Deleting waypoint missions on Samsung S6
1046 10 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf2675682
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122113 ft
United States

I am using the latest DJI Go 4 app with a Mavic Pro.

I cannot find a way to delete waypoint missions on my Samsung S6.  Neither long-pressing nor swiping presents a delete opportunity.

How do I delete missions????
2018-2-16
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

At 9:17 into the video, if you pause it, at the bottom right corner of the screen is a trashcan.  Highlight the mission you want gone and click the trash can.  It MAY not look like it's done anything but on mine, when you reboot the RC, the mission is gone.  Remember, the mission is uploaded to the AC.  
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, you can refer to the video above. Hope it helps.
2018-2-17
Use props
fansf2675682
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-17 04:58
Hi there, you can refer to the video above. Hope it helps.

Thanks for responding.  

Have you watched the video?

The video neither shows nor mentions deleting missions.

I have not found a way to get the delete button to appear.

Tell me what to do.  The video does not address the subject.
2018-2-17
Use props
fansf2675682
lvl.3
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-2-16 12:25
Waypoint missions

At 9:17 into the video, if you pause it, at the bottom right corner of the screen is a trashcan.  Highlight the mission you want gone and click the trash can.  It MAY not look like it's done anything but on mine, when you reboot the RC, the mission is gone.  Remember, the mission is uploaded to the AC.

Thanks for responding. Nice video.

However, the video does not mention deleting missions.

Highlighting a mission does not produce a delete button on my Samsung S6.
2018-2-17
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

i didn't say that it mentioned deleting waypoints.  I said at the bottom of the statement "At 9:17 into the video, if you pause it, at the bottom right corner of the screen is a trashcan.  Highlight the mission you want gone and click the trash can.  It MAY not look like it's done anything but on mine, when you reboot the RC, the mission is gone.  Remember, the mission is uploaded to the AC.  "  

THATS how I delete mine.  The button appears on my Note 5.  Pardon me for trying to help.  
2018-2-17
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-2-17 06:43
i didn't say that it mentioned deleting waypoints.  I said at the bottom of the statement "At 9:17 into the video, if you pause it, at the bottom right corner of the screen is a trashcan.  Highlight the mission you want gone and click the trash can.  It MAY not look like it's done anything but on mine, when you reboot the RC, the mission is gone.  Remember, the mission is uploaded to the AC.  "  

THATS how I delete mine.  The button appears on my Note 5.  Pardon me for trying to help.

I’m surprised and a little saddened by your “Pardon me for trying to help” remark.  It is not appropriate.  I have done nothing but thank you and complement you and ask for clarification.  
At 9:17 in the video, I do not see a red button/trashcan.  Perhaps, it is hidden by your banner.  The audio is about saving a mission.  When a mission is selected, my S6 produces no trashcan.
2018-2-17
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

eh... sorry about that... bad day here.
2018-2-17
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-2-17 15:16
eh... sorry about that... bad day here.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.  I hope you are out flying.  Makes for a good day.

Correction: I finally looked at your video on a monitor and was able to see a trash can.  Today I'm going to the scene where I recorded the waypoints that I want to erase in the hope that location may make a difference.  So far, I have not seen a way to erase waypoints on my Samsung S6.  If that doesn’t work, I’ll try my wife’s iPhone. Finally, I will uninstall and reinstall DJI go 4 on my Samsung.

At 11:11 in your video I see two missions each with the same time stamp.  For the same waypoints, is “Consistent with Record” a mission and “Consistent with Route” another mission?
I notice that the screen shows Lat, Lon and distance.  Are they measured from Home Point or controller?
Is altitude recorded for each waypoint?
Your help is appreciated.  
2018-2-18
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Again, sorry about the attitude problem.  I got woken up early with my phone in alarm because it said that my Email password had been changed.. and not by me.  To make a long story short, 5 hours later and after changing my password on a Phone, tablet and outlook on my home computer, I found that the Mail Server someplace had crashed.  Finally back working sorta..

The link to the video is not mine.  It's only one that I subscribe to.  I'm like you.  The first time that I tried Waypoints, I had the same problem trying to delete them.  On mine, I couldn't see the trashcan because of the Light blue font on a black background.  When I finally found it, I would highlight the mission, click the trash can and nothing appeared to happen.  I did it 5 or 6 times.  Finally gave up.  Later, I landed and changed batteries.  When I took off I tried it again and the missions were gone.  The only thing that I came up with was that the mission is uploaded to the AC when you say go.  The RC only tells the AC to delete it, but it still shows up until you reboot the AC.  

Like I said, I am like you and have searched the net trying to figure it out.  Nothing found.  Mine was strictly trial and error.  
2018-2-18
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-2-18 15:14
Again, sorry about the attitude problem.  I got woken up early with my phone in alarm because it said that my Email password had been changed.. and not by me.  To make a long story short, 5 hours later and after changing my password on a Phone, tablet and outlook on my home computer, I found that the Mail Server someplace had crashed.  Finally back working sorta..

The link to the video is not mine.  It's only one that I subscribe to.  I'm like you.  The first time that I tried Waypoints, I had the same problem trying to delete them.  On mine, I couldn't see the trashcan because of the Light blue font on a black background.  When I finally found it, I would highlight the mission, click the trash can and nothing appeared to happen.  I did it 5 or 6 times.  Finally gave up.  Later, I landed and changed batteries.  When I took off I tried it again and the missions were gone.  The only thing that I came up with was that the mission is uploaded to the AC when you say go.  The RC only tells the AC to delete it, but it still shows up until you reboot the AC.  

Morning,
Still trying to delete Waypoint missions from my Samsung S6.  After choosing Delete many times, rebooting did not make my missions go away.
Nothing I could think to do caused the trashcan to light up.  Pressing a mission would sometimes temporarily select that mission.  Sometimes, I would get a pop-up offering the chance to select Delete.  After selecting delete, nothing was ever deleted.

I bought an iPad and tried that. Left swiping deleted missions on that device.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules