Phantom 3 Adv Erratic Camera after ribbon replacement
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfeacf914
New

United States

Hi all I'm new to the site and am struggling with an erratic camera issue on my Phantom 3 Advanced.  I've reviewed several youtube vids and adjusted the roll sensor to no avail.  I recently replaced ribbon due to a crash but now have this erratic camera issue I cannot figure out.  Has anyone ever tried adjusting the Pitch sensor?  I saw one guy mentioned that but I have not gone there yet.  Any other ideas are welcome.  Thank you!
2018-2-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

There could have been damage to parts other than the ribbon cable.  A board could have been easily damaged.
2018-2-17
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

That ribbon cable is not a hard job, but it can be challenging. Make sure all ends are securely plugged into the sockets. Also check the cables going into the phantom that come out of the mounting bracket for your camera. How hard of a hit did your phantom take? There could be a slight chance one of the cables inside might have jarred loose? Or like Alabama suggests, may have something else damaged. Good luck.
2018-2-17
Use props
fansfeacf914
New

United States

It's fixed and I wanted to followup in case anyone else runs into the same problem.  After replacing my ribbon I had everything buttoned, turned on the aircraft and the camera was dancing all over erratically.  I adjusted the pitch potentiometers to no avail.  I finally decided I'd have to remove the camera and adjusted the roll potentiometer, upon doing that I noticed the camera connector was not clamped down.  The ribbon was in place but the clamp was not seated.  This ended up fixing my problem and my Phantom is flying like a champ again!  Thanks to those of you who responded and I hope this can help someone in the future.  Preston
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules