controller wont stay connected
1292 8 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TomhVp0L0dCm
lvl.1
United States

I dont have a problem when I use my phone alone but when I use the controller it disconnects all the time.  On one battery it disconnected 4 times.  I am flying it in my yard.  not sure what is causing this.  Any ideas?  Is the the phone connection with thecontroller or the controller with the spark?  Should I just get an OTG cable?  I am in a suburbia area so maybe other wifi in the area is causing an issue.  Also notice my satillite connection is giving me warning.  it didnt when I connected directly to the spark
2018-2-16
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

this is a very normal issue in SPARK .. You can solve this through trial and error method !!
2018-2-16
Use props
djiuser_TomhVp0L0dCm
lvl.1
United States

What do you mean.  Im new to drones.  Only had it for two days
2018-2-16
Use props
djiuser_TomhVp0L0dCm
lvl.1
United States

So i tried the otg cable.  Flew it in my yard.  Showed gps connected but gps icon was blacked out.  Put it back on wifi.  Didnt show any GPS's
Then got an error saying firmware was inconsistent.  It update.  After that i flew thru two batteries with out a dropped conntection
2018-2-16
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

like i said earlier , a trial and error method works well with SPARK
2018-2-17
Use props
banburyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584724 ft
United Kingdom

S.J. Hey mate, either be helpful or don’t bother to answer. This is probably an issue for lots of Spark users. Your refusal to explain helps nobody
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_TomhVp0L0dCm Posted at 2018-2-16 19:15
So i tried the otg cable.  Flew it in my yard.  Showed gps connected but gps icon was blacked out.  Put it back on wifi.  Didnt show any GPS's
Then got an error saying firmware was inconsistent.  It update.  After that i flew thru two batteries with out a dropped conntection

Please try to change an environment for further check. Do not shield the antenna during flight. What is the model of your device? Please try to change another one. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-22
Use props
djiuser_TomhVp0L0dCm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-22 01:19
Please try to change an environment for further check. Do not shield the antenna during flight. What is the model of your device? Please try to change another one. Thanks for your support.

Since I am new to the DJI Spark as well as any drones I didn't update the battery.  I bought two new batteries.  It didn't tell me to to update the battery.  Thats why it was disconnecting.  The second battery did, thats how I found out.  I updated the first battery through DJI assistant 2.  After that I didn't have connection issues
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_TomhVp0L0dCm Posted at 2018-2-22 05:42
Since I am new to the DJI Spark as well as any drones I didn't update the battery.  I bought two new batteries.  It didn't tell me to to update the battery.  Thats why it was disconnecting.  The second battery did, thats how I found out.  I updated the first battery through DJI assistant 2.  After that I didn't have connection issues

Glad you found the problem and solved it. Thanks for the details.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules