Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Resolved] New problem with Windows 10
123Next >
36955 106 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-20 01:59
As explained in my OP above, it works well with a Windows 7 Laptop. The problem appears to be Win 10 related.

Just tested with minie, exactly the same. On company laptop with Windows 10 it is working, both drives are in Device Manager as "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB  Device" using MS native drivers let me do more testing.
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-20 08:24
Just tested with minie, exactly the same. On company laptop with Windows 10 it is working, both drives are in Device Manager as "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB  Device" using MS native drivers let me do more testing.

Looking forward to your findings!
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

OK I got it fixed. Summary:

On 2 laptops without DJI assistant 2 ever installed - USB mass storage working for both internal and also SD card
On my laptop where I have DJI assistant 2 installed it is not working. So I started to sniffer system/usb/com device in device manager and tried to delete all devices connected with Mavic. Finally it was driver issue which classified this USB mass storage as COM device. So solution was:

1. Connect Mavic Air to your computer powered on
2. Open device manager, open Ports (COM & LPT)
3. You will see two COM devices instead of one as usually when you connect Mavic Air They will have name "USB Serial Device (COMx)" instead of X you will have number of COM device
    Open both of them and check tab Details then drop down menu Hardware IDs wrongly detected should have IDs - USB\VID_2CA3&PID_001F&MI_02 and USB\VID_2CA3&PID_001F&REV_0404&MI_02
4. Right click on it and click Uninstall and tick also option Delete driver if it will be available
5. Mavic's Air mass storage should be detected right away, you could try replug usb cable if not.

If this will not work I suggest to uninstall/delete both "USB Serial Device (COMx)" devices.

Let me know result.

David
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-20 08:55

On 2 laptops without DJI assistant 2 ever installed - USB mass storage working for both internal and also SD card

Great, thank you very much! I shall try that right away and report back. I already had discovered the two COM devices and found them strange but somehow thought it was intended to be that way.
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-20 08:55

It has worked, fantastic! Problem solved. Will you post your solution in the other threads on this problem or do you want me to do it (of course with giving the credits to you)?
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-20 09:21
It has worked, fantastic! Problem solved. Will you post your solution in the other threads on this problem or do you want me to do it (of course with giving the credits to you)?

That is great to hear that it helped. Feel free to share in other threads where it is needed. By the way were you deleting only that one COM with specific HW IDs or both of them?
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-20 09:45
That is great to hear that it helped. Feel free to share in other threads where it is needed. By the way were you deleting only that one COM with specific HW IDs or both of them?

Both of them and now there is just one new "USB serial device" instead.
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-20 09:47
Both of them and now there is just one new "USB serial device" instead.

This again proves fact that DJI is not very good in doing drivers. They are not digitally signed and now even errors like this, I'm not telling anything about problem with driver for DJI Mavic Air remote, but for that one seems they have some new driver on its way.
2018-2-20
Use props
Franco64
Second Officer
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

It doesn't work for me. I see only one USB Serial Device (that contains the wrong Hardware ID) and, if I try to disintall it, when I reconnect tha Mavic Air it was recreated exactly the same, with the wrong hardware Id. Sob...
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-20 09:57
This again proves fact that DJI is not very good in doing drivers. They are not digitally signed and now even errors like this, I'm not telling anything about problem with driver for DJI Mavic Air remote, but for that one seems they have some new driver on its way.

Yes, the RC issue is solved with a new driver that works.
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Franco64 Posted at 2018-2-20 09:58
It doesn't work for me. I see only one USB Serial Device (that contains the wrong Hardware ID) and, if I try to disintall it, when I reconnect tha Mavic Air it was recreated exactly the same, with the wrong hardware Id. Sob...

Very sorry to hear that! It has immediately worked for me.
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

It doesn't work for me. I see only one USB Serial Device (that contains the wrong Hardware ID) and, if I try to disintall it, when I reconnect tha Mavic Air it was recreated exactly the same, with the wrong hardware Id. Sob...

Franco are you able see "USB Mass Storage Device" in USB devices? Please make sure only Mavic is connected and no other USB keys or removable drives. Also are you seeing any device with exclamation mark in device manager?
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

And are you using Windows 10 64 bit correct?
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-20 10:50

Yes and as far as I can see the problem only occurs with this Windows version.
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

Ok then we could try this:

1. download Driver Store Explorer https://github.com/lostindark/Dr ... releases/tag/v0.9.5
2. run it as admin
3. delete the following drivers:

ftdibus.inf
ftdiport.inf
dji_vcom_driver11.inf
Vision_(Interface_3).inf
winusb.inf
stmcdc.inf
android_winusb.inf
rockusb.inf
slabvcp.inf

4. Reboot
5. open command prompt as administrator and put there:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers
DriverSetup64.bat

Alternatively you could open this folder in explorer and run that driver installation bat as administrator. This could be called as complete DJI drivers reinstall.

2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

And last and not least before actual driver reinstall try to go settings in Windows 10 - Devices - you will have "DJI" device as was also shown on screenshot in previous post in this thread, click on it and click Remove Device, you need to have mavic connected and powered on for this to work.
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-20 10:50

I get the feeling that you have mixed me up with Franco. For me the problem is solved thanks to your work. It was him for whom the first method didn't work.
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Dear Franco, read the following posts of djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H here above, he might have the solution for you.
2018-2-20
Use props
Franco64
Second Officer
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-20 11:06
Ok then we could try this:

1. download Driver Store Explorer https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases/tag/v0.9.5

Yes!!! I had a lot of error (file missing) when I execute DriverSetup64.bat, but now is working!!!!

And the connection with DJI Assistant 2 with the drone and the RC is also OK!

Many many thanks to you and Wachtberger!
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Franco64 Posted at 2018-2-20 13:15
Yes!!! I had a lot of error (file missing) when I execute DriverSetup64.bat, but now is working!!!!

And the connection with DJI Assistant 2 with the drone and the RC is also OK!

Great to read this, now I am happy too! And djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H is definitely the hero of the day!
Nevertheless DJI has to fix this driver problem. "Normal" users will continue to have this problem and will find it difficult to go through all this for solving it.

Important edit: djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H is not only the hero of the day, seeing the many other threads on the same problem that are solved now he is at least the hero of the month! :-)
2018-2-20
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

I'm very happy that it was helpful. By the way I changed my nick on forum, before I was d.a.v.i.d then I registered to DJI shop and it got changed to djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H and I put now DH_Pilot as my nick. Feel free to let me know if any help is needed.

David
2018-2-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-2-20 22:00
Hi All,

I'm very happy that it was helpful. By the way I changed my nick on forum, before I was d.a.v.i.d then I registered to DJI shop and it got changed to djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H and I put now DH_Pilot as my nick. Feel free to let me know if any help is needed.

Very cool - this resolved my issue also. Thanks. I've marked my separate thread on this as resolved.
2018-2-20
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
Slovakia

By the way the our mavic is in Windows 10 in settings now as "mavic air" at least for me do not know if it was that way also before or not.  And the "Driver Error" message there will be still there even in functional state in DJ assistant 2, it will be there unless DJI will finally resolve driver signing issues. Currently driver signing problem seems to be only for Vision 3 interface which is needed for avoidance/positioning cameras calibration via DJI Assistant 2 so if anybody will need calibrate their mavic in DJI Assistant 2 you need firstly restart Windows 10 in troubleshooting mode then to advanced startup and choose option 7 for disable drivers signature enforcement.
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-20 22:25
Very cool - this resolved my issue also. Thanks. I've marked my separate thread on this as resolved.

Good idea, I have done the same now.
2018-2-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-2-20 22:30
By the way the our mavic is in Windows 10 in settings now as "mavic air" at least for me do not know if it was that way also before or not.  And the "Driver Error" message there will be still there even in functional state in DJ assistant 2, it will be there unless DJI will finally resolve driver signing issues. Currently driver signing problem seems to be only for Vision 3 interface which is needed for avoidance/positioning cameras calibration via DJI Assistant 2 so if anybody will need calibrate their mavic in DJI Assistant 2 you need firstly restart Windows 10 in troubleshooting mode then to advanced startup and choose option 7 for disable drivers signature enforcement.

Thank you again. You have helped many users with this!
2018-2-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-2-20 22:30
By the way the our mavic is in Windows 10 in settings now as "mavic air" at least for me do not know if it was that way also before or not.  And the "Driver Error" message there will be still there even in functional state in DJ assistant 2, it will be there unless DJI will finally resolve driver signing issues. Currently driver signing problem seems to be only for Vision 3 interface which is needed for avoidance/positioning cameras calibration via DJI Assistant 2 so if anybody will need calibrate their mavic in DJI Assistant 2 you need firstly restart Windows 10 in troubleshooting mode then to advanced startup and choose option 7 for disable drivers signature enforcement.

Yep - that's been an issue way back to at least Assistant 2 v4.1.6 (or earlier) . I don't understand why DJI don't just get the driver officially signed. I've been flagging it with the mods her for at least a year. Sigh.
2018-2-20
Use props
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, followed this and it appeared to work,but found I had to reboot the computer and the drive appeared and was able to see the files, but apond disconnecting and connecting the MA again all I get is a triple annoying beeping tone from the computer and cannot see the drive again... I also have in the device manager vision interface 3 with ! And the device manager screen along with the beeps is continually refreshing... :-( so not working for me on win10 x64 i7-8700k
2018-2-21
Use props
rantanlan
First Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

The whole driver thing is a mess. And it doesn't only affect Win10, i had this in 7 and 8.1 ... it's solvable. But not for the faint of heart... hopefully they get it done soon for the "normal" user.
2018-2-21
Use props
LoSBoL
First Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

rantanlan Posted at 2018-2-21 01:49
The whole driver thing is a mess. And it doesn't only affect Win10, i had this in 7 and 8.1 ... it's solvable. But not for the faint of heart... hopefully they get it done soon for the "normal" user.

Absolutely, top notch that there is a workaround found. But the topic title doesn't really deserve 'resolved' untill DJI fixes this.
2018-2-21
Use props
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-21 01:57
Absolutely, top notch that there is a workaround found. But the topic title doesn't really deserve 'resolved' untill DJI fixes this.

Definitely not resolved until dji fix it properly :-(
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-17 00:23
Thank you Thor and first of all happy new year! I have tried this many times and I can hear that it connects, just the two USB drives of the Mavic Air remain invisible.

I am sorry for the late reply and happy New Year. Appreciate your update, I will forward this case to our engineers to confirm. Thank you again for your feedback.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-17 22:03
Hi Thor. In another thread regarding a driver issue you provided me with a dropbox link to download a DJI driver pack to see if that solved my issue with accessing storage on the Mavic Air. I can advise that it sadly made no difference, and I'm still unable to directly access the storage (like the other people here also).

Hi mate, thank you for the feedback. And I wanna confirm this: does it mean that the PC is able to read other drones but not for Mavic Air or all drones are not able to be read. I would like our engineers to know the situation. Thank you.
2018-2-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-21 17:56
Hi mate, thank you for the feedback. And I wanna confirm this: does it mean that the PC is able to read other drones but not for Mavic Air or all drones are not able to be read. I would like our engineers to know the situation. Thank you.

Hi Thor. Sorry but I can't compare this situation to my Phantoms as I've not tried to access onboard storage in the same way - it's only a requirement now with the Air in order to access the internal memory (which the Phantoms don't have), and to access the hard-to-remove SDCard (and card removal on the Phantoms is easy).

Regardless, as advised previously in this post and in my specific thread on the issue, this is now resolved with the manual work-around (uninstalling and deleting the COM5+6 driver references in Device Manager, and having the PC re-scan for changes). I'm assuming your engineers need to review the .INF file settings associated with the Virtual Storage drivers.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-21 18:07
Hi Thor. Sorry but I can't compare this situation to my Phantoms as I've not tried to access onboard storage in the same way - it's only a requirement now with the Air in order to access the internal memory (which the Phantoms don't have), and to access the hard-to-remove SDCard (and card removal on the Phantoms is easy).

Regardless, as advised previously in this post and in my specific thread on the issue, this is now resolved with the manual work-around (uninstalling and deleting the COM5+6 driver references in Device Manager, and having the PC re-scan for changes). I'm assuming your engineers need to review the .INF file settings associated with the Virtual Storage drivers.

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for replying.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, I got the feedback from our engineers. For this issue, it is because the SD card and EMMC will be mounted on DJI Assistant 2 when the Assistant 2 is running. So if you need to read the videos and picture on the drone, you can close the DJI Assistant 2 and restart the drone. It should work.
2018-2-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-28 00:11
Hi there, I got the feedback from our engineers. For this issue, it is because the SD card and EMMC will be mounted on DJI Assistant 2. So if you need to read the videos and picture on the drone, you can close the DJI Assistant 2 and restart the drone. It should work.

Thank you very much for the information and for having followed up on this.
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-28 00:20
Thank you very much for the information and for having followed up on this.

No problem, and I also need to appreciate your help on this issue. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help. Of course, I personally also wish you continue helping others on the forum.
2018-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi there, I got the feedback from our engineers. For this issue, it is because the SD card and EMMC will be mounted on DJI Assistant 2 when the Assistant 2 is running. So if you need to read the videos and picture on the drone, you can close the DJI Assistant 2 and restart the drone. It should work.

Thanks for the info!
2018-2-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Hi there, I got the feedback from our engineers. For this issue, it is because the SD card and EMMC will be mounted on DJI Assistant 2 when the Assistant 2 is running. So if you need to read the videos and picture on the drone, you can close the DJI Assistant 2 and restart the drone. It should work.

Thanks Thor. As with the others, I appreciate you following this up.
I'll keep in mind having Assistant 2 running when I want to access photos, but using the "driver remove/re-discover" method seems to enable detection of the storage like a USB key without Assistant 2. Or perhaps that's because I installed that DJI Driver pack which you provided access too?

Anyway, all good. I'm very happy with the Air. My "Tathra Head, NSW Australia" video (posted on the forum) was done entirely with the Air, rather than my P4P.
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_z2aH0e7gmyyU
lvl.1

India

Thanks for sharing this forum.
2018-10-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules