Usb Dongle
1720 5 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christianjouvea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193212 ft
France

Hi, is there any information about a Usb Dji dongle to permit to have a HDMI video out on the controller ?

2015-4-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Yeaaah!  I was wondering the same thing when I saw a setting for "Simultaneous image output to App and HDMI" in the Image Transmission Settings of the DJI Pilot app!

2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as I know there will not be a USB Dongle.  It has been discussed that there maybe a module that will have HDMI out on it.  I do not know when that would be available.  It will be an upgrade to the current unit.
2015-5-2
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-3 13:34
As far as I know there will not be a USB Dongle.  It has been discussed that there maybe a module th ...

Would that be a hardware or software upgrade?  I seem to recall that during the launch event of the P3 they were using a some kind of "special configuration" (I don't recall the exact term they used) so that the live feed from the Phantom 3 could be displayed on external monitors.
2015-5-2
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

I hope they don't want to charge like $300 just for an HDMI out... This is the only reason I'm considering buying a Nvidia Shield, instead of using my iPad Air... However, right now some guys having disconnections with his shields is making me nervous... In any case, I've always flown my P1 with goggles, so I'd love to have the option to fly my P3 that way, or with a secondary director monitor too... DJI, please bring a second HDMI out to the P3, and make it affordable.

Anyways, I love the P3 so far.... still can't wait to get to use it with a bigger screen tablet and iOS... but it is already awesome!
2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-3 14:20
Would that be a hardware or software upgrade?  I seem to recall that during the launch event of th ...

They were using the Inspire Tx bound to the P3.  It works but the Tx is more expensive than what I think the HDMI module would be.  We did the same thing to stream video at NAB.
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules