2795 3 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsydanma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 732736 ft
Finland

Hi all.

I bought OSMO Mobile on november 2016. On february 2017 that OSMO started doing random freak outs and I took it back to the retail shop where I had
bought it and it was sent to the European repair center. After seven weeks I got a replacement OSMO (the box was in a plastic wrap). At home I noticed that the phone clamp was kind of loose, the opening / closing movement wasn't as smooth as on the original one. Because the warranty repair would take again max two months and the gimbal seemed to work otherwise ok I didn't return it to the store (this was a mistake).

I didn't have any use to my OSMO untill now, I charged the battery and turned it on and to my surprise it didn't work anymore!! So, after being in a closet unused for 11 months this thing had died!
When I power it on it just does crazy fast random movements for maybe two seconds and the shuts off the motor power.

So, DJI.... I have broken, basiclally unused under 12 months old OSMO mobile that is a warranty replacement unit. Does this get repaired / changed under warranty?

Br.

Jarkko S.
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Hi,there. Please tell me the SN of your osmo and the previous case number. I would recommend you try to flash the firmware of osmo mobile through DJI Assistant 2. Can you shoot a video about the situation for further check? Please ensure that the gimbal is level before turning it on. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-18
Use props
jsydanma
lvl.2
Finland

Hi. I updated the firmware and it updated ok. Still not working. If the number on the battery lid is the serial no. it is: 0BSKDK1 90001FU.  The phone (Oneplus 3) is perfectly leveled . I bought the Osmo mobile from retail shop (Power, Finland), not directly from DJI store, so I don't have previous case number.
2018-2-18
Use props
jsydanma
lvl.2
Finland

I just visited the store where I bought my Osmo mobile. They said that the DJI warranty policy is that the 12 month warranty starts from the original purchase date. So, it seems that my practically unused warranty replacement Osmo is just garbage and only thing I can do is to throw it to the garbage bin. They said that they could have applied for extended warranty for this warranty replacement unit but in worst case it might not be repaired or changed under warranty and it could cost me 90 EUR!!
So, new Osmo mobile 2 costs now less than 130 EUR, only 40 EUR more than the possible bill to me if they wouldn't accept the expanded warranty for the replacement Osmo mobile. Not happy at all
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules