General Support...as in lack there of (New Mavic Air)
1206 10 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
motovula
lvl.2
South Korea

Dear all,
I'd like to share the horrors of attempting to get the most basic of help from DJI.  
The drone that I ordered, in all excitement that I might add, was the new Mavic Air direct from DJI through their website.

To my dissapointment the firmware would NOT update no matter how many times I've tried (which also means it won't fly).  Now, i've tried asking for help on this forum but the basic answer always is wait.....
But wait for what you might ask...the replacement warranty to run out (15 days for those of you who don't know)?  Not sure, but that's what it sure seems like.

But hey, i'm gonna go to Hong Kong in a few days to visit.  Maybe I can get it fixed at their flagship store there!  I ask on this forum, if this is a good idea.....NO RESPONSE.  

So, I go to the store.  They verify, there is an issue with the drone updating it's firmware and essentially it can't be repaired.  The tech however tells me since it's a Korean drone (what does that mean, you guys sent it from Shenzen and shipped it from Hong Kong) they can't do the replacement.  He promised to send an email that day so that it won't be a problem to have drone replaced once I get to Korea.  So I trust the guy.....big mistake.  Email never sent.  When I call, they pretend like I was never there.  

What do I do?  Well I check the drone again and notice there a file created when they attempted to update the firmware.  Well at least I have proof you guys looked at it.  Sent the file in an email to the Hong Kong store and they finally verified and sent an email to me and the Korean store that they looked at it.

But now the Korean store is saying that since I never opened up a ticket with them that it doesn't count?  Why doesn't any of the admins tell me to open up a ticket with the local store just in case.  I don't understand the workings of this company but the basics of how customers are treated has been measured/weighed and found to be severely lacking.  Understand DJI, you've lost a customer for life.  You're only treated well if you've got a huge following on Youtube.  I'm no Casey Neistat.

-Disappointed in Korea, Motovula

2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Motovula, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, since your drone is Korea version, the HK Flagstore may be unable to replace it for you, may I know if the Korean store will provide warranty service?
We are keeping learning and improving our customer service, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2018-2-17
Use props
motovula
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-17 20:05
Hi Motovula, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, since your drone is Korea version, the HK Flagstore may be unable to replace it for you, may I know if the Korean store will provide warranty service?
We are keeping learning and improving our customer service, sorry again for the trouble caused.

Thanks for the reply.  Apparently the Korean store is waiting for their tech staff to return from the holidays here for them to verify the Hong Kong teams analysis.  But I get different answers based on when I call and who answers the phone.  The lack of consistency in the answers I get is confusing.  If you have any pull with the company you should suggest some consistency in training at minimum.
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

motovula Posted at 2018-2-17 21:29
Thanks for the reply.  Apparently the Korean store is waiting for their tech staff to return from the holidays here for them to verify the Hong Kong teams analysis.  But I get different answers based on when I call and who answers the phone.  The lack of consistency in the answers I get is confusing.  If you have any pull with the company you should suggest some consistency in training at minimum.

Motovula, thanks for your feedback and we would like to help. Please tell me the SN of your mavic air. Did you get case number from our support? Please keep us updated in this thread, so we can follow the case.
2018-2-18
Use props
motovula
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-18 19:33
Motovula, thanks for your feedback and we would like to help. Please tell me the SN of your mavic air. Did you get case number from our support? Please keep us updated in this thread, so we can follow the case.

Hi Electra,
The reference number from the HK branch is CAS-1480656-J4G4J4
Serial: 0K1DF1E1BDK819
I have yet to hear anything back from the Korean branch.
Thanks ahead of time for looking into it.

2018-2-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

RE: General Support...as in lack there of (New Mavic Air)

motovula Posted at 2018-2-18 21:13
Hi Electra,
The reference number from the HK branch is CAS-1480656-J4G4J4
Serial: 0K1DF1E1BDK819

Thanks for your update. We would follow the case and inform you if we have any news about it.
2018-2-19
Use props
droneuserdon
lvl.1
United States

Another horror story, hope it works out man, welcome to the club!
2018-2-19
Use props
motovula
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-19 00:12
Thanks for your update. We would follow the case and inform you if we have any news about it.

So here's the update.  The Korean store basic response is we don't care that you went to the Hong Kong store to verify the problem with the drone.  Basically they are asking me to travel an hour into Seoul to give them the drone with no guarantee they will honor the warranty and state they will eventually send me another one.  Which could basically mean a refurbished one.  So corporate.  What are you gonna do about this?  I'm only going into the store if the warranty as stated is honored and a NEW working drone will be given to me in its place.  Otherwise, what's the point of the warranty?  The tech at the Hong Store stated in clear terms I only needed to bring the drone in and it will be swapped.  Have I been lied to?  Still waiting for resolution here....
2018-2-19
Use props
motovula
lvl.2
South Korea

motovula Posted at 2018-2-19 23:44
So here's the update.  The Korean store basic response is we don't care that you went to the Hong Kong store to verify the problem with the drone.  Basically they are asking me to travel an hour into Seoul to give them the drone with no guarantee they will honor the warranty and state they will eventually send me another one.  Which could basically mean a refurbished one.  So corporate.  What are you gonna do about this?  I'm only going into the store if the warranty as stated is honored and a NEW working drone will be given to me in its place.  Otherwise, what's the point of the warranty?  The tech at the Hong Store stated in clear terms I only needed to bring the drone in and it will be swapped.  Have I been lied to?  Still waiting for resolution here....

As far as I'm concerned this drone was bought directly from DJI.  It shouldn't matter what DJI store I go to.  Let alone having the need to go to a store in the first place.  Shouldn't the customer's expection be this simple.  The only thing i'm learning from this experience is never buy direct.  True?
2018-2-20
Use props
motovula
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-17 20:05

Have you guys actually had any conversations with the Korean store?
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

motovula Posted at 2018-2-21 15:32
Have you guys actually had any conversations with the Korean store?

We're sorry for the late response due to the holiday. The management is investigating this case and help you get an update soon. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules