Should i get the new Props
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

So I've had the original Self-tightening props for the inspire 1 since I got the drone. I Stopped flying about 2 years ago, however, I'm getting back into it and have read about how these type of props are A. Faulty or B.  All round just not good. Is it worth buying the "New" style of props (quick release) or should I just stick with the originals I've got now.

Thanks

2018-2-16
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

as long as you dont fly crazy the props you have are fine.
2018-2-16
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Self-tightening props (OG version) fitted with prop locks is a perfectly usable and reliable setup.
I have used these since Feb 2015, no issues at all. Props are in great shape (running on my second set now)

Just keep a prop / prop lock inspection on your pre-flight checklist and throw away any that have anything which looks like a crack or damage.
No need to 'Upgrade' - only reason DJI changed the prop design is that some people didn't read the manual early on and a number of people lost props in flight.  
2018-2-18
Use props
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

So as long as im "responsible" with them i should be fine
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, Thank you for the inquiry. DJI does not recommend their drone owners to use third-party devices or accessories on their Drone because this might affect the performance or reliability of the Drone. As long as the propellers such as cracks, then the propellers are good for use.

Thank you
2018-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules