Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lovecraft
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Looking for some help.

Just bought a Phantom 4 Pro.

After trying to worl out what was the best pad to buy, I went for the Huawei T3.

I can't get it to connect with any version of Dji Go.  It just shows as aircraft disconnected.

My Samsung Note 4 works fine, so there is no problem with the drone or Controller.

I have it set to developer mode.

Any ideas?

I read on another forum Android 7 may be the problem, but I can't find any way to downgrade it.

This drone malarkey is already a complicated nightmare.  I haven't even managed to fly it yet.  :-)

2018-2-16
Use props
leto14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369898 ft
Sweden

Huawei Mate 8, Android 7.  DJI GO not work. Disconnected !!!!
2018-2-19
Use props
Lovecraft
lvl.1

United Kingdom

leto14 Posted at 2018-2-19 13:45
Huawei Mate 8, Android 7.  DJI GO not work. Disconnected !!!!

Thanks.

Gonna change it for the Huawei Mediapad T3 7.

Seems like that works fine on Android 6

2018-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why the insistence for Android devices?

It's no secret that has been proven in over time, iOS devices seem to work better.
No wonder DJI joined forces with "iApple"!! Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-2-19
Use props
Lovecraft
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-19 14:22
Why the insistence for Android devices?

It's no secret that has been proven in over time, iOS devices seem to work better.

None really to be honest.

I was looking at ipad mini 2, but then thinking just as well get the ipad mini 4 for future-proofing.  Next thing you know, it's another £400 on top of the £1500 so far and I haven't even flown it yet.

:-)

2018-2-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Lovecraft Posted at 2018-2-19 15:06
None really to be honest.

I was looking at ipad mini 2, but then thinking just as well get the ipad mini 4 for future-proofing.  Next thing you know, it's another £400 on top of the £1500 so far and I haven't even flown it yet.

Yes, but just know, the better the device, the more enjoyable the whole flight kit experience.

As you said, you already put out good money for the drone. Don't cheap out it's brain, that runs the app...

RedHotPoker
2018-2-19
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

Good points, faster cpu speed is always priority with any phone, tab or monitor with ram being the next focal point so I got the Asus Zenpad and it's flawless...

Then I quickly found brightness to be the first priority in Florida and ordered the CS Ultra

Wednesday can't come fast enough
2018-2-19
Use props
leto14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369898 ft
Sweden

what is the specification of Asus?
2018-2-20
Use props
Lovecraft
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-19 15:35
Yes, but just know, the better the device, the more enjoyable the whole flight kit experience.

As you said, you already put out good money for the drone. Don't cheap out it's brain, that runs the app...

OK, you convinced me.

Bought the ipad mini 4.

2018-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Lovecraft Posted at 2018-2-20 01:53
OK, you convinced me.

Bought the ipad mini 4.

You will be overjoyed when you see how well that IPad runs the app and delivers the promised satisfaction.

You made very wise decision, price be damned. Sorry for the extra cost, but it's peace of mind, and free insurance that you have awesome flights, that return and offer wonderful landing.

Have fun, enjoy your drone and time well spent while on the forum. ;-!

RedHotPoker
2018-2-20
Use props
Lovecraft
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-20 08:20
You will be overjoyed when you see how well that IPad runs the app and delivers the promised satisfaction.

You made very wise decision, price be damned. Sorry for the extra cost, but it's peace of mind, and free insurance that you have awesome flights, that return and offer wonderful landing.

Thanks.

Can't wait to have a go and get some nice shots.

2018-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Lovecraft Posted at 2018-2-20 10:02
Thanks.

Can't wait to have a go and get some nice shots.

It's gonna blow your mind, when you download those first beautiful still images and awesome videos.

Thanks for being smart about this whole scenario. It's super important not to try and just get by, with inferior devices, or other gear.
Same goes for intelligent flight batteries. Make sure that you only buy genuine OEM DJI flight packs. Not some cheap knock off from unknown manufacturers.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-20
Use props
Lovecraft
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-20 12:50
It's gonna blow your mind, when you download those first beautiful still images and awesome videos.

Yeah, gonna get a few from Amazon.  I seen you can buy "fake" batteries, but thought that the last thing you want is a battery failure when you are 500m in the air.

Nothing worse than spending time trying to get something to work, rather than using it for why you bought it.

Already read lots of nightmare stories about Firmware, app crashes etc. etc.

It connect first time on my Note 4 which made me think the Android tablet would be ok.

Will get some cracking shots of the Scottish castles and highlands to post.

Just need to hope the drone handles the wind ok.

2018-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Practice flying in ATTI mode, which may help you keep control if wind is gusting. Or if your GPS loses connection.

But calm days are better for awesome photography. Yes the gimbal balances, but wind is never a good thing to compete against.

DJI put a block in the firmware that negates use of some counterfeit flight packs.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-20
Use props
Lovecraft
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-2-20 15:46
Practice flying in ATTI mode, which may help you keep control if wind is gusting. Or if your GPS loses connection.

But calm days are better for awesome photography. Yes the gimbal balances, but wind is never a good thing to compete against.

Ipad mini 4arrived today.

Dji go 4 all installed and working grand.

Thanks for the gentle push towards the Apple.

Roll on some flight time at the weekend.

2018-2-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Lovecraft Posted at 2018-2-22 11:04
Ipad mini 4arrived today.

Dji go 4 all installed and working grand.

Well, you are on the right path, to a fantastic journey and memorable adventure.
Too bad this all has to cost us our paychecks for an entrance fee.

It's nice that we have multiple pics and numerous videos to show the reasons how we love our drones. Their ability to take such marvelous still images, and video is awe inspiring...

Looking forward to hearing your laughter and seeing what you can do with your drone.

I bet that you have some marvelous scenery, near by, that needs to be exposed to the other forum members. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules