Dead battery : poor support from DJI
1779 11 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwight.mac
lvl.1

United States

One of my TB48 batteries died on me completely. LEDs do not come on. Vehicle _does_ receive power from battery but the app tells me the vehicle cannot communicate with the battery. Boo!

The battery is older than the 30 day return period for the store I bought it from (CopterShop) so I had to go through DJI directly.

I tried phoning DJI US directly but was hung up on because "call volume is higher than usual".

I tried emailing support. Nine days later(!) I get an email from DJI support telling me to phone the US support line to get an RMA number.

I tried phoning DJI US support and of course get hung up because of call volume.

So what's the magic trick to actually getting an RMA number from DJI? Anyone know how to work this system successfully?
2015-4-30
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

When did call.. (honestly) i don't think they have enough people to cover desk or man it at all so put due high call volume message up.  I know if call right at 9am you always get that message.  Even it call right at 9am when open.. did two days in row.. then call back alot later in day get through but 1 hr. hold time.
2015-4-30
Use props
outlaw
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I had a TB47 Battery brand new that was completely dead,  would not charge or show any signs of life, so I called dji and did get a RMA with free shipping, I just received a brand new TB48 back, Cool a better battery then I sent them, I was so happy until I went to use it, Dam its XXXXXX Dead also......    Just my luck!   here we go again.
2015-4-30
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

This just happened to me as well. Hopefully calling them to figure it out tomorrow.
2015-4-30
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

outlaw@unitedwi Posted at 2015-5-1 10:14
I had a TB47 Battery brand new that was completely dead,  would not charge or show any signs of life ...

did make ship broken battery back to them?
2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

jwight.mac  Posted at 2015-5-1 10:14
One of my TB48 batteries died on me completely. LEDs do not come on. Vehicle _does_ receive power from battery but the app tells me the vehicle cannot communicate with the battery. Boo!
The battery is older than the 30 day return period for the store I bought it from (CopterShop) so I had to go through DJI directly.

Buy a flipping new one from Amazon.
When it arrives, put the non working one in the box and SEND IT BACK for a refund!
(do NOT let the billion dollar company shove it up ur ass)

Bob Marley

2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

outlaw@unitedwi Posted at 2015-5-1 10:14
I had a TB47 Battery brand new that was completely dead,  would not charge or show any signs of life ...

When it arrives, put the non working one in the box and SEND IT BACK for a refund!
(do NOT let the billion dollar company shove it up ur ass)

Bob Marley
2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

I think I did - lol

Bob
2015-4-30
Use props
jon
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-5-1 13:03
When it arrives, put the non working one in the box and SEND I ...

You can say that again!
2015-4-30
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I found the best way to communicate is through the online support channel on the DJI site.
2015-4-30
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

I am with Bob on this one....
2015-5-1
Use props
outlaw
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-5-1 11:07
did make ship broken battery back to them?

Yes I had to send it back to them.
2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules