Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A question regarding Active Track and frame rate
822 4 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans84ea54b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43707 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I always shoot video in manual so I can have full creative control.

I've noticed, however, that my Phantom 4 Pro always wants to switch to auto and 30fps while shooting in Active Track mode.

I only ever shoot at 24fps or 60fps, so why is the Phantom switching my settings to 30fps and other auto settings?

This only happens in Active Track mode.

Thank you.                                                
2018-2-17
Use props
fans84ea54b0
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Anyone have any ideas?
2018-2-18
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Unfortunately i have no idea on this one ive not done alot with active track yet.
But im sure some of the gurus here should have an idea or may be able to test this on their drones to see if they are getting the same results.
2018-2-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This might be a fault in the software, but it is worth noting that Active Track uses the images from the main camera to track the object. Therefore it might be that the software needs to have the camera operating at 30 fps in order to track the target better.
2018-2-18
Use props
fans84ea54b0
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies. There's probably a good reason for it as you've mentioned. It would just be nice to know, on a technical sort of level, why this is the case. But your thought there is the best answer I've had!
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules