Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal not leveling correctly when moved from ...
1172 6 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fIp6FMueuwrz
lvl.1

United States

This is my first post everyone so have fun tearing me apart ok. So I crashed my phantom 3 standard  from 30ft through trees. My gimbal will not work correctly anymore. I get great video and panning works fine. But when I pick the quad up the camera starts going all over the place  searching for who knows what wandering. When I autocalibrate it levels it out again and appears to be working until I pick it up from the ground. I think it might be a hardware problem on the gimbals pcb module. Like something  with the gimbal's gyro. Also, the follow and fpv modes have the same results. Any help would be much appreciated.
2018-2-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It sounds like you need to check the cables connecting the gimbal to the aircraft, one of them may be loose or not fully pugged in.
2018-2-16
Use props
Dronzdude
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the reply mate. I will know more today because I have some parts coming in. Here is a link to the the problem:     
   It does more then just over tilt it starts going all over the place when I move it faster and rotate the quad.
2018-2-17
Use props
Dronzdude
lvl.1

United States

Update: everything seems to be working fine now. I have a new compass and main gimbal plug. It seems to work now. Thanks for the help. No more crashing for me!
2018-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I notice you have what looks to be wire threaded through the gimbal suspension rubbers. Not a good idea. If you don't have the correct anti-drop pins, then discard the wire and put a couple of small cable ties on the suspension. You only need two, diagonally opposite, and fit them reasonably loose, because the rubbers should be able to do their job without being held tight.
2018-2-17
Use props
Dronzdude
lvl.1

United States

Correct. They are hairpins I just had them on temporarily to test the gimbal. No worries. I will be ordering new suspension rubbers and anti drop pins. Thanks for the help!
2018-2-17
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209764 ft
United States

I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable in this subject, and my suspicion could be very wrong, but I think that's normal, as it's trying to keep the gimbal straight as you tilt it. I'll double check that though.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules