OSMO Mobile 2 stability with Samsung Phones
15773 30 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
senatorkelley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450525 ft
United States

I'm about to purchase this for my Photography business and my wife and I have Samsung S7 and the S8.  Can anyone report back that the Android software is more stable since CES 2018? I heard it crashed a lot in Vegas.
2018-2-16
Use props
Macreo
lvl.2

Canada

Works absolutely fine for my Note 8.
2018-2-17
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

works fine with my samsung s7 edge
2018-2-18
Use props
djiuser_9ecpbcTy4u4M
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I am also a Samsung Note 8 user
OM2 works perfectly OK
except where I wanna add an external mic (for poor-recording in selfie tripod) and alas......   
2018-2-18
Use props
senatorkelley
lvl.2
United States

Thanks everyone.
I purchased the Osmo2 based on everyones feedback here. Excited to get this!
There seems to be a backorder says about 20 days for delivery...  I'll report back here when I receive it to see how it works on the S7 and S8 as well.
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Just to clarify a point, here are some mobile devices that would be compatible for this product:

iOS Version v3.1.27.
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhoneX.
Android Version v3.1.28.
Requires Android 4.4 or later.Compatible with Samsung Note 8, Samsung Note 5, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S6, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei V10, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei P9, Huawei P9 Plus, Huawei NOVA 2, Huawei Honor 9, Mi 6, Mi Note 3, Oppo R9m, HTC U-3w, LG V20, Nexus 6 Plus, Google Pixel XL 2, Google Pixel XL, Nut Pro 2.
2018-2-19
Use props
NickMe
lvl.1
Italy

What about the optical stabilization of the Samsung S7 edge?
Can you deactivate from the menu?
Do videos made with the DJI app have problems if optical stabilization is active?
2018-5-15
Use props
senatorkelley
lvl.2
United States

NickMe Posted at 2018-5-15 09:36
Do videos made with the DJI app have problems if optical stabilization is active?

No issue as far as I can tell. Yes you can turn it off.  I used the DJI app and the native camera app and works like a charm. I tried it also on my wives iPhone native photo app and it was terrible.
2018-5-15
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

NickMe Posted at 2018-5-15 09:36

I use the S7 and the Samsung camera - works great.  Slow motion shot at 240fps, when captured smoothly aka gimbal ninja, is really impressive. Just make sure you balance the phone corretly taking into account having to mount it more to the left (gimbal motors end up in the shot).
2018-5-16
Use props
fans92c3ac89
New
United States

kbm79 Posted at 2018-5-16 00:13
I use the S7 and the Samsung camera - works great.  Slow motion shot at 240fps, when captured smoothly aka gimbal ninja, is really impressive. Just make sure you balance the phone corretly taking into account having to mount it more to the left (gimbal motors end up in the shot).

I`m having some problems with a motor appearing on the video when I`m turning to the left.

What should I do?
2018-5-17
Use props
fans92c3ac89
New
United States

fans92c3ac89 Posted at 2018-5-17 11:26
I`m having some problems with a motor appearing on the video when I`m turning to the left.

What should I do?

Sorry I forgot to mention. I have a S7 edge.
2018-5-17
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-19 10:45
Just to clarify a point, here are some mobile devices that would be compatible for this product:

iOS Version v3.1.27.

Add Samsung S5, works flawlessly with my Osmo 2
2018-5-18
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans92c3ac89 Posted at 2018-5-17 11:26

What should I do?

It's trial and error to find the sweet spot. I've found with the S7 that if I line up the edge of the screen with the edge of the phone holder, it works well. Saves a little time each time I rebalance the phone again before use.
2018-5-18
Use props
Tomasz Bicz
lvl.1

Poland

Mam pytanie, aplikacja dji obsługuje wideo 4K na Samsungu S7 / S7 Edge?
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dale 68 Posted at 2018-5-18 05:05
Add Samsung S5, works flawlessly with my Osmo 2

Thanks for your feedback Dale, that could be very useful for other users who have this mobile phone and are also interested in Osmo Mobile 2, we will forward it to our engineers to update the compatible list in the future.
2018-5-21
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Tomasz Bicz Posted at 2018-5-19 00:45
Mam pytanie, aplikacja dji obsługuje wideo 4K na Samsungu S7 / S7 Edge?

Yes - if i've translate that correctly, 4K is suported with S7/ S7 edge.
2018-5-22
Use props
PaganLinuxGeek
lvl.2

Wondering if the go app support storing images in RAW (DNG) format on the galaxy s8+. Does anyone know? If not, then can the gimbal be operated without a bluetooth connection to the device so that one might use other third party apps to store in raw format (IE Lightroom CC and OpenCamera).
2018-5-24
Use props
NickMe
lvl.1
Italy

Can anyone confirm that the Samsung S7 Edge works well with the Osmo Mobile 2 even after upgrading to Oreo?

I have not updated yet for fear of having problems with the DJI GO android app.

Do all features of the app continue to work with Oreo, including 4k recording?
2018-6-3
Use props
fans85fbfe08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157890 ft
Mexico

Acabo de comprar el DJI Osmo Mobile 2, en Amazon México, aun no me llega, pero viendo las preguntas y respuestas, me quede con mas dudas, si es compatible el Osmo 2 con el movil Samsung Galaxy Note 4?? gracias por la respuesta.
I just bought the DJI Osmo Mobile 2, in Amazon Mexico, I still do not get it, but seeing the questions and answers, I was left with more questions, if the Osmo 2 is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4? thanks for the reply.

2018-6-7
Use props
djiuser_DRrjt6nEVsvo
New
Indonesia

I got Samsung Galaxy Note FE (Basicaly the same camera as S7) but no 4K option listed.
2018-7-31
Use props
MuskokaDan
New
Flight distance : 6224 ft
Canada

kbm79 Posted at 2018-5-18 23:27
[view_image]

Thanks for this! I thought the bottom of the phone had to be seated in the right edge of the clamp.
DJI_20180806_081829.jpg
2018-8-11
Use props
Risharde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2881 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

I have to say, it's petty good on my Samsung S6 (which is sort of old) but works like a dream! Check out my videos for more examples such as active tracking etc.

2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_LuNetP0uzts4
New

Philippines

Guys pls help..my gimbals just keep on rotating after a few seconds then it stops. I have video it but i cant post it here i think
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_oRJrTdlyz6vI
New

iOS Version v3.1.27.

Hi Mark

I just received my OSMO.  For the life of me, I can't seem to make my phone balance.  I have read the instructions over and over.  I have a Note 8.  It seems to be too big (long) for the OSMO.  Any help would be appreciated.

Michael
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_oRJrTdlyz6vI Posted at 2018-9-7 14:04
Hi Mark

I just received my OSMO.  For the life of me, I can't seem to make my phone balance.  I have read the instructions over and over.  I have a Note 8.  It seems to be too big (long) for the OSMO.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hello there! Have you already tried to adjust the adjustable arms farther right to balance the roll axis?
2018-9-9
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

senatorkelley Posted at 2018-2-19 05:59
Thanks everyone.
I purchased the Osmo2 based on everyones feedback here. Excited to get this!
There seems to be a backorder says about 20 days for delivery...  I'll report back here when I receive it to see how it works on the S7 and S8 as well.

I have a Galaxy S9 Plus and it works well with the Osmo2.  I use Filmic Pro as well and it all plays nicely together with the Osmo2.

Hope this helps.
2018-9-10
Use props
BALGIM
New

United Kingdom

Just to add to this thread. My Samsung Note 4 fits inside the DJI OSMO Mobile 2 but it is snug and it takes some time to ensure I have it secure so that it doesn't pop out. In terms of functionality it seems to work well. The only problem is NO 4K option. Infact 720P is the only option for video resolution size. This is disappointing as the camera can do UHD 4k 30 fps. After doing some reading, it appears there are several android phones (some listed as supported) which can handle 4k but the DJI GO App does not allow it.  I hope more time is spent to fix this. Most camera apps can retrieve max resolution settings of a phone and DJI are severely letting the consumers down by not fixing this issue.
2018-11-22
Use props
puntillita
New
Spain

BALGIM Posted at 11-22 13:33
Just to add to this thread. My Samsung Note 4 fits inside the DJI OSMO Mobile 2 but it is snug and it takes some time to ensure I have it secure so that it doesn't pop out. In terms of functionality it seems to work well. The only problem is NO 4K option. Infact 720P is the only option for video resolution size. This is disappointing as the camera can do UHD 4k 30 fps. After doing some reading, it appears there are several android phones (some listed as supported) which can handle 4k but the DJI GO App does not allow it.  I hope more time is spent to fix this. Most camera apps can retrieve max resolution settings of a phone and DJI are severely letting the consumers down by not fixing this issue.

Hola, tengo

un Samsung s9 y desde la aplicación de DJI no puedo grabar en UHD 60 fps. Limitando el uso del gimbal. Sólo para usar la aplicación del teléfono puedo grabar en UHD 60fps.
A ver cuando los desarrolladores de DJI son dignos de actualizar la aplicación para tener acceso al 100% de las utilidades del osmo ....
Saludos ....
2018-11-28
Use props
travelsignposts
New

Australia

I'm having trouble activating my Osmo Mobile 2 with my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 5.01 (tried 2 phones); does anyone know whether the S4 is compatible with DJI Go?
2018-12-2
Use props
travelsignposts
New

Australia

travelsignposts Posted at 12-2 21:22
I'm having trouble activating my Osmo Mobile 2 with my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 5.01 (tried 2 phones); does anyone know whether the S4 is compatible with DJI Go?

I finally activated the gimbal by logging in with an  iPad, but now the DJI app opens the camera then crashes immediately to a black screen. Eventually it returns to the camera screen and the process repeats, although often it simply stays black and I have to switch off the phone to get rid of the freeze.

Perhaps there is a problem with using it on a Galaxy  S4, although the gimbal itself works fine outside of DJI Go. Any ideas on how to fix?
2018-12-3
Use props
Animesh Dutta
New

India

iOS Version v3.1.27.

Can I use Samsung galaxy S5 with Osmo mobile 2?
2019-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules