Haven't Flown in a While - Before I do ?
901 7 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jsantacroce
lvl.1
United States

I live in New York and besides the cold this winter haven't had much chance to get out and fly. I've charged up the batteries and controllers every couple weeks and have done a couple quick over the house flights but nothing much at all. I have a P4P+ and also have a regular non-plus controller for it.

Is there anything special I should do not having really flown in months other than log-in and check and do any updates which scare me. Especially with what I went through last year. I just did a quick scan I see many with issues with "orange" firmware when the gimbal is extended down. Are there other current issues and is this now resolved?
I tried reading through various threads but it gets messy trying to figure it out at this point.

Has there been any updates I should be really concerned about? ex: No-fly issues, more wi-fi issues, distance, etc. that impact the P4P+ vs. The P4P? I am also going to update my DJI GO App as well on my iPad.

Any insight into dos and don'ts would be appreciated. If we get a break in the weather I would like to go flying and do not want to spend the weeking sorting it all out if it can be helped.

Many thanks

2018-2-17
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Just do a thorough pre flight check then a close test flight if everything is ok then i would suggest not doing any updates. But of course thats entirly up to you about the updates.
If everything seems fine during test flight then you should be fine to fly as normal.
2018-2-17
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

There are ongoing issues with some updates but not everyone is having issues.
Its kinda update at own risk
2018-2-17
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've noticed with the most recent Go 4 app update on the + controller version 1.3.6.0, it wants to update the GEO System repeatedly. I sat last night and started both acft and R/C, connected acft and did update, cycled power, rinse/repeat 7 times before I was satisfied it didn't really want to update the GEO System. I flew 6 times today and selected Ignore on all of them. When I got home, I flew 3 more time and didn't get the pop-up requesting to update. So, there's some buggy things going on. I've taken 3 Panos with the + controller now, and that works great.

Have some safe flying,

Jeff
2018-2-17
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

If it were me and everything was flying good IWOOD NOT UPDATE but thats up to you.
2018-2-17
Use props
Jsantacroce
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the info all. I had the GEO System Update issue (Repeatedly tried to update) with the last update months ago. Probably last September or October. It finally cleared on it's own. I went out and did a short spin just over the house after checking all settings, charging all batteries, and cleaning, and other then the annoying Wifi-Interference 2.4ghz message I ignore (My phone was in the house) everything seemed to be ok. I did not update. I am saving that for a rainy I feel like being frustrated day.

Thanks again
2018-2-19
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-17 14:06
I've noticed with the most recent Go 4 app update on the + controller version 1.3.6.0, it wants to update the GEO System repeatedly. I sat last night and started both acft and R/C, connected acft and did update, cycled power, rinse/repeat 7 times before I was satisfied it didn't really want to update the GEO System. I flew 6 times today and selected Ignore on all of them. When I got home, I flew 3 more time and didn't get the pop-up requesting to update. So, there's some buggy things going on. I've taken 3 Panos with the + controller now, and that works great.

Have some safe flying,

Wow Jeff I guess my 3 times being asked in my case for the GEO update was a blessing (I feel lucky) and now I’m not so annoyed that it only asked three times. Take Care Fly Safe
2018-2-20
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

RMJovo Posted at 2018-2-20 07:14
Wow Jeff I guess my 3 times being asked in my case for the GEO update was a blessing (I feel lucky) and now I’m not so annoyed that it only asked three times. Take Care Fly Safe

Yeah, when I got in the house I turned on the R/C to synch flight records and the pop-up appeared again.

They’ll get it right and slide it into an update and three other things will go wrong.

Jeff
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules