detailed report =) 10 March
2018-2-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Most_Brazil Posted at 2018-2-27 09:15
I will make a detailed report =) 10 March

That would be great.
2018-2-27
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

I received a Cfixer. in a few days I will test and write a review.
2018-3-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Most_Brazil Posted at 2018-3-4 09:06
I received a Cfixer. in a few days I will test and write a review.[view_image]

Looks like an interesting device.
2018-3-4
Use props
Most_Brazil
lvl.1
Russia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-4 10:27
Looks like an interesting device.

I tested the cfixer. Guys. It really works. It really helps. It clears the compass error. Removes the magnetization of the compass.  After applying the cfixer the quadrocopter starts to fly in a straight line (without deviations from the set course). Cfixer solved the problem tilted horizon when making turns. I'm happy. I thought it would not help, but it helped. I used these video instructions.

---   Cfixer for DJI Drones

---   CFixer Instruction

---   Cfixer and Mavic Pro

Thank you all and good flight =)
2018-3-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Most_Brazil Posted at 2018-3-12 09:47
I tested the cfixer. Guys. It really works. It really helps. It clears the compass error. Removes the magnetization of the compass.  After applying the cfixer the quadrocopter starts to fly in a straight line (without deviations from the set course). Cfixer solved the problem tilted horizon when making turns. I'm happy. I thought it would not help, but it helped. I used these video instructions.

https://youtu.be/ky4otQElbZ4       ---   Cfixer for DJI Drones

Wow, thanks for the thorough videos and great job posting them!
2018-3-12
Use props
most_zero_nt
lvl.1
Russia

2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules