Battery care and feeding
1001 9 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansef6cd871
lvl.1
United States

here is my story, phantom 4
Last summer my remote battery went bad, When I finally sent it in September or October DJI gladly  repaired it (awesome service).
I took drone out first of Dec and flew but only 10 minutes due to high winds. Fast forward to end of Jan going on a trip. I put battery’s on my 3 battery dock and only one would charge
I took drone on trip with only one battery. When I decided to fly I had a battery cell fault and didn’t fly. A friend with us has the same model and loaned me a battery and I charged it and flew with no issues. Again DJI was awesome and replaced my battery’s.
Question? I don’t fly a whole lot how should I store batteries? is leaving them on the dock in storage mode good or should I store with partial charge or full and will they automatically discharge? I read the battery instructions and they said nothing about the 3 battery dock.
Sorry for the long read.
Thanks in advance
2018-2-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a read of these files from Here :-

Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines v1.0
2017-01-16

Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery Charging Hub User Manual
2018-2-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Store them disconnected and 50% full in a cool dry place.  Maybe an airtight box with a packet of silica gel.

They will self discharge to 50% but it seems to be more accurate if they are close to 50% to start with.
2018-2-16
Use props
Neagtea
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for the slow reply
Thanks for the help
2018-3-13
Use props
strongarm181
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229885 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-2-16 11:51
Store them disconnected and 50% full in a cool dry place.  Maybe an airtight box with a packet of silica gel.

They will self discharge to 50% but it seems to be more accurate if they are close to 50% to start with.

So, I never really know when I'm going to fly...sometimes a few days in a row...sometimes once a week...once a month. Best thing to do is store them at 50% in a cool, dry place?
2018-8-29
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

Does it hurt the battery if you store it (not long term) with only one bar lit up...guessing that is around 25%
2019-1-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

1. Do not leave any battery in a charging dock except when charging. Forget all the rubbish about maintenance charges etc. Its ******.

2. Set a sensible auto discharge time that suits your flying schedules. I set at 3 days.

3. No need to do this 50% lark ... its actually sorry to say it - pointless. If you have your auto discharge time set - then charge up full and then put aside to let auto system take care of it for you.

4. Periodically .. every few weeks - check the charge levels and if its down to one solid LED .... charge it up full again. Let the auto system do its job again.

The DJI batterys have a built in system that you can use to make life simple.

As to the controller battery - because that is not expected to give high power when in use - storage charge of this is not as important. You can charge that full and leave it ... check it when you check your batterys and charge up again if needed.

It really is that simple.

I have to admit I am not a great lover of sequential charging docks - when they get a fault - they GET A FAULT !!

Nigel
2019-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You feed yours? What.... ha

RedHotPoker
2019-1-3
Use props
fansf2ea7926
New

Brazil

Hello, does anyone know how to solve the problem of the Dji 4 app with iPhone 8? I already updated and uninstalled the app, but it did not help. If anyone can help me thank you?
2019-1-4
Use props
BETORIFA
lvl.1

United States

Hi every time when I used I let past 20 min to cool let down , is good for safe more battery life , usually 1 battery the life is 1 or 2 years depends how your used
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules